[Game] Kings vs. Magic, 2/12/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings doing everything in their power to boost Vuc’s trade value because they want to Celtics to trade for him instead of Harrison is a prime example of how well liked Black Falcon is by his team.

This game was bs. Either the players or coach took this game too lightly and got beat. The turnovers, the matchups, the defense. All of it was crap.

I know this only 1 game but makes me wonder if it's enough having a bunch of beta role players around deaaron. he needs another star.

This is the type of game that barnes our supposed most consistent player should take over when things started going badly. He doesn't have IT. None of them do. Only fox.

I get the whole team ball but at the end of the day stars run this league.

Orrrrrr walton just sucks.
Walton has proven his worth as a players, cheerleader on the sidelines coach. As a system coach he's terrible. He's always been terrible. As a person who you rely on to rotate players and rotations effectively when necessary he's awful. As long as he has that superstar and uses the tools he's got at the right time he's going to be OK for the Kings as is. But the issue with him is we've seen the reverting before. As long as he stays out of De'Aarons way it's manageable.

The good- DQJ is really good at defense and he can really help us this year. Offense looked rusty but to be expected
Belly-high IQ that either helps us make the playoffs or helps us in next year's draft
Had an Opportunity to see future Kings big man Nikola Vucevic :cool:

The bad-Kings played down to their competition
Team fired up the historically bad defense from a few weeks back and had her runnin' real naice.

Also the game was snoozworthy.

And the Kings without De’Aaron are terrible. Hell, the Kings without De’Aaron playing at a superstar level are probably topped out at “Bad.”
It was always superstar carrying, we all knew that, but the Kings have legit talent on the squad. They got caught by a team that normally doesn't play small but is well equipped to do so with size on the wing the Kings can't match up with. Outside of DaQuan of course. Thank goodness he's back. He'll help big time. Yeah, the Kings rely on Fox but again, that's no excuse to allow a team so undermanned to take you out of a style of ball you were succeeding with.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It was always superstar carrying, we all knew that, but the Kings have legit talent on the squad. They got caught by a team that normally doesn't play small but is well equipped to do so with size on the wing the Kings can't match up with. Outside of DaQuan of course. Thank goodness he's back. He'll help big time. Yeah, the Kings rely on Fox but again, that's no excuse to allow a team so undermanned to take you out of a style of ball you were succeeding with.
I think the main concern is that the Kings do actually have the pieces to match up with those guys in Barnes/DaQuan/Woodard but Walton refuses to/can’t commit to switching his system up enough to use them.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The good news: DQJ played his first game of the season and looked as good on defense as he did in the bubble.
Bjeli boosted his trade value.
Luke got to see another example of his weird 1990s sets not working with this roster.
The one dude who has CoJo on his fantasy team finally got a good night of production.

the bad: pretty much every thing else.

I know this only 1 game but makes me wonder if it's enough having a bunch of beta role players around deaaron. he needs another star.

This is the type of game that barnes our supposed most consistent player should take over when things started going badly. He doesn't have IT. None of them do. Only fox.

I get the whole team ball but at the end of the day stars run this league.

Orrrrrr walton just sucks.
The later

I told you guys In the (we love Walton thread) that nothing had changed from are streak except fox gettin bit by a spider and getting super powers down the stretch. This coach just doesn't have it. I'd love to eat my words but I won't

I told you guys In the (we love Walton thread) that nothing had changed from are streak except fox gettin bit by a spider and getting super powers down the stretch. This coach just doesn't have it. I'd love to eat my words but I won't
And we have talent! I don't wanna here we don't have superstars. Only a few teams have multiple super stars. Buddy Bagley Barnes are legit starters on any team. We just lost to Orlando's cheerleaders

CoJo apparently gonna get more minutes than Tyrese tonight.
That stood out to me as well. Laughable is a good way to describe it.

When CoJo and Belly are on the floor for a combined 57 minutes, it’s a recipe for a loss.

I get that Swipa and Bagley were out. But damn. Orlando stinks. And didn’t even have a full squad.

There’s not only no good excuse for Belly‘s defense deficient @$$ to be on the floor so much after not playing for a month, but CoJo getting more minutes than Tyrese Haliburton should land Walton in the NBA‘s version of a mental institution.

I mean, thanks so much for just giving this game away. And for no good reason.

Last edited:
42 pts on 22 shots for Vucevic, including just 3 FTA.

U.G.L.Y.
Vucevic is a very good offensive player most nights. A player I have more respect for than Jokic because he doesn’t bend and break rules near as much. But damn — he ain’t THAT good. Unless gifted a matchup against an undermanned KINGS squad featuring Belly and CoJo that aren’t capable of playing much defense anymore.

It sure showed tonight.