Swipa Mode and the Clutch Kings

It gives chills thinking how this just feels normal now. This isn’t just a hot streak. DeFo has hit a new level,
Fox is reminding me of Kobe these last few games. Not in how they play, but in what he is doing to other teams. I lost count how many times I would watch the Kings send 2 or 3 players at Kobe in the 4th only to watch him either rise up and hit a tough shot over them or somehow go right through getting to the rim. It would leave me wanting to pull myhair out in frustration. That is what Fox has been doing to other teams during this winning stretch. It is so much more fun to watch when that player is on our team.

ZERO questions here. I remember not long ago i just wanted him to string together 3 great games, and now it’s happening all the time. I pray we stay healthy

I'm *curious* to see how De'Aaron will react the next time he tries to take over but his shots don't fall. Does he keep pressing? Does he again become more of a facilitator? Is that what we want him to do? It's exhilarating to watch him crush the opposition w/17 in the 4th off 7-10 shooting. It'd be somewhat less exciting to see him go 1-9 in crunch time while his quite capable teammates serve as offensive window dressing.

I'm *curious* to see how De'Aaron will react the next time he tries to take over but his shots don't fall. Does he keep pressing? Does he again become more of a facilitator? Is that what we want him to do? It's exhilarating to watch him crush the opposition w/17 in the 4th off 7-10 shooting. It'd be somewhat less exciting to see him go 1-9 in crunch time while his quite capable teammates serve as offensive window dressing.
I think this happened somewhat during the Heat game when he kept driving into a wall and turning it over on multiple possessions.

I think he learned some lessons from that game because he seemed to adjust in subsequent games, but I guess ultimately you live or die with your alpha.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
One encouraging part of De'Aaron's 4th quarter play is that it's largely predicated on attacking the basket. So I think it's much more sustainable than if he were in a hot shooting stretch. If the Kings continue to play well teams will adjust and pack or cheat to the lane which opens up kick out opportunities.

With the team ending games with Barnes, Buddy, and Hali on the wings and Holmes as the lone big I think Fox will adjust too. If Buddy gets his scoring groove back it makes De'Aaron's ability to put pressure on the defense even more valuable.

Last edited: