It is difficult to overstate how huge this win is for this team

Going into Basketballerino Commentarino mode.

Wins like this are defining for a young squad. You have an emerging star, a great rookie, a decent set of vets, and you have everyone buying in. You have a tough stretch, but you get through it and come back with a vengeance. You get on a good run of games, but everyone keeps saying "they're winning these now, but they've got real teams like Denver and the Clippers coming up, and they'll lose those." Well the point this team proved to others (and themselves) is that WE are the real team.

We're now on the map. Teams will be gameplanning for us. Now, the next test comes: no one will take us lightly. But rest assured, people are noticing. You go down to LA and take out the Clippers to get over .500 while winning 7 of 8?

I don't want to see one more single thread about tanking for the rest of the year. If you do, no lasagna for you!

GO KINGS!

LLL
VB

Last edited:
We have learned that at the very least we are a competitive squad that should not be among the worse teams in the league. There are some things to consider about this season.

1) we have stayed pretty healthy. Ty missed a couple games and Whiteside was down for awhile but that's pretty much it. We can't expect that to continue all season. Fine tuning our depth is top priority.

2) Our last 3 wins have come against teams with key players out. This happens to all teams so we aren't unique in that respect but worth noting.

3) I said during our losing streak and historically bad defensive effort that it felt like we just ran into a buzz saw. Teams were shooting at insane percentages. Sure some of that was due to our defense but I truly believe we just hit some teams at the wrong time.

4) We still aren't firing on all cylinders. Fox HB and Holmes are arguably playing at the top of their game. Buddy, Cojo, Bagley and Haliburton have a real chance of improving their performances as the season progresses.

5) Belly, Parker, Jefferies and or a new addition might find themselves in our rotation if we continue to play at a playoff level. I still anticipate we trade Nemanja, but if we can't get anything of value we could probably use him in spot minutes. Parker at the very least could provide us with 10 minutes of offense.

We have learned that at the very least we are a competitive squad that should not be among the worse teams in the league. There are some things to consider about this season.

1) we have stayed pretty healthy. Ty missed a couple games and Whiteside was down for awhile but that's pretty much it. We can't expect that to continue all season. Fine tuning our depth is top priority.

2) Our last 3 wins have come against teams with key players out. This happens to all teams so we aren't unique in that respect but worth noting.

3) I said during our losing streak and historically bad defensive effort that it felt like we just ran into a buzz saw. Teams were shooting at insane percentages. Sure some of that was due to our defense but I truly believe we just hit some teams at the wrong time.

4) We still aren't firing on all cylinders. Fox HB and Holmes are arguably playing at the top of their game. Buddy, Cojo, Bagley and Haliburton have a real chance of improving their performances as the season progresses.

5) Belly, Parker, Jefferies and or a new addition might find themselves in our rotation if we continue to play at a playoff level. I still anticipate we trade Nemanja, but if we can't get anything of value we could probably use him in spot minutes. Parker at the very least could provide us with 10 minutes of offense.
I have been thinking of this, but dreading saying it out loud for fear of a jinx :)

If the team has a shot at making the playoffs around the trade deadline, and we are unable to trade any of our expiring, it wouldn't surprise me if we hold on to them, instead of waiving them. If any of the key guys goes out for small stretches (I'm standing on one leg and crossing my fingers as I type this to reverse jinx it), we will need some of these guys to fill in, particularly during this shortened season.

I have been thinking of this, but dreading saying it out loud for fear of a jinx :)

If the team has a shot at making the playoffs around the trade deadline, and we are unable to trade any of our expiring, it wouldn't surprise me if we hold on to them, instead of waiving them. If any of the key guys goes out for small stretches (I'm standing on one leg and crossing my fingers as I type this to reverse jinx it), we will need some of these guys to fill in, particularly during this shortened season.
I knocked on wood and burned some incense just to play it safe.

where are my multi color fonts? Don't slip on me VB.
Not enough pictures of stereotypically large 1920s Italian families sitting around a table with a big pot of Nonna's Marinara. You slippin', Vinny.
Oh... you like ah the sauce ah? Well, Tetsujinerino and PDXerino the sauce you will get!! You are welcome at the Basketballerino house any time. Especially when my noni is making her signature sauce.

Sorry for the delay, needed to simmer. Good things take time, like these Kings! Manga manga manga!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

And since you asked...
(That's me in the plaid shirt)

big-italian-family.jpg

To life, love, and lasagna,

VB

Hi Vinny. I will be living in Rome from this summer onwards for 4 years. I am looking forward to be living back in Italy. The pictures you've sent makes me even more impatient to be there the soonest...
Congrats bubulinerino. You'll have to give us updates with pictures (of food of course). Perhaps it won't be such a dreaded offseason for you at least...

I also felt like this at the time. It seemed like everyone of our opponents saw a hoop that was 3 feet wide for a good 4-5 games. Some of the shots being made on us were actually ridiculous. I really need the 7akers to go through a stretch like we did, but for the remainder of the season. Better yet, until well after I die in around 50-70 years. Yes, I hate them so much that I have derailed a post that originally had nothing to do with them into a full on therapy session.

This, and especially the bolded. It really feels like by the time the season is done, Haliburton will be a consistent 15-20 point scorer getting 30+ minutes. And I do still believe in Bagley and think he just needs to find his place in the offense after so much time off. More of a chemistry thing. Really liking what I'm seeing out of his 3pt shot. I expect that to continue to improve. Need him to be better defensively though.