Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I’d go, I’m vaccinated, but the thought of trying to enjoy recreation with a mask on is awful to me. I’d rather watch terrible basketball at home without a mask on.

FYI I’m not an anti mask person(that’s a weird statement), I just hate wearing them.
I understand that. Wearing them doesn't really bother me other than fogging up my glasses sometimes (depending on the mask). That, and I have a bit of hearing loss so I tend to watch people's mouths when talking to them to help catch stuff I might not hear clearly. Masks certainly don't help on that account. But, we all make do!

I’d go, I’m vaccinated, but the thought of trying to enjoy recreation with a mask on is awful to me. I’d rather watch terrible basketball at home without a mask on.

FYI I’m not an anti mask person(that’s a weird statement), I just hate wearing them.
Nope - I am 100% in this camp. Lots of reasons, all valid. But if I have to be around people, I'm masked. So the choice to not be around people gets made 9/10 times.

when I was there Weds night, my biggest problem was my mask
I usually only mask up for a few min when I pickup my subway sand, or go into conv store, or
meet with a client at front desk for a few min

Wearing my mask for 3 hours was just awful, too hot, fogged glasses, just hard for me to breathe
the few min I dropped in below my nose just to breathe in some air, the Mask police in the arena
was all over me. I felt like saying "Hey go down to the floor and tell the same thing to Luke!"
who is always dropping his mask.

Only place to get a drink was after going thru awful Phone ordering, then going out on the patio
You cant take a bottle of water even to your seat. I guess they dont want to give you an excuse to drop mask
Hard to yell for your team thru te mask, at least Pamm and I brought our Cowbells!!!

Just complaining, but still have two games next week Woot Woot!!

I usually only mask up for a few min when I pickup my subway sand, or go into conv store, or

Wearing my mask for 3 hours was just awful, too hot, fogged glasses, just hard for me to breathe
the few min I dropped in below my nose just to breathe in some air, the Mask police in the arena
was all over me. I felt like saying "Hey go down to the floor and tell the same thing to Luke!"

Only place to get a drink was after going thru awful Phone ordering, then going out on the patio
You cant take a bottle of water even to your seat. I guess they dont want to give you an excuse to drop mask
Hard to yell for your team thru te mask, at least Pamm and I brought our Cowbells!!!

Oh man. I now 100% won't go.

I hear what you’re saying. I wear mask 12-14 hours a day when I’m working so in my time off I rather not wear one at all so it just makes more sense to me do something else rather than be reminded of work

The patio break at halftime saved the day for me. I was fairly uncomfortable until then. They managed the air conditioning horribly in my opinion. But from halftime on, I was good.

I wish they would liberalize the "eating in the bowl" rule. It would make a night and day comfort difference if you could at minimum have a beverage down there.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
like the number 14, couldn't find a former Sac King wearing 12 so with that said....12 to go!
No Sacramento King has ever worn the number 12. It was retired in honor of Maurice Stokes, although I don't see an indication of exactly when the retirement happened. Stokes died in 1970, but the number was worn by four players after his death as late as 1981. Whether it was formally retired before or after the Kings moved to Sacramento, no Sacramento King has worn it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No Sacramento King has ever worn the number 12. It was retired in honor of Maurice Stokes, although I don't see an indication of exactly when the retirement happened. Stokes died in 1970, but the number was worn by four players after his death as late as 1981. Whether it was formally retired before or after the Kings moved to Sacramento, no Sacramento King has worn it.
so do the numbers 12 and 14 sit in the rafters in Golden 1 Center?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
and for the third time I come to you without a former Sac King wearing 11, since that number too has been retired so instead I'll just go ahead and post this instead.....down to 11

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Show some respect for one of the best players in the world at the time. His jersey was retired before the Kings moved here. He is part of the franchise history, just like Oscar, etc.
It has nothing to do with showing respect. I'm trying to come to terms on why his jersey is in the rafters when he never played for the Kings. Whatever happened before they moved here is irrelevant to the Kings franchise in my opinion

It has nothing to do with showing respect. I'm trying to come to terms on why his jersey is in the rafters when he never played for the Kings. Whatever happened before they moved here is irrelevant to the Kings franchise in my opinion
Where should the jerseys hang if a team has moved? Erase the player from history? As long as it’s the same franchise, what’s the problem. What if a team changed names? Should their jerseys go down too? Not attacking you in anyway. Just an odd take and seriously want to know

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Where should the jerseys hang if a team has moved? Erase the player from history? As long as it’s the same franchise, what’s the problem. What if a team changed names? Should their jerseys go down too? Not attacking you in anyway. Just an odd take and seriously want to know
The players are in the history books regardless, just in their city and team that they've made those achievements. Bringing over history from another city from another team name just isn't right, that should not transfer over when starting a new but that's just my point of view.

I think it's weird to retire jerseys just because someone was "good". I don't have problems with them moving with a franchise.

I dont think any of the '99-03 Kings should have their jersey retired. Just my opinion.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think it's weird to retire jerseys just because someone was "good". I don't have problems with them moving with a franchise.

I dont think any of the '99-03 Kings should have their jersey retired. Just my opinion.
I think jerseys should be unretired. I’m looking at one very specifically.

Snark aside, I’m cool with Webber. The other ones always seemed like a stretch to me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

C-Webb was one of the top ten or so players in the league in that era and would be in the HOF by now if he weren’t still feuding with most of the Fab Five. He’s the best player in Sacramento era history. He deserves to be up in the rafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.