[Game] Preseason Game 1: Kings @ Blazers 12/11/2020 7:30pst,10:30est

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know losing who hurts me more... guy in my avatar or the Slovenian phenom. I'll always respect Vlade the player but I'm probably going to take my hatred for Vlade the GM to my grave.
Vlade did a lot for Harry. He drafted him when 19 other GMs would not. He gave him resources to rehab his knees. He gave him an NBA home. Yes, they did not pick up his option, but I think if Vlade was the GM they would have signed Harry on the min out of investment/attachment. The new regime did not have the same attachements to Harry.

Vlade did a lot for Harry. He drafted him when 19 other GMs would not. He gave him resources to rehab his knees. He gave him an NBA home. Yes, they did not pick up his option, but I think if Vlade was the GM they would have signed Harry on the min out of investment/attachment. The new regime did not have the same attachements to Harry.
You realize the Kings had no control on whether or not to resign Harry right? He was a UFA

We have no indication whether he offered a contract or not. My assumption is Giles left because he felt slighted by the organization and wanted to bet on himself with a new team. That's far more likely than assuming we didn't offer more than the min for Giles.
I think McNair did not offer him a contract because he doesn't think Giles' style match his ideology, seems to be that McNair wants his big man to be good defensively first and being able to shoot second. But that's just my guess.

We have no indication whether he offered a contract or not. My assumption is Giles left because he felt slighted by the organization and wanted to bet on himself with a new team. That's far more likely than assuming we didn't offer more than the min for Giles.
I think the opposite. This organization did a lot for him and he would have stayed if he got offered same deal.

I think McNair did not offer him a contract because he doesn't think Giles' style match his ideology, seems to be that McNair wants his big man to be good defensively first and being able to shoot second. But that's just my guess.
This is my read, he's going to build a defensive minded team at least far more defensive minded than we've seen in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.