Norvel Pelle

a "young" 28 has he came into the NBA at 26. Was somewhat in the Sixers rotation last year for a limited stretch.

Have to think this is related to Whiteside/Bjelica going somewhere though and he can bridge the gap to the all-star break where Metu can get healthy.

a "young" 28 has he came into the NBA at 26. Was somewhat in the Sixers rotation last year for a limited stretch.

Have to think this is related to Whiteside/Bjelica going somewhere though and he can bridge the gap to the all-star break where Metu can get healthy.
All I know is I watched their game against the Spurs & he was blocking shots left & right. All I could think was, who is this guy?

Last edited:
We love mediocre bigs that can block shots and can't shoot. Can't wait for the supermax thread
Historically we have been allergic to shot-blockers. I for one am happy to see us value them to some degree.

In any case this is hardly the move to get narky about. 10 day contract to fill the gap left by Whiteside. No downside, might be a pleasant surprise.

Don't know anything about him but physically he is a force. If he plays well he could be a replacement for Holmes if we trade him or don't resign him.

There are different types of players who can't shoot. Those who don't realize it & shoot a bunch of shots anyways, or those who play within themselves & take what the defense gives them. In the GLeague, he is averaging 10pts on 66.7% shooting.

Isn't that because he is only a dunker and can't shoot? I guess it's good he realizes it?

Edit: forgot which post I was responding to

Last edited:
Historically we have been allergic to shot-blockers. I for one am happy to see us value them to some degree.

In any case this is hardly the move to get narky about. 10 day contract to fill the gap left by Whiteside. No downside, might be a pleasant surprise.

Don't know anything about him but physically he is a force. If he plays well he could be a replacement for Holmes if we trade him or don't resign him.
Hey I have no problems with Pelle at all, or the signing. But we have a penchant for loving these types of bigs. See from recent seasons: Mika, Len, Metu. I still remember getting hyped for Eric Moreland. Maybe it all started with Dwayne Schnitzius and Mike Peplowski?

I'm not narky about the move, just poking fun at our love for these types of bigs and our boundless hope for them shooting to the moon.

Last edited:
Hey I have no problems with Pelle at all, or the signing. But we have a penchant for loving these types of bigs. See from recent seasons: Mika, Len, Metu. I still remember getting hyped for Eric Moreland. Maybe it all started with Dwayne Schnitzius and Mike Peplowski?

I'm not narky about the move, just poking fun at our love for these types of bigs and our boundless hope for them shooting to the moon.
You're absolutely right. We love our limited talent, hustle bigs. Mike Peplowski, Michael "The Animal" Smith. Somewhere around there is where it started.

Or maybe it was Pervis Ellison or a washed up Ralph Sampson that sealed the fate on our dislike of the traditional big man as a fan base.

That's fair, I think I misinterpreted it a little.

What about the OG great hope, Justin Williams? I remember how desperately we all wanted him to get some minutes back in the day. Good times!

Is he a place holder until we can get Metu back and healthy or does he have a chance to stick?
Whiteside won't be back next year, and it's not gauranteed that Holmes will be back either. So it's possible. My impression from how McNair has operated so far is that he believes he can find this type of big whenever he wants. Being that Norvel would come cheap increases his chances.

Isn't that because he is only a dunker and can't shoot? I guess it's good he realizes it?

Edit: forgot which post I was responding to
I honestly don't know enough about his game to say all he does is dunk. He caught my attention a few days ago because he kept blocking shots against the Spurs GLeague team (got Woodard a couple times). He made me take notice. I know he hit a couple jumpers that game, but don't know what his range is. It will be fun to find out.

I think it’s a bit premature to talk about him as a possible replacement for Holmes. Holmes is the only Kings who lays it all out there and gives 110% every game. But, yeah, I’m all for giving the Pelinator a shot.

You're absolutely right. We love our limited talent, hustle bigs. Mike Peplowski, Michael "The Animal" Smith. Somewhere around there is where it started.

Or maybe it was Pervis Ellison or a washed up Ralph Sampson that sealed the fate on our dislike of the traditional big man as a fan base.
I think you’re right that it started with Peplowski and Michael Smith. Even Yogi Stewart. All huge underdogs. But I don’t remember anyone being excited about Sampson. He had the mobility of a shipping container.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
My question is, how much crap will Pella take? While there may be a temporary opening for a big on the roster the them has a long term need for a big who will not play soft and stand up when other teams bully the Kings. It has become painfully clear that all the teams in the league are aware that if they get physical with the Kings it works. Whiteside has become the league punching bag, Valanciunas literally broke Metu's arm with no consequences, and last night Holmes literally got punched in the face with no call. I would love to see the Kings sign a guy who will stand up for his teammates when the game gets chippy.