[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I never intended to insinuate anything of the sort. I acknowledge that you have been nothing but consistent on that point. I won't call it insanity as I don't think that's what it is. I just don't think the game is "ruined enough" for you to stop watching.
:: shrugs ::

T'ain't nothin' better on TV, that's all.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
just a couple of number 2 overall picks dating back to 2013 that are made out of glass; Oladipo, Parker, Russell with Bagley and Wiseman added to the list it's not looking good for whoever will be picking second in the 2021 draft

just a couple of number 2 overall picks dating back to 2013 that are made out of glass; Oladipo, Parker, Russell with Bagley and Wiseman added to the list it's not looking good for whoever will be picking second in the 2021 draft
Mark Tatum: And the 2nd pick in the 2021 nba draft will go to...The Sacramento Kings
And Kings fans rejoice thinking they lucked out and jumped up in the lottery when in reality they will be picking with the cursed #2 pick :(

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Somewhere Evan Mobley's lower leg tendons give an ominous groan.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Watching the video of the Murray injury and seeing Mike Malone literally be the first person at his side and then seeing Mike Malone getting choked up during his press conference reinforces my opinion that firing Malone was in fact the biggest mistake in recent franchise history and it was not in fact the time Vlade made a booboo in the draft.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Watching the video of the Murray injury and seeing Mike Malone literally be the first person at his side and then seeing Mike Malone getting choked up during his press conference reinforces my opinion that firing Malone was in fact the biggest mistake in recent franchise history and it was not in fact the time Vlade made a booboo in the draft.
Malone was going to get that team in the playoffs, and I'll never be convinced otherwise.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
having said that, I hope Monte takes a similar approach in finding another Malone type of coach who is just waiting in the wings somewhere on a team for his chance to become head coach. There are some quality assistants out there available, it's about convincing them to come to the basketball hell that is the major issue.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Every time anyone brings up yogurt I roll my eyes. Malone is “the one that got away.” No one else.

With that above said, Na fam. Vlade’s booboo was infinitely worse.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'd say it's a wash. And I think that Slovenian kid is going to win multiple MVP awards before his NBA career is over so that's how strongly I feel about Mike Malone as a head coach. That decision set a bad precedent for this team at the start of the Vivek era that we have yet to recover from.

having said that, I hope Monte takes a similar approach in finding another Malone type of coach who is just waiting in the wings somewhere on a team bench waiting for his chance to become head coach. There are some quality assistants out there available, it's about convincing them to come to the basketball hell that is the major issue.
Vivek needs to go back to jerry west and apologize for effing up and firing the guy west told him to hire. Maybe him and Monte can then ask him for another chance to point us in the right direction for our next head coach.

hrdboild

Staff member
If we kept Malone, we wouldn’t have been in a position to miss out on Luka.
Sure, but that's alternate history. The whole roster would have been different if we'd made the playoffs in 2015 with DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, and Darren Collison as our core group. Maybe DeMarcus still has the injuries and the core falls apart after a short playoff run but I think as long as you have a great coach in place you're going to find a way back to relevancy soon enough. And what we've lacked more than anything for the last 15+ years is a stable management/coaching team for players to buy into.

hrdboild

Staff member
Vivek needs to go back to jerry west and apologize for effing up and firing the guy west told him to hire. Maybe him and Monte can then ask him for another chance to point us in the right direction for our next head coach.
Imagine if Vivek had managed to bring both Mike Malone and Jerry West over with him to Sacramento. The mind boggles at where this franchise would be right now. He made a great decision right out of the gate with his first hiring but then he allowed subsequent personnel decisions to undo it. I give him credit for caring though. Mistakes are ultimately forgivable. At least he's not actively sabotaging the team for his own selfish reasons. I don't think anyone will be more excited than Vivek when this team starts winning and I hope we get to see that while he's still around. He played a role in keeping our Kings in Sacramento so he'll forever get a pass from me.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just came here to comment on the Pacers and the fact that it's unfortunate that Warren and LeVert have missed so much time, I look at their roster and I really like the group of players they have and I would of liked to see them healthy for a little bit to see if that addition of LeVert would help them but will have to wait until next season I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.