Marvin Bagley breaks hand again

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really? ****. Well, that about nips that one. I figured Walton would have ground Fox to dust first. Typical Kings luck it's the often injured player not even getting starters minutes.
And in true Luke fashion, he plays Bagley too many minutes for the first time ever as he waited to take him out until the very end of the second quarter despite him hurting his hand sometime around the mid-quarter mark

And in true Luke fashion, he plays Bagley too many minutes for the first time ever as he waited to take him out until the very end of the second quarter despite him hurting his hand sometime around the mid-quarter mark
You're right, I didn't think about that. He might not have wanted to come out but this is the fate Monte suffers for allowing what we've seen lately with Walton grinding guys to powder. It's going to eventually hit you. Hopefully he didn't exacerbate it because Monte ignoring it now is nearly criminal. When Fox goes down with something dumb McNair can go with Luke when he does.

At the same time, I’m oddly relieved that his hands are brittle as opposed to his leg ligaments.
It's just freak stuff. He's definitely starting to look like he's going through a Marcus Camby type of deal. He eventually came out on the other side of it so there's hope but he's getting the glass moniker for sure.

very unfortunate that it turns out that Marvin is simply a injury prone bust at this point until he proves otherwise
This is why playing him starters minutes would have been wise. They ain't winning anyway and his injuries aren't from him wearing down or chronic. They're just eventual. They needed to get those numbers up and sell high if that's the idea which apparently seems wasn't out of the question prior to this.

He’s been playing better and better as the year’s gone on and literally just turned 22. I realize he’ll never escape the Luka conversation but he’s not exactly a bust.
Not even close. He’s a starter on a good amount of teams and a solid rotation guy on the more competitive teams. He’s athleticism and rebounding will keep him in the league for years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is why playing him starters minutes would have been wise. They ain't winning anyway and his injuries aren't from him wearing down or chronic. They're just eventual. They needed to get those numbers up and sell high if that's the idea which apparently seems wasn't out of the question prior to this.
I have no reason to believe that Marvin was being shopped by the Kings. I think McNair wanted to give him some time to blossom with Hali and Fox before shipping him out and another potential season ending injury or him missing extended time won't garner much value around the league.