Kings sign Damian Jones for the rest of the season AND next year, waive Chris Silva

Welp - he's no savior, but his contributions consistently aren't reflected in his stat line, he's young, presumably inexpensive, and I like his demeanor on court. Would have liked to see what Silva could do, but.... a good, minor move.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Looks like we missed Moe Wagner by 2 hours.
We may have missed Moe Wagner by 2 positions in the standings - Wiz in the 10 slot and seriously vying for the play-in game are more appealing than Kings in the 12 slot, 6 games (and having to jump the Pelicans) away from being in the mix.

Edit: Nope, that's not the right team. Carry on.

Last edited:
Im ok letting Silva go, but right now Damien is the only Center signed for next year

Holmes is free agent
Metu is an RFA if we offer 1.5M Qualifying offer

But I think he is more Metu insurance than Holmes insurance
After we spend our money on Holmes, Kings may not match a
larger 3-4 mil offer sheet for Metu

But a 3 deep C position of Holmes,Metu and Jones would be ok also

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
We may have missed Moe Wagner by 2 positions in the standings - Wiz in the 10 slot and seriously vying for the play-in game are more appealing than Kings in the 12 slot, 6 games (and having to jump the Pelicans) away from being in the mix.
I thought he signed with the Magic?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah, we'll probably have to wait on the details of this one, but usually when a contract like this is drawn up (rest of season plus one year) the extra year is a team option or unguaranteed money. I would assume we go after both Metu and Holmes in free agency, and if we lock up both, Jones may not actually be around next year.

James Ham @James_HamNBCS
With Chris Silva being waived, this might be very good news for two-way player Chimezie Metu. Kings now have an open roster spot and the ability to sign him to a similar contract to what Damian Jones is getting. That would give the team more options for next season.

Holmes, Metu, Jones
Bagley, Jalen Johnson (mock PF pick at 7)
Metu has shown some versatility and good decision-making, he is definitely worth a roster spot.

Hopefully Bagley is gone. The writing is on the wall with that one.
It will (as others have stated) take another interested party.

Bagley isn't strong enough to play center doesn't have half the toughness as Metu/Jones; don't want him and his matador defense AT ALL!
No more excuses for MB(roken) III (time).

If Barnes is available when we pick, I hope we go for him as opposed to Johnson.
The team needs to improve defensively.

Also would like to draft a PF in first round of the draft

If for no other reason but to watch Bagley's Dad's head explode like in the movie Scanners
(was gonna post a gif- but this is a family friendly board)

Last edited:
Don't get too excited about this guy. He looks good at times, but other times (like against his former team the Warriors) he looks more like Duane Causwell.