Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The comment that is super interesting is the "unless a complete nose dive" happens or whatever it was. What the **** do they think has gone on at two entirely different points this season already? haha. To me they are just trying to control the narrative. Play both sides. "I can't really do it because of this" but if this or this happens in a vague way then expect it. On the surface it sounds like if he messes up then it's on him. Vivek is legit concerned about the PR of this. Dude lives in a bubble. Who cares, grow a pair and get your hands dirty. The deadline tells the story. Do they unload contracts to reset? Do they basically sit on it and see if they can make a run? Then if Walton fails make the change for a jump start to bust out late into the playoff race? That tag line comment certainly sounds like the latter.
I think they mean another player revolt.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Which means what, right? Does Bagleys dad have to show up personally this time? hahaha.
As long as it doesn't rub off on Fox or Hali that's the real danger. Bjelica will be gone soon. *fingers crossed* and maybe Buddy? to be fair he seems like he is working hard right now too.

I’m intrigued by Charles Lee as a potential replacement if/when Luke gets canned. He’s young but has been an assistant under Budenholzer for 6 years and is thought of in high regard. I like Udoka too but not too sure about him wanting to come here

I’m intrigued by Charles Lee as a potential replacement if/when Luke gets canned. He’s young but has been an assistant under Budenholzer for 6 years and is thought of in high regard. I like Udoka too but not too sure about him wanting to come here
I really like the Popovich coaching tree. I'm surprised Udoka hasn't gotten his shot as a HC yet. I'd add Becky Hammon and Will Hardy to that list. Hardy might be a bit too young, he's only 32/33, but has served 5 years as an assistant coach, and 11 total years with the organization.

Given our short history of many coaching changes, I am beginning to doubt that McNair will fire Walton during the season. That would mean putting in an interim headcoach and then hiring another coach during the offseason. Why do 2 coaching changes when you could just ride out the season and fire Walton when we miss the playoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:
After Bagleys injury, is Luke going to increase Barnes' and Holmes' minutes from 40 to 45? Will our rotation be 8 or 7 players? Does our "soft tank" mean playing the starters absolutely maximum amount of minutes?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
After Bagleys injury, is Luke going to increase Barnes' and Holmes' minutes from 40 to 45? Will our rotation be 8 or 7 players? Does our "soft tank" mean playing the starters absolutely maximum amount of minutes?
I expect that's what's going to happen, or something like it. Luke seems more likely to tighten the rotation than to incorporate a player who's currently out of the rotation. Speaking of, does anyone know when/if Whiteside will be active again? He seems in line to be the primary minutes beneficiary whenever he's active again. At some point we're going to fall so far behind that a front office mandate to play the kids will probably come down though. Maybe in a month?

I expect that's what's going to happen, or something like it. Luke seems more likely to tighten the rotation than to incorporate a player who's currently out of the rotation. Speaking of, does anyone know when/if Whiteside will be active again? He seems in line to be the primary minutes beneficiary whenever he's active again. At some point we're going to fall so far behind that a front office mandate to play the kids will probably come down though. Maybe in a month?
I'd rather have Vivek as a coach for the rest of the season than Walton playing 7-8man rotations with huge minutes for the starters trying desperately to get any win possible

How could a team be this lifeless on the heels of a trade deadline where they worked to improve the roster for the short term?

Every system is perfectly designed to get the results it gets.
I would say Vivek wants Monte to improve the team but Monte tried not to do stupid things. I think we still look for next draft to add a important piece. I hope Monte bring in his own guy to coach the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.