What's more likely in today's game?

• Zion scores 100

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The Kings play good defense.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'd just like to state for the record that I was on the tank for Cade bandwagon since before the season even began:cool:

Awards
Tony Delk Memorial Award - Terrance Mann. The award is normally reserved for a random dude who plays like a star against the Kings but for this game I went with the guy who got star calls for some reason.

Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Award - Luke Walton.

Cory Joseph/Jason Hart/Andres Nocioni - Cory Joseph. In 15 minutes, CoJo managed to racked up 0 points, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, and 3 fouls. On the plus side, he did get two rebounds and a steal, sooooooooo progress?

WTF Moment of the Game - The entire game.

---
To be entirely honest, I forgot there was a game today and it's five in the morning here in Tokyo so I'm gonna keep this short.

The Pelicans are an... interesting team also playing a throwback "traditional" style with two "bigs" on the floor at once. Stan Van Gundy has taken the Pelicans (and their revamped roster) and turned a good offensive team with horrible defense into an average defensive team that plods down the floor to produce some of the worst offense in the league.

In other words, this is very much a game of incredibly moveable object meets inherently stoppable force.

Lonzo is out (Tyrese Haliburton already putting up better numbers than him by the way) but Bledsoe is playing and usually killed the Kings when he was with the Bucks and Suns. Redick is currently having an even worse shooting year than Buddy (I expect that to change tonight). Despite the Zion hype, Brandon Ingram is the best player on the Pels, having blossomed once free of the corrupting influence of Luke Walton. Steven Adams was their other big acquisition and has given them even more presence in the paint (while also seemingly getting in Zion and Ingrams lanes on every offensive possession).

Win this one for Alvin!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Always like it when the Kings win but if we lose by 30+ again, it is also entertaining to watch the pressure turned up on Walton and see what kind of dumb answers he has during post game

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
After the last game I fully expect them to come out aggressive. We'll see if they can kick that can a little farther. In the end that's still the only game that matters.

I watched Austin effing Rivers play exceptional defense against Jaylen Brown today. If Austin Rivers can body up his man and fight through screens on the perimeter, Fox and Budfy sure as hell can as well.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Lonzo afraid of Fox as usual.
I know that's the joke, but counting his absence today, Ball has only missed 4 of 12 career games against the Kings, and two of those were in the middle of extended injuries. There was one strange game in his first season where he only missed one game and it happened to be the Kings, but other than that, he's showed up against us. (Not sure how many those games Fox played...)