VLADE!!

Broke: Vlade passing on Luka was a horrible decision

Woke: Vlade passed on Luka because he knew Tyrese Haliburton would available in the 2020 draft and he is secretly the best GM ever.
OK. I'm going to put this out there.

Haliburton is the "better shooting, less ball dominating, better decision making, less flashy" version of Luka that the Kings desperately needed alongside Fox. Basically, Haliburton is a more "under control" version of Luka. Haliburton has the same "Luka court vision" without having the desire to dominate the ball and take needless risks. ;)

Haliburton is the "better shooting, less ball dominating, better decision making, less flashy" version of Luka that the Kings desperately needed alongside Fox. Basically, Haliburton is a more "under control" version of Luka. Haliburton has the same "Luka court vision" without having the desire to dominate the ball and take needless risks. ;)
I recognize the sarcastic, yet also partially true undertones.

A couple things are for sure. Hali is less ball dominant. And already a better defender. So there’s that.

Citing a couple former KINGS, he’s Doug Christie meets Reggie Theus. Until I can think of a better comp.

Last edited:
Vlade definitely deserves credit for his contributions to this team and he doesn’t deserve criticism for the speculation about Bogdan and Haliburton. I was happy with Vlade in the GM job. I like Monte. He was a good hire IMO. Team has played some great basketball so far. Keep on going Kings!
Right I guess we just assume vlade would match even if bogi told him not too and the Haliburton pick is just comedy.
Listening to windhorst podcast and they’re talking about Haliburton. They said he like the kings cause of pace and play and his agent is close to Luke what changes that with vlade here

Ya no no he’s not

I made peace with the Luka thing a few days after the season started my biggest issue will always be that we could have done what ATL did and still gotten Bagley or JJJ with the 5th pick. Maybe we do that deal with Memphis instead and get the #2 overall in 2019? Who knows. We got the most "project" of the top 5 picks at 2 which leads me to believe no matter how we valued Luka and Bagley we still blew an opportunity.

I made peace with the Luka thing a few days after the season started my biggest issue will always be that we could have done what ATL did and still gotten Bagley or JJJ with the 5th pick. Maybe we do that deal with Memphis instead and get the #2 overall in 2019? Who knows. We got the most "project" of the top 5 picks at 2 which leads me to believe no matter how we valued Luka and Bagley we still blew an opportunity.
I feel it is a stupid waste of time lamenting on decisions you made with the gift of hindsight in the rearview mirror.

Especially when you’ve done the homework and tried to make the best decision possible. And the decision was an “either or” type situation.

What makes it tough to stomach in this situation was that the overwhelming majority knew #77 was a top 2 player and easily could go #1. Pretty much nobody had Bagley above 5 or 6. Except, of course, the genius that made the decision for the KINGS.

In short, it wasn’t a close “either or” situation. It was a decision most felt was a braindead decision well before either player ever hit the NBA court. And has since been proven as such.

That all said, it’s still pointless to dwell on that which cannot be changed. Let’s just all hope that karma has blessed the KINGS with a similar type of star player in Tyrese Haliburton.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I fell out of love with this team from the second he traded DMC. Good riddance forever. It’s nice to root for them for real again instead of begrudgingly at best and straight up hoping for failure at worst.

I feel it is a stupid waste of time lamenting on decisions you made with the gift of hindsight in the rearview mirror.

Especially when you’ve done the homework and tried to make the best decision possible. And the decision was an “either or” type situation.

What makes it tough to stomach in this situation was that the overwhelming majority knew #77 was a top 2 player and easily could go #1. Pretty much nobody had Bagley above 5 or 6. Except, of course, the genius that made the decision for the KINGS.

In short, it wasn’t a close “either or” situation. It was a decision most felt was a braindead decision well before either player ever hit the NBA court. And has since been proven as such.

That all said, it’s still pointless to dwell on that which cannot be changed. Let’s just all hope that karma has blessed the KINGS with a similar type of star player in Tyrese Haliburton.
I do feel confident that ultimately Bagley proves worthy of a top 5 pick but it just seemed like such a gift. Anyhow, if it was one mistake so be it. There were multitudes. And like I said in an earlier post I am not confident that Vlade would have handled this offseason as well as Monte did. I actually think we may have gotten off the treadmill of suckitude thanks to one under-expectation season without needing to nuke the good parts of the core.

I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter of ATL game last night and Bogi did nothing special. Notably missed a chance to tie in the final moment but they were probably bound to lose either way. I am not going to be as nasty to Bogs as some but I think we dodged a bullet in declining to match.

One would have to make a conscious effort to spend years lamenting missing on something that was never your choice to make. Some self punishment type stuff.

So yeah, dwelling on it is a waste of energy.

I do feel confident that ultimately Bagley proves worthy of a top 5 pick but it just seemed like such a gift. Anyhow, if it was one mistake so be it. There were multitudes. And like I said in an earlier post I am not confident that Vlade would have handled this offseason as well as Monte did. I actually think we may have gotten off the treadmill of suckitude thanks to one under-expectation season without needing to nuke the good parts of the core.

I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter of ATL game last night and Bogi did nothing special. Notably missed a chance to tie in the final moment but they were probably bound to lose either way. I am not going to be as nasty to Bogs as some but I think we dodged a bullet in declining to match.
Mostly watching Phoenix now and half watching the Kings but this post is classic dumb.

Bogi:
TS%: 62.1. Asst/turnover: 2.0. PIE: 12.6
Defensive Rating: 111.6

Buddy:
TS%: 53.7. Asst/Turnover: 1.56. PIE: 6.2. Defensive Rating: 112.2

Buddy and Bagley are both likely the least intelligent pair of players in the NBA. Surrounding a high IQ player like Hali with those two likely insures the Kings return to the lottery. In that respect, you might be correct. 14068BA5-4F38-40B9-8B2F-7FF106C37B7D.jpeg

Same all, same all. You trow rocks on Vlade, but point is we had 20 games like this in last year, only now we won to like that and last year we lost 15. This is just Vlade theam from last year, and this is all his credit. This team is good and will be good in years to come but guys have a little patence and dont blame coach, players, and stuff just relax and enjoy Kings.

Same all, same all. You trow rocks on Vlade, but point is we had 20 games like this in last year, only now we won to like that and last year we lost 15. This is just Vlade theam from last year, and this is all his credit. This team is good and will be good in years to come but guys have a little patence and dont blame coach, players, and stuff just relax and enjoy Kings.
Spellchecker next time perhaps

Llade will always been haunted by not drafting Luka lol. This is especially devastating since he knows European players probably better than most GMs. I thought he would select Luka for sure, but it sucks that Luka turn out to be great.

Getting the best players possible is the goal. Charles Barkley having never won a title does not mean the Sixers should have drafted Otis Thorpe because he ended up winning a title with the Rockets.
I know, just trying to make myself feel better about being stuck with bagley. It wont be such a tragedy if luka ends up with 0 rings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Llade will always been haunted by not drafting Luka lol. This is especially devastating since he knows European players probably better than most GMs. I thought he would select Luka for sure, but it sucks that Luka turn out to be great.
His Quixotic obsession with trying to sign Mario Hezonja and passing on the best player to come out of Europe since Giannis would indicate otherwise.