Tyrese Haliburton

R

Reyes134

That clip leaves me smiling with awe
Reminds me of Doug Christie back in the day. Hustling on d and being part of the glue back in the days. Totally underrated. Hali is just like him. Now if Buddy/HB could get near Peja status and Bagley get near Cwebb level..we could be rolling. Fox=Bibby, Holmes=Vlade (in diff ways). Just missing Bobby J off the bench. They are players/positions that need upgrading.

And this from one of the replies to McDonough's tweet...

Every Sacramento Kings scoring possession in the 4Q tonight against the Nuggets: Haliburton AST Hield, Haliburton 3, Haliburton AST Whiteside, Haliburton 3, Robinson 2, Haliburton FT, Holmes 3, Haliburton 3, Fox 3, Haliburton AST Fox, Haliburton 2, Fox 2, Hield/Fox FTs

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Every Sacramento Kings scoring possession in the 4Q tonight against the Nuggets: Haliburton AST Hield, Haliburton 3, Haliburton AST Whiteside, Haliburton 3, Robinson 2, Haliburton FT, Holmes 3, Haliburton 3, Fox 3, Haliburton AST Fox, Haliburton 2, Fox 2, Hield/Fox FTs
So, this had me questioning whether I was actually paying attention to the game. Holmes hit a three? (No, it's a typo, Holmes hit a two.)

yup it lets Fox be just all about buckets in the 4th since he doesn’t have to facilitate

In circling around the net and youtube, the mainstream consensus seems to be Ball over Haliburton for ROY thus far.

But I gotta ask, by what basis?

Hali’s made a larger impact on his team.

The KINGS are over .500. Charlotte is not.
The KINGS play in the far more loaded West, too.

The KINGS 12-11 record would place them 5th in the weaker East. Ahead of Charlotte. And they’d probably be even higher than that considering their 6-2 record against the East.

If comparing stats, they are fairly similar. Ball has slightly higher averages in ppg, reb, and ast but Haliburton has superior all-around shooting efficiency numbers and is the superior defender.

That last point being quite important. The masses seem to forget about the other end of the court.

Hali is the better all-around player right now. It’s really not even all that close. That may change in time. Who knows. But as of right now, it’s the truth.

When you look at team success, impact on that team success, and production on both ends of the floor — I really don’t see a valid argument for Ball over Hali at this point in time.

”Ball” has better last name recognition among the mainstream media. That’s the real reason the sheep are saying what they’re saying. That, and they are only looking at boxscores and stat summaries. Very few of them likely are aware of the differences on the defensive end.

Then there are the clutch plays during the final minutes of games too. Hali has more of those as well.

In circling around the net and youtube, the mainstream consensus seems to be Ball over Haliburton for ROY thus far.

The KINGS 12-11 record would place them 5th in the weaker East. Ahead of Charlotte. And they’d probably be even higher than that considering their 6-2 record against the East.

If comparing stats, they are fairly similar. Ball has slightly higher averages in ppg, reb, and ast but Haliburton has superior all-around shooting efficiency numbers and is the superior defender.

That last point being quite important. The masses seem to forget about the other end of the court.

Hali is the better all-around player right now. It’s really not even all that close. That may change in time. Who knows. But as of right now, it’s the truth.

When you look at team success, impact on that team success, and production on both ends of the floor — I really don’t see a valid argument for Ball over Hali at this point in time.

”Ball” has better last name recognition among the mainstream media. That’s the real reason the sheep are saying what they’re saying. That, and they are only looking at boxscores and stat summaries. Very few of them likely are aware of the differences on the defensive end.

Then there are the clutch plays during the final minutes of games too. Hali has more of those as well.
ROY is almost always about offensive numbers and scoring in particular.

That being said LaMelo Ball is having an amazing rookie season. He's definitely playing better than I expected and if he wins ROY it'll be well deserved.

The Kings got a foundational piece at #12. I'm happy with that.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

he can have it as far as I'm concerned, I'll take the wins instead. everything else will come with it. recognition and respect

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Ball also has the advantage of being really reallly good

Ball also has the advantage of being really reallly good
Cool. So are a lot of the candidates. So were DeMarcus Cousins and Swipa when they were rookies.

However the point is to identify the best player. The one making the most impact.

Ball hasn’t been that player thus far. For all the reasons I’ve already listed.

Which, if true, just shows how flawed and meaningless these awards really are.

Like MVP, it should be best player making the most impact for his team. It’s not supposed the “most popular player” award. That’s what the all star game is for.
Of course it's meaningless. We know that from seeing Tyreke Evans win ROY over Steph Curry.

You can't judge a rookie class for at least 3 years so a snapshot after a single season will be wrong more often than it's right.

I'd rather see a winning Kings team than worry about awards that ultimately don't mean anything.

Just watched the post game conference with Ty. This kid seemed heartbroken from the loss but in a way that made him more confident about what he needs to do to get better. He’s clearly hungry and wants to win. This kid gonna be a somebody in this league.

Also watched Shannon and Skip earlier. They said the Kings are coming, nice lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I get Ball over Ty. He’s also pretty dang good. It’s not smacking down on one to say good things about the other.

But that list is just downright disrespectful.

Ball has a flashier game. Jacking up threes from mid court is seen as more important than winning in the modern NBA game.
I mean... the Hornets have almost the same record as us. Just 2 more losses. It’s not like Ball’s putting up empty stats on the 5-win Pistons.