[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 1/15/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

If the Kings still had Yogi Ferrell, Ty would have at least 10 more assists on the season for all the wide open bricks he’s set up for Joseph.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I never understand this logic. They are going to fret over a few million extra to Gentry (if even that) when they will pay Cory Joseph 12 million a year? Or pick up Beli's option at nearly 8? Nah.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So...the Kings currently have the worst DRtg (points allowed per 100 possessions) in NBA history. That's not exactly fair, because teams score more points now with the rise of the three-point shot. But in terms of DRtg relative to league average...we're still the worst in NBA history, going all the way back to 1950 which is when we can first calculate DRtg.

The worst defense.

In NBA history.

In NBA history.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
So...the Kings currently have the worst DRtg (points allowed per 100 possessions) in NBA history. That's not exactly fair, because teams score more points now with the rise of the three-point shot. But in terms of DRtg relative to league average...we're still the worst in NBA history, going all the way back to 1950 which is when we can first calculate DRtg.

The worst defense.

In NBA history.

In NBA history.
I'm liking this comment for the research but to be clear, I do not like this at all! Selling out to defend the paint is oddly ineffective when other teams are shooting 40 threes a game. Go figure!

The worst defense.

In NBA history.

In NBA history.
Wowza! And the Kings are the only team that I've seen specifically commit to defending this way in the last few years. Jeffries being out and Baze being gone does hurt though because their size and switchability mattered and Walton appeared to trust them.

Our Defense has a lot to do with it but it would be nice not to run into a buzz saw every week. We can’t win against teams shooting 60 percent from the field.