[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 1/15/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Bagley having an all around good game thus far.
I mostly agree but he's still getting out-muscled on the boards. With the face up game, the outside jumper, the athleticism, and the agility to move his feet on defense he's oozing potential but he also clearly needs to get a lot stronger and angrier to really make the best of it. He's young though, so there's time to get him there.

Well, the good is that they aren't messing around tonight. They are jamming pnr down the throat of the Clipps and it's working. The bad is that again, over help and open 3's a plenty on defense. There just isn't any way you can survive in the NBA by not switching man to man full stop. Of course he might actually have to play Woodard if they did that so that can't happen, haha.

hrdboild

Staff member
This has actually been a pretty even match up so far. The Clipps have made some runs but so have the Kings. The difference is all those PG and Marcus Morris spot-up threes and the Kings getting real sloppy with the ball once the bench came in. Fox has 4 TO on the box score but I think half of those should have been fouls. He continues to get no respect from the refs. Also Haliburton needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more in the second half.

hrdboild

Staff member
It's probably also worth mentioning (in fairness to Bagley and the comment I made earlier about his lack of rebounds) that even though our entire starting lineup combined for only 9 rebounds in the first half (and 5 of those came from Barnes) it's kind of hard to grab rebounds when both teams are shooting over 50% from the field.

Kennard is the useless shooter people think Buddy is
Haha, pretty much but it should be said Lue is using Kennard worse than Walton used Buddy up until the last few games that they finally let him be the catch and shoot player he is. With Buddy though when he gets in a rhythm as that catch and shoot player his pick and roll game gets in rhythm too.

It's probably also worth mentioning (in fairness to Bagley and the comment I made earlier about his lack of rebounds) that even though our entire starting lineup combined for only 9 rebounds in the first half (and 5 of those came from Barnes) it's kind of hard to grab rebounds when both teams are shooting over 50% from the field.
And one BS thing is they are letting the Kings bigs get pushed in the back on those long 3 ball rebounds. Marvin clearly got fouled a few times.

hrdboild

Staff member
And one BS thing is they are letting the Kings bigs get pushed in the back on those long 3 ball rebounds. Marvin clearly got fouled a few times.
Yeah, that's just the NBA unfortunately. Either he'll need to get stronger so they can't push him around like that or he'll need to hit the deck more and sell it with a well-timed "arrghh!" to make sure the refs know he was grievously harmed. :)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Walton better go small here. They are now doing what most teams do in the 3rd, play way off knowing Bagley and Holmes can't beat you from outside.
He’s either gotta do that or give Marvin a couple of straightline drives/perimeter faceup plays from the perimeter to get the defense to play honest. I doubt Walton does either though