[Game] Kings vs. Hornets 2/28/21, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

That was effort I didn't expect to see. Then you have tinker fest for stretches from the worst coach in the game. At least Tanksey was clearly trying to go for the loss. These are the same compounded in game decisions we've seen all year.
I was just back on board for winning games after noticing the Hornets jumped up like 5 spots in the lottery last year making tanking almost pointless . First game back caring this is what happens...cant make this ish up

Rotations are waaaay too tight!
Only one Kings player scored off the bench, ONE.
The issue isn't really that they are tight per se, and injuries are playing a part, but it's what it's always been, he doesn't stagger lineups. He'll platoon in imbalanced lineups and let the the other team eat away at a lead or get the Kings down in a hole. I don't know how as a coach you can't look at someone like Rick Adelman and figure out how to stagger your subs so you aren't running at a loss for huge chunks of the game. The 5 man stats since Walton came aboard back this up. He'll have 1 or 2 plus lineups and then filter in total crap around it. In different variations depending on the day too.

It's funny that you think this is how defense works. Bagley wasn't even matched up on PJ for most of the game, who played a ton of C
They were the only two bigs on the floor for long stretches, so yeah he was.

Don't use the word "matched" it implies there was some form of competition.

I was just back on board for winning games after noticing the Hornets jumped up like 5 spots in the lottery last year making tanking almost pointless . First game back caring this is what happens...cant make this ish up
They've gone from hope in multiple games being dashed to hopes in a quarter being dashed. LOL. This ain't going away Monte. Don't let the operative word in the name McNair be "Air" pal.

And not to crap on Cojo but this isn't even funny at this point. He puts Cojo in a position to save the game defensively and it's costs them the freaking game. He puts Buddy on the line with one ankle. He didn't even really push off on his shots. I can't bag him on the Buddy thing and Buddy just standing there in what I'm sure was agony is kudos to him and I'm sure Buddy was begging to get in but man, Cojo on the ball? Really? ....

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They were the only two bigs on the floor for long stretches, so yeah he was.

Don't use the word "matched" it implies there was some form of competition.
They weren’t though. Luke always had some combination of Holmes/Bagley/Bjelica/Barnes out there in two-big lineups. But apparently Holmes and Bjelica are completely inculpable in regards to Washington dropping a billion points.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Rotations are waaaay too tight!
Only one Kings player scored off the bench, ONE.
With Haliburton and Whiteside both inactive we have no bench. Bjelica gave us some nice minutes but the other 5 guys suited up tonight have done nothing this season to warrant surprise when they're entirely ineffective. I don't usually pay attention to +/- but CoJo racking up a -20 score in 16 minutes is just adding fuel to that Kingsfan scapegoat fire. We have two games next week and then a week off so playing the starters big minutes was somewhat justified if you're a coach trying to win to save your job.