[Game] Kings vs. Nuggets, 12/29/20, 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good balance.

Nearly all the starters scored double figures in that half and good bench production.

Nice 14 point quarter for Bags. Holmes also seems to be finding his groove and looking more fluid with the lineup

Triple threat players gonna triple threat.
“If he’s healthy, to me, he’s along the lines of Giannis. Because he can handle the ball, he can shoot–he’s a better shooter than Giannis. He has right-shoulder, left-shoulder moves, he runs the floor extremely well, he jumps really high, he really is a generational talent.”

Denver is a strange entity this year. Jokic is refusing to shoot wide open 3's. They play slow, plodding, old school big ball. So far the Kings match up well. They have to win this one. This way if the small ballers start railroading them in consecutive games there's a cushion there for an eventual adjustment.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sac. 58% from floor and 11-16 from 3......also winning the FT battle with 13-15
Den. 60% from the floor and 5-12 from 3.......only 5-8 from the line

Gotta love this pace and energy from the Kings, both in re their game and the Nugz on night 2 of a B2B. In light of the pace, the 8 Kings turnovers aren't bad - 2 less than the Nuggets. 19:8 assists: TO ratio. That's good.

While the Kings still aren’t really pushing the tempo as much as I would like, Bagley hitting from the perimeter has at least made this lineup difficult for the Nuggets to defend
Yeah. And his driving ability is keeping them honest. I'm sure they'll adjust back to him and force him to pass but pick and roll is their friend. As for pace I think this team is going to have to be one that develops a legit half court game with the lineups they are running. Walton is prioritizing defense and play making over shooting so it makes sense.

Great first half 12 pt lead. No 3rd Q let down. Keep it up. GO KINGS!!

Tyrese Haliburton needs cool nickname. In the pre-game said Magic Johnson called him "Little Magic" but too early for that kind of praise for sure.
Then "0" said usually just Ty or Rese. I do like Rese as it sounds unique but something more cool. How about The Cyclone or TyClone. Year Zero worth price of admission 2020-21 as they say with such high level all round basketball play for our ROY candidate.

I'm not about to declare this half the new and permanent incarnation of Marvin Bagley, but it was a nice half.
Very nice shooting half and nice defensive effort and energy. Only 1 board, but that's an outlier. My biggest concern: he's a gunner. Worried that he'll keep chucking even if they stop falling.

Very nice shooting half and nice defensive effort and energy. Only 1 board, but that's an outlier. My biggest concern: he's a gunner. Worried that he'll keep chucking even if they stop falling.
He's young so it's possible, but at the end of the day your stars taking shots is probably always better than a lesser talent and shooter doing so. That's what coaching is for though. I still don't know why Malone hasn't adjusted his defense but he's always been pretty stubborn, if they do adjust then Walton just has to make sure their lack of shooting ability at PF/C isn't allowed to become a detriment to Fox who then can't set up his bigs.

Denver is a strange entity this year. Jokic is refusing to shoot wide open 3's. They play slow, plodding, old school big ball. So far the Kings match up well. They have to win this one. This way if the small ballers start railroading them in consecutive games there's a cushion there for an eventual adjustment.
Losing Plumlee and Grant was huge. They’ll still be very good but I don’t see how they don’t regress losing those guys without really replacing at least one of them. Maybe they considered MPJr stepping in as filling the void, but he doesn’t really bring what they brought. It feels like Jokic is their only big with Millsap being over the hill and Hartenstien being a can.

We really have something. With Bagley bulked up a little, Haliburton immediately playing nice, Whiteside coming off the bench, Fox becoming who he will be; everybody, even pieces we already had are playing better because each player is taking pressure off each other. Players don't have excess responsibility. This could be the year we've been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.