Crime of the Day - Keep it light-hearted

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ligator-while-doing-clients-nails/3087316001/

A woman who was visiting a client for an in-home nail appointment during lockdown in South Carolina was attacked and killed by an alligator in South Carolina, according to a police report released Tuesday.

Howell said she screamed to Covert that the alligator had grabbed a deer from that spot and Covert replied "I don't look like a deer" and tried to touch the animal. The alligator grabbed Covert by the leg and started to pull her into the water.

As the pair tried to pull her from the water, the alligator stared to roll and Covert lost her grip on the rope. Clawson told police the alligator took her underwater and she released the rope.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Holy crap, dude. It's that's "light-hearted" I sure don't want to see what you think is heavy. ;)

In all seriousness, that's just ANOTHER reason why I'll take my mountain living over anywhere that has alligators...or sharks...or hurricanes.
Yeah, but I thought the "I'll go pet the wild alligator" part was the humorous touch it needed to fit in here. And the breaking of the stay-at-home ordinance (please, everyone, let's not go "there" in this thread) was a pretty "light" crime to make it into this list.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Yeah, but I thought the "I'll go pet the wild alligator" part was the humorous touch it needed to fit in here.
Actually, I have a funny little story to relate about alligators. Maybe 25 years ago our family went to Florida on vacation and we went on an airboat ride in the Everglades, etc. We stopped by a park with an elevated paved walking path (earth embankment) out to an observation platform, if I remember correctly. The guide said not to walk too close to any of the wild alligators that might be hanging out on the sides of the walkway. So my mom goes strolling right by one while walking down the path. We grabbed her and pulled her away and said "WTH are you doing? They said not to get too close!" She said, "Well, if they were dangerous, they wouldn't let them near the people, would they?" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, but I thought the "I'll go pet the wild alligator" part was the humorous touch it needed to fit in here. And the breaking of the stay-at-home ordinance (please, everyone, let's not go "there" in this thread) was a pretty "light" crime to make it into this list.
Fair enough. She is definitely a candidate for the Darwin award. ;)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Um, OK…
A man being booked into an Alabama jail wound up at a hospital rather than behind bars after a scan revealed a shotgun shell in his abdomen.

Prisoners entering the Morgan County Jail routinely undergo a body scan when being admitted, and a recent image showed what appeared to be a shell from a .410-gauge shotgun that had been swallowed inside a person, spokesperson Mike Swafford said Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/oddities-alabama-decatur-a26ee60636833ce52e96c7b389614f23