[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 1/15/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I find it odd that the only non-obvious young players Walton has played are both two-way dudes (DQJ and Metu) and not the young draft picks

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Leonard has 2 3s gets fouled at 3 pt line and he gets around Bagley for a layup I’m confused that’s good D by Bagley?
The first three Bagley got hung up on a screen and Kawhi was wide open. That play was bad. But he also stayed in front of Kawhi on the drive and forced a tough shot and generally looks suprisingly up to the task of guarding one of the league's better one on one scorers. He's not a stopper yet or anything, but he looks like he's growing into being a competent defender. Bagley in this game already has a blocked shot, a three, and has done well defending in space on the perimeter. Hyperbole aside, it's exciting to see him growing as a player.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Leonard has 2 3s gets fouled at 3 pt line and he gets around Bagley for a layup I’m confused that’s good D by Bagley?
Well, Leonard only has one three. And that layup (post move, really) was after Bagley stayed with him for about 10 seconds.

Watching the game, his defense was quite good outside of two mistakes, one on dipping too far into the paint, and the foul trying to get through the screen.