[Game] Kings at Warriors, Sunday April 25th, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

Thank god he did the most Buddy-like thing ever at the end of the game.
I said the same thing to my wife right when it happened. Normally I’d be pissed. But given that the team competed, played hard and to win — I’m not upset. The L surely isn’t costing the KINGS a thing.

The play just further showed why most KINGS fans never want the ball in Buddy’s hands unless it’s a catch and shoot. He’s a turnover waiting to happen.

Who knew that those in the top 10 in any major statistical category are only there because they have “high usage”.

Next time somebody points out that a player is an “all-star” I’ll be sure to clap back with the high usage response.
Stephon Marbury was consistently in the top 10 for assists and I would never have thought yeah he makes his teammates better on offense with his passing in fact in a few years he was above John Stockton. Ricky Davis of all people was top 20 (above likes of Tony Parker)playing on a bad team.

James Ham @James_HamNBCS
Haliburton knocked down 6-for-7 from the field in the fourth quarter for 15 of his 24 points. No other Kings player hit a basket in the fourth.

In other words, it was a perfect game. The rook played like a star when it mattered most while tank commander Buddy delivered the WOSS.

I'm rooting for buddy to do buddy things and for Bags to black hole empty stats the rest of the year. Then trade both this off season. Buddy doing Buddy things is cool right now, but if the Kings are serious about winning, you just can't have him giving away 4 to 10 points each game via silly turnovers. Likely significantly more when factoring in his matador defense.

Of course you would find a way to dismiss facts
Why don’t you present assists per usage and counter my argument versus just whining about a salient point?

Trae Young (for example) is also high in assists. He rarely passes the ball until he’s certain he can’t score. The concept of passing up a good shot for a great shot never enters his head.

Last edited:
Stephon Marbury was consistently in the top 10 for assists and I would never have thought yeah he makes his teammates better on offense with his passing in fact in a few years he was above John Stockton. Ricky Davis of all people was top 20 (above likes of Tony Parker)playing on a bad team.
Why go back that far. How about just pointing to Russell Westbrook who often led the league in assists while driving away high quality teammates.

Exactly. He sucks at passing the ball!
I don’t think I ever said that....

An elite true point guard like John Stockton, Chris Paul will always pass up a good shot for a teammates great one. To me Haliburton is that type of player.

An elite true scoring guard like Devin Booker or Michael Jordan has the utmost confidence they can get a bucket whenever they want. To me Fox is that kind of player.

It is not a criticism of Fox as both players are extremely valuable and you need each type. PHX became much better when they got Paul and Booker was free to be Booker. Portland has often struggled because both guards are the Booker type of player. I think the Kings are fortunate to have both Hali and Fox. Now we just need a front court.

So you wanna cherry pick examples that fit the narrative?

Ok. Fine.You cherry pick your examples, I’ll cherry pick mine and guess who will have a much larger list? Hint: it won’t be you.

This is a very bad argument to double down on.

Circling back to the main point, criticizing or suggesting De’Aaron Fox is some of sort of “stats” player that doesn’t make his teammates better is ridiculously silly.

Is he a perfect player? No. Does he have flaws? Yes. But let’s not get carried away.

Anybody making this argument is someone I won’t be taking seriously going forward.

Last edited: