[Game] Kings vs. Pistons, 4/8/2021, 7pm PST 10pm EST

That might be my choice for most disheartening game of the season.

And that's really saying something.
That's called Luke Walton with practice time ready and available. I don't think we've ever seen improvement when they've had time to work on things. Then again, the only thing he did was sub in Harkless over Tyrese which is as uninventive as you can get really and totally expected when you know who you're dealing with.

Even if Monte doesn't want to fire Walton, he has to. Or this will start to be part of his own legacy and not a holdover from Vlade.
He's already behind the 8 ball. Monte was behind it months ago when he could have used that to potentially create a sustainable spark prior to Walton busting out 40 mpg nights on the regular as Fox and crew got burned out. We are now seeing the fallout of those 7 man rotations.

That's called Luke Walton with practice time ready and available. I don't think we've ever seen improvement when they've had time to work on things. Then again, the only thing he did was sub in Harkless over Tyrese which is as uninventive as you can get really and totally expected when you know who you're dealing with.
I'll be honest I bleach a lot of things out of my mind this season but it actually seems like when we get some rest and presumably some time to practice we get worse. Am I wrong? Conversely we get hot right when I expect that everything has gone to hell.

Kings have 3 games left against OKC. OKC is playing their G league team with all starters from the first half on the bench “injured”. With those three wins that puts us 5 games up in the win column from the group sitting at 32.

I’m guessing we finish in the 9-11 lottery spot.

The way I see it is we need to fall about 3 places to have the best shot at realistically moving up but staying in the top 6-7. I wouldn't put it past this team to do just that. One thing we've seen is this team plays to the level of their competition.

But it's still a crap shoot and sometimes you lose a spot and wind up missing out on the player that could remake your team and other times the 9th team wins a lotto spot. I don't think this is worth losing sleep over.

This game was hilarious in a painfully obvious way. There's no way in hell we are making the 10th seed... Please Vivek, in the name of all things holy, recognize this, and give the order to throw in the towel asap. Please, stop the madness. You can't keep trying to outsmart the basketball gods.

If you don't step up, our front office is gonna keep pushing for worthless wins, that at this point, nobody, nowhere, nohow, is ever gonna remember (not even by them, as they move on to their next job). Tell them to play the youth more minutes, and anyone who is gonna be our future. Let the chips fall where they may. Look towards this draft, develop and pray. Stop fighting it, and head towards the light.

This 10th seed play-in is a marketing scheme for desperate fans and nba ratings. If we do fumble our way in, it will always have a playoff asterisk. It's pathetic charity. Who cares, we'll be fodder, immediately get bounced, laughed at, and our future is going nowhere once again.

PLEASE VIVEK, THROW IN THE TOWEL NOW! Smarten up before we go thru this again next year, and the next, the next, the next........

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I totally disagree. He hasn't improved since his rookie season except for a few percentage points on FTs, everything else looks almost identical. He looked better at the start of the year, but it just hasn't been good for the past couple months. I'd love to hear what you like about a wing that can't shoot and turns the ball over a couple times per game. Potential?
The fact he’s not on the Kings

This was legit my favorite game of the season wahahhaa. De'Aaron Fox is not leading this team to a deep playoff run - book it. Will be happy to be wrong.

This team is basically a somewhat more talented version of the Tyreke teams, where our offense consists of taking turns to go 1-on-1. So predictable every game - Fox starts the game taking a step back 3, Buddy chucks, Richaun gets a few buckets here and there, we fall behind big. Buddy hits two 3s in a row then tries to shoot us back in but goes cold. Fox decides it's his turn sometime in the 3rd or 4th and goes for a stretch just driving to the rim, gets 10 points in the process but freezes everyone else out while giving up at least two transition baskets to the other team off turnovers or missed layups. We get down by 10 or more in the 4th and then HB decides to join the party. With 2 minutes left and down double digits Fox starts giving the ball to Hield to jack up desperation 3s inflating his attempts, and the game ends.

Honestly if I'm the opposing defense, my game plan is just to let Fox score and not pass the ball at all. Let him take as many step back 3s as he wants, send him to the FT line 20 times. Doesn't matter, nobody else is going to get easy looks and this team ain't winning.

Last edited:
hope this was worth 8th or 9th pick

what are the chances for vivek to step down into a minority owners pool, or selling his share, or whatsoever?
if we want anything to change, we need to begin from the very top. playoffs push was his idea, i wouldn't blame monte on this occasion

you think he learned his lessons in past 8 years?

there is a long way from keeping one player on offense the entire time, creating a 4-on-5 defence on the other end, to understanding what kind of strategy is required to make the 8th seed in western conference.

what are the chances for vivek to step down into a minority owners pool, or selling his share, or whatsoever?
if we want anything to change, we need to begin from the very top. playoffs push was his idea, i wouldn't blame monte on this occasion

there is a long way from keeping one player on offense the entire time, creating a 4-on-5 defence on the other end, to understanding what kind of strategy is required to make the 8th seed in western conference.
0% chance. I think Vivek has super voting rights that doesn't correlate with ownership percent.

This team will start winning when Haliburton is the primary facilitator during crunch time and Buddy is no longer on the team. The average margin for error each game is like within 5 points. That's two possessions. You can't have Buddy doing Buddy things. And Fox, who has def taken a few steps, doesn't have the killer efficiency that Hali has. Would prefer Fox playing off the ball more during crunch time.

0% chance. I think Vivek has super voting rights that doesn't correlate with ownership percent.
What voting rights. Dictatorship is the more appropriate description. The money was to be made outside the stadium. Who could have foreseen the imbecile he would be with controlling interest which ultimately will effect what happens outside the arena. That part of the organization had been knocking it out of the park until Covid hit.

I agree the play-off push came from Vivek but Monte doesn’t get off Scott-free. As head of basketball operations, it’s his job to paint a realistic picture for Vivek and clearly he failed to do so.

It’s a fair point to ask if anyone could but clearly Monte has either 1) failed at a critical aspect of his job in painting an accurate picture for Vivek or 2) Monte’s judgement is poor if Monte did indeed make the call. Either scenario is not positive for organizational success.

This team will start winning when Haliburton is the primary facilitator during crunch time and Buddy is no longer on the team. The average margin for error each game is like within 5 points. That's two possessions. You can't have Buddy doing Buddy things. And Fox, who has def taken a few steps, doesn't have the killer efficiency that Hali has. Would prefer Fox playing off the ball more during crunch time.
I agree the team will be better but I don’t see us having the front court to win.... unless for some reason Bagley magically starts getting better.