[Game] Kings vs. Celtics, 2/3/21, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

this team is clearly getting better. 2nd quarter was some of the best defense I’ve seen them play. Fox is becoming a star (hope his hip is ok) and congratz on Ty’s first 20+ point game. Nice win. #Almost.500

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Haliburton jumpshot kinda reminds me of Ball's, or a kid learning basketball - he keeps it pretty low, but it works!
He shoots like the 13 year old that is playing guard that is going to grow 3-4 inches to play center or forward in 1-2 years, maybe we can play him at 3 in 2 or 3 years

Kings 4Q crunch time execution much, much better of late. But last few seconds execution still uneven. Why have Rese inbound the ball very single time? That last few seconds play would have been better to have Holmes passing it to clutch shooter Rese instead of the big mans brick hitting top of the backboard. But in the end didn't matter this time - KINGS WIN!!!
I'm assuming they like Hali's decision making there. You've seen Holmes trying to pass from the top of the key...no thank you for an out of bounds pass.

I think it's a trust issue on the crucial pass-in, and among the 3-pt showers Ty is least able to get his ooff in that circumstance. They figured Richaun wouldn't be challenged and figured he'd do better than that effort. We've heard rumors of RH working on a 3-ball before.
I'm pretty sure the play call wasn't to pass it to Holmes for a 3. Buddy fell down and Holmes was the only one open and he had to launch it because of the clock.

I'm assuming they like Hali's decision making there. You've seen Holmes trying to pass from the top of the key...no thank you for an out of bounds pass.
Then don't even have Holmes in the game and let Barnes inbound. I agree Hali's decision making excellent but isn't only one capable making critical inbound pass. Walton tried to lose the game in closing seconds but Kings behind closer's Fox, Haliburton, Barnes refused to allow it.

I'm not sure how he could have possibly run into block out the shooter in time given how fast he just threw it up. I preferred that he stuck with Jaylen Brown since they needed a 3 to tie. Tell me how you box this out (this it the ball first hitting the rim):

May of been Barnes for not blocking out the shooter probably, I thought Buddy was in that position.

Haliburton is so smart. He's like having another coach on the floor.
There was a play tonight where the Celts missed a corner three and the rebound bounced back toward the shooter and the baseline.

Tyrese was defending near the paint and the charge circle on the other side of the half court. But he quickly anticipated the type of pass the rebounder was going to have to make in order to save the ball from going out of bounds and broke on it like Xavien Howard jumping an out route in the NFL.

When people use the term “high basketball IQ” that play is a great example of what it actually looks like.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it is really helping that Buddy Hield is not fussing about not being the offensive centerpiece. He's playing well and not making trouble I'm so happy to see it.
Buddy doesn't really have any room to complain. He's starting and playing the most mpg of his career. And while his 3P% has come around, he's only shooting 36% on 2pt shots which is why his scoring average is down vs the last two seasons.

The Kings need his ability to stretch the floor but Buddy has seemingly gone from a growing all around scorer to solely a 3pt shooter.

I'm not sure how he could have possibly run into block out the shooter in time given how fast he just threw it up. I preferred that he stuck with Jaylen Brown since they needed a 3 to tie. Tell me how you box this out (this it the ball first hitting the rim):

I don't care about all that. Just make it happen.

- My boss