[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an afternoon show on 1320 that covers the Warriors I've heard a few times, professional, talks contracts, about where the organization is going, great interviews....Wish we had a show like that about the Kings.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I’d think he’d post :D:D:D emoji
Naw, that little half smirk emoji is so consistent with Boogie's personality that I would interpret it as his highest compliment rather than a lukewarm one.

In other news, James Harden is getting traded somewhere very soon. Tell me why Buddy and expiring contract salary filler (and probably at least one pick) for Harden is a bad idea.

Naw, that little half smirk emoji is so consistent with Boogie's personality that I would interpret it as his highest compliment rather than a lukewarm one.

In other news, James Harden is getting traded somewhere very soon. Tell me why Buddy and expiring contract salary filler (and probably at least one pick) for Harden is a bad idea.

LOL WUT?

I cant even...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Houston won't give Harden up for Brooklyn's (better) role players, and you think that Sacramento might be able to get him for Hield "and probably at least one pick"? I can't see Houston even taking Sacramento's call, unless the Kings start the bidding with Hield, Bagley, and three unprotected firsts

Houston won't give Harden up for Brooklyn's (better) role players, and you think that Sacramento might be able to get him for Hield "and probably at least one pick"? I can't see Houston even taking Sacramento's call, unless the Kings start the bidding with Hield, Bagley, and three unprotected firsts
And THAT is where I jump off the the bridge.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Oh no doubt Houston is going to ask for the world but it remains to be seen if anyone is actually going to give it to them. Harden isn't a plug and play type of personality or basketball player so teams have to weigh the pros and cons have basically handing over the keys to their franchise to a guy who hasn't been able to take his team to the Finals yet. And whoever does get him only has him under contract for 2 years with an opt out on year 3.

I mostly just threw that out there: (A) To elicit some fun knee jerk reactions since I know the general attitude about Harden from most fans is that he plays an unwatchable brand of basketball and (2) Because our new GM also has a Houston connection and Philly is the only other team Harden has publicly agreed to. Admittedly I'm not a big Bagley backer, but your proposal of Hield, Bagley, and multiple picks isn't a deal breaker for me. As for unprotected? We can negotiate on that point.

I also think there's reason to believe Houston might be interested. If their team is Wall/Boogie now, Hield is a pretty ideal third banana. And can you imagine what the national writers would say if they saw James Harden in a Kings uniform? It'd be worth it for that reason alone! :D

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Fox and Bagley for Harden, who says no
I think Sacramento does. Fox is considerably younger, cheaper, and signed for an additional 4 years with that last point being the most significant factor. Also if we give up Fox to get Harden we're not really in a better position than we were before. The only real reason to trade for Harden would be to pair him with Fox and see how far that takes us.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think Sacramento does. Fox is considerably younger, cheaper, and signed for an additional 4 years with that last point being the most significant factor. Also if we give up Fox to get Harden we're not really in a better position than we were before. The only real reason to trade for Harden would be to pair him with Fox and see how far that takes us.
For my money, I do not put either Fox or Bagley on the table in a Harden trade. Period. The bidding starts at Hield and CoJo and then the process of negotiating any additional players/picks/cash begins. If Houston hangs up because both Fox and Bagley are off the table, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.