Probable Lottery picks in the 2021 Draft:

yeah I think you are way wrong on Wagner. All his advanced stats are very good and move him to the 3/4, I think he excels.

in the 6-9 range where the Kings are most likely draft I’m looking at Wagner or Giddey. From the mocks I’ve seen Donsumu could be there in the 2nd round.
I have watched a bit of Giddy I don't really see what's so great unless you think a less athletic Tomas Satoransky is good, he's could be a solid rotation player.

yeah I think you are way wrong on Wagner. All his advanced stats are very good and move him to the 3/4, I think he excels.

in the 6-9 range where the Kings are most likely draft I’m looking at Wagner or Giddey. From the mocks I’ve seen Donsumu could be there in the 2nd round.
Giddey is really the intriguing one cause he can play 1-3. My dream draft scenario would be to trade down and snag Kai Jones or another solid big and take a chance on Giddey...from what I’ve seen dude projects to be an active defender and creative passer with a high IQ for the game...can always use more of that

Last edited:
Giddey is really the intriguing one cause he can play 1-3. My dream draft scenario would be to trade down and snag Kai Jones or another solid big and take a chance on Giddey...from what I’ve seen dude projects to be an active defender and creative passer with a high IQ for the game...can always use more of that
Giddey is climbing draft boards. One big board has him in top 10.

Man I'm totally on the Davion Mitchell bandwagon.

Elite first step, seems unafraid of the moment, tough as nails, nice moves to create separation, solid shot, seems to be able to make decent passes too.

Man, I'm going to have to watch other prospects but the bar is pretty high here.

A fox, Mitchell, haliburton combo would be amazing
A Fox Mitchell Haliburton combo would get bullied worse than the Kings already get bullied.

I get you take the best player available but the Kings almost have to go for a wing. They are ridiculously poor in the front court. Monte is going to have his work cut out for him as all likely options have questions.

Ziare Williams: SF, 6'8", 185 Lbs, 6'10.5 wingspan, Freshman, Stanford.
30.4 mpg - 12.1 ppg - 36.8% fgp -31.1% 3pp - 83.7% ftp - 5.5 rpg - 2.6 apg - 1.0 steals.

I really like Williams and think he can be a special player. I think he's definitely a lottery pick, probably late in the lottery between 10 and 14. His draft status might have been hurt a bit by his slow start with his shooting. He couldn't shoot a pea into the ocean for the first few games. Some of it was poor shot selection and probably some if it was rust from the long layoff. In truth, he's a little on the raw side offensively and tends to play at warp speed a little too much. However, he's a very good athlete and that tendency to hustle all the time translates well to the defensive side of the ball, where I think he could be a lock down defender in the future.

Williams has decent form on his shot and a quick release, and when you consider his 83.7% freethrow percentage, it bodes well for the future. He's a good passer and a decent to good rebounder despite his rather frail looking body. He definitely needs some time in the weight room. He has good handles, but gets a little loose with the ball at times. I think he has a very high ceiling and in time could be one of the better players in the NBA. I admit that I'm biased, but my gut tells me this kid could be special.

He's likely a one and done player, but you never know with Stanford players. Over the years some very good players have opted to stay for more than one year at Stanford. However, it's been a while since Stanford has had a 5 star, blue chip player on their team, so who knows? Williams is a talented kid. If he can become a consistent shooter and get stronger, the sky's the limit for him.

Williams is slipping and the kid I would have targeted with the Boston pick had we traded Barnes. I think he might be a Jaden McDaniels late first round steal.

A Fox Mitchell Haliburton combo would get bullied worse than the Kings already get bullied.

I get you take the best player available but the Kings almost have to go for a wing. They are ridiculously poor in the front court. Monte is going to have his work cut out for him as all likely options have questions.
Luckily for us, this is a great wing class. Cade, Kuminga, Johnson, Wagner, Barnes. Kispert, and Giddey(PG).

Kings ought to target Mobley, but Mobley could get picked anywhere. They need a true Center. I liked the way Kuminga looked, and probably more reasonable if the Kings draft 4-6. Jalen Green is a tad more athletic than Kuminga, and looks to be a ferocious attacker - reminding a bit of Westbrook. I liked Kuminga's patience and spin moves - he's got the whirling dervish going well - like.

Mocks have the Kings picking Scottie Barnes at #7 - I watched some highlights of Barnes - doesn't look like much of shooter, but a good energy and defensive player - if the Kings get unlucky, Barnes may not be a bad pick - a hustle player along with Holmes who would certainly shore up defense.. I'd view him as sort of a safe pick, not swinging for the fences.

I haven't looked too much at prospects but like Mobley, Kuminga, Barnes.....the Kings need some size.

Kings ought to target Mobley, but Mobley could get picked anywhere. They need a true Center. I liked the way Kuminga looked, and probably more reasonable if the Kings draft 4-6. Jalen Green is a tad more athletic than Kuminga, and looks to be a ferocious attacker - reminding a bit of Westbrook. I liked Kuminga's patience and spin moves - he's got the whirling dervish going well - like.

Mocks have the Kings picking Scottie Barnes at #7 - I watched some highlights of Barnes - doesn't look like much of shooter, but a good energy and defensive player - if the Kings get unlucky, Barnes may not be a bad pick - a hustle player along with Holmes who would certainly shore up defense.. I'd view him as sort of a safe pick, not swinging for the fences.

I haven't looked too much at prospects but like Mobley, Kuminga, Barnes.....the Kings need some size.
Mobley is #1 on my want list. He would help to fill so many holes on this team.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

With Barnes your gambling that he'll develop his 3 pt shot, which is something that scares me a bit. Other than that, he's a very talented player. Terrific passer and defender. Smart player as well, and he has good handles. My personal choice if I had carte blanche, would be Mobley, but the only way the Kings get a shot at him is if they get lucky in the lottery, or trade up somehow. I have him going number two in the draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Williams is slipping and the kid I would have targeted with the Boston pick had we traded Barnes. I think he might be a Jaden McDaniels late first round steal.
Well I guess that depends on whether you consider Jaden McDaniels a steal, which I don't. He plays just like his brother, which isn't a compliment. I still like Williams, and if a team can get him somewhere in the twenties, I think they'll have themselves a good player down the road, probably sooner than people think.

With Barnes your gambling that he'll develop his 3 pt shot, which is something that scares me a bit. Other than that, he's a very talented player. Terrific passer and defender. Smart player as well, and he has good handles. My personal choice if I had carte blanche, would be Mobley, but the only way the Kings get a shot at him is if they get lucky in the lottery, or trade up somehow. I have him going number two in the draft.
Yeah, I think the Kings would have to lose the remainder of their games to have a decent shot at #3, #4 and #5. The #1 and #2 slots are statistically highly unlikely - really #3 is actually also. I think the 'best' the Kings could do would be #4 - asking Detroit to win 6 more games than Kings seems highly unlikely. With so many teams crammed together - even 1 win can hurt. 5 and 6 have almost the same statistical chance of getting a top 4 pick. The question becomes, if Mobley is taken which seems highly likely, who do they take if landing 4-6? At this time I'd like to see Kuminga. I didn't like Jalen Johnson highlights too much. If Cunningham goes lower / is available get him. Kings don't need another guard in Suggs. Jalen Green looks like the best athlete in the draft, or at least in the top 10 - I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Kings draft him if picking around 5.. Green looks like he needs the ball in his hands somewhat.....it would again be traffic jam at backcourt.

Mobley is #1 on my want list. He would help to fill so many holes on this team.
Yes, Mobley would instantly address depth on the Kings 4 and 5 position. Holmes can then drop to his natural power forward position too. Bagley can come off the bench. The T-Wolves don't need a center with Towns, so they probably would not pick Mobley, but either the Rockets or Pistons would likely sign him. I think for the Kings to have a fair chance at Mobley would have defy lottery odds to somehow get #3 pick.

Well I guess that depends on whether you consider Jaden McDaniels a steal, which I don't. He plays just like his brother, which isn't a compliment. I still like Williams, and if a team can get him somewhere in the twenties, I think they'll have themselves a good player down the road, probably sooner than people think.
Detroit has been pretty happy with him but we agree on Williams.

I would still put Cade at 1st, mainly because I don't believe Mobley has elite talent like AD, Embiid or Jokic. If you don't have that level of talent a big men isn't worth a top 3 pick. And Suggs hasn't done anything to top Cade.

I would still put Cade at 1st, mainly because I don't believe Mobley has elite talent like AD, Embiid or Jokic. If you don't have that level of talent a big men isn't worth a top 3 pick. And Suggs hasn't done anything to top Cade.
It always a crap-shoot....the Kings do not have good drafting history. Kings need another big-man - there's always a little higher risk with Centers/PFs.....Halliburton was one of their fortuitous/finest picks. He and Fox are 2 of the best picks in Sacramento era drafts. Here are other good picks: Isaiah Cousins, Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Martin, Hedo Turkoglu, Gerald Wallace, Jason Williams, Peja Stojakovic.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It always a crap-shoot....the Kings do not have good drafting history. Kings need another big-man - there's always a little higher risk with Centers/PFs.....Halliburton was one of their fortuitous/finest picks. He and Fox are 2 of the best picks in Sacramento era drafts. Here are other good picks: Isaiah Cousins, Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Martin, Hedo Turkoglu, Gerald Wallace, Jason Williams, Peja Stojakovic.
you meant to say Isaiah Thomas, right?

yeah I’m hoping we are smart enough to trade Barnes and end up around 5 or 6. That gives us a reasonable shot at the big 4 and hopefully Williams as a back up plan. Do I think we will do it. No, I think Vivek has us perpetually slotted into 8-10 hell but one can hope.
Why do you want to get rid of Barnes? Not that I’m against the idea. But he just seems like one of our few real solid players, plus he’s a great guy.

Why do you want to get rid of Barnes? Not that I’m against the idea. But he just seems like one of our few real solid players, plus he’s a great guy.
timing not right for this team. Need a slight reset. Losing Barnes at the trade deadline would have helped us get more lottery balls and give us a pick to roll the dice on a Williams or Poku

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Crying shame about Terrence Clark. He had such an up and down year with his injury and a little head butting with Calipari, but he was a talented player who I thought would be better served staying at Kentucky another year. But that's all irrelevant now. Very sad. My prayers go out to his family...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's looking more and more like the Kings will end up in the 7th spot, barring getting lucky in the lottery. The only team we might catch in our race to the bottom is the Cav's, who are two games worse than us in the loss column. With 13 games left to go, I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. On the other hand, we're 5 games behind the Warriors for the 10th spot in the play in. With only 13 games left, it would take a miracle to catch them. So my attention is focused on who should we take at seven?

Looking at our needs, which are in my opinion, at center and small forward. I really like Kai Jones, but he's more of a Power Forward than a center. However, he could fill a need as well depending on what we do with Bagley. I still like Wagner. He's a very skilled player and the Kings need as many of those as possible. My personal favorite is Moses Moody, who is still only 18 years old and is one of the youngest players in the draft. He's an excellent defender and will be a better offensive player in the NBA when he's not the number one focus of the other teams defense. He's also capable of playing all three wing positions. Coming in second as a personal favorite is Davion Mitchell. Only 6'2", but maybe the best defender in college while shooting around 50% from the three.

It's possible that Scottie Barnes slides down to seven, and if so, I would have to consider him. His shooting still scares me, but he's so skilled at everywhere else that he would hard to pass up. I'm still high on Kispert. I can't ignore what he's done through out his college career because of his poor shooting in the Tournament. Another player I really like, and who would likely be considered a reach by many, is Tre Mann from Florida. He's a combo guard and a real baller on both ends of the court. I also like Keon Johnson. As you can see, there are a lot of very talented SG's in this draft, and the best player available just might be a SG.

If we can resign Holmes, then we might be able to address our need for center depth in the 2nd rd with players like Kofi Cockburn, Ibou Dianko Badji, or Sandro Mamukelashjvili. I would love Sandro on the team just to hear our announcers try and pronounce his name. Sandro is a very skilled big man who can also shoot the three. Both Cockburn and Badji are physical specimens with upside, but need some time to develop. However I'm impressed with Cockburns growth this season. He ended the season a much more confident player.

Then you have the dark horses like Usman Garuba, Chris Duarte, or Roko Prkacin. It's also possible that the Kings trade down, or maybe out of the draft altogether. Not likely, but hey, you never know. If I had to pick a player in the so called top five that might slide down a bit, it would be Kuminga, simply because of his poor outside shooting in the G-League. Finally, who would I take if we got lucky and jumped up into the 3rd spot in the draft. Easy choice, Jalen Green. That's assuming that both Cunningham and Mobley went one and two.

7 would be just fine with me. Assuming the top 5 stays as expected (Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Kuminga, Green in some order), 7 leaves us at least one of Scottie Barnes or Moses Moody falling into our laps. Both of whom I think fit the profile of excellent upside, great long-term fit with Fox/Hali and at positions of need.

As bad as the Kings defense has been I would consider Barnes a must at this point. Add on the boom potential and it's a no brainer. If he busts he'll still be a great switch defender. That said, Holmes coming back, Luke Walton as the coach, yeah, see you at pick 11 draft night, haha.

Really warming up to Moses Moody. Complete game and 7 foot wingspan. Though he’s listed as a SG recon with some time and added strength he can play along side Fox and Tyrese.
I also see he has Baja’s vote of confidence so that doesn’t hurt either.

Really warming up to Moses Moody. Complete game and 7 foot wingspan. Though he’s listed as a SG recon with some time and added strength he can play along side Fox and Tyrese.
I also see he has Baja’s vote of confidence so that doesn’t hurt either.
Super long arms, really high release on the shooting stroke and he's not going to be 19 until the end of May. Defensively plays incredibly hard and takes pride in being a great on-ball defender. And with his physical measurables, there's real upside for him to be elite at the NBA level.

I do have some questions about his creation off the dribble and if he'll be a playmaker for others. But I think we'd be getting a really solid multi-positional defender who can shoot right off the bat.

Barnes is still my guy though. In a normal draft, he'd be more talked up as a top 3 pick with how unique his skill-set is as a big wing creator that can defend at least 3 positions. I understand the shooting concerns, but he still maintained reasonable efficiency with a 54% TS. You just don't see the Scottie Barnes skill-set very often and when you do, it's almost always a star player.