• Zero

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. NBA Players all vote to strike, leave bubble and march in the streets
2. Adam Silver voids the CBA , hires G league players to finish season
3. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so let me get this right, the NBA players now feel it's fine to boycott but not after all the other incidents? I know at the end of the day this is just entertainment and the circumstances are very unique and considering that the majority of the players in the league happen to be African-American or a descent of such, it was just a matter of time I suppose. I leave with one question though, what good does this do at the end of the day?

Wish all the players the best in their mission. I'm not sure how any of it changes anything but I hope it does somehow. I certainly don't know any of the answers. I sympathize with their emotion and empathize with their desire to want to have an affect against injustice.

I personally was really looking forward to the Rockets/Thunder game after a hard day's work, but I'll spend that time doing other things instead. I'll look forward to watching basketball again whenever it comes back around.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
so let me get this right, the NBA players now feel it's fine to boycott but not after all the other incidents? I know at the end of the day this is just entertainment and the circumstances are very unique and considering that the majority of the players in the league happen to be African-American or a descent of such, it was just a matter of time I suppose. I leave with one question though, what good does this do at the end of the day?
Well, nothing is going to change until the people with the money and power agitate lawmakers to make change. You know who has money and power to agitate lawmakers, at least at the local level? Sports team owners. Ideally, the players hope that, by withholding their talent, the owners will use their power to instigate systematic change., at the local level

On a national level, I wouldn't expect their actions to have any effect, at least not any time in the next five months, at the earliest, because the people currently in charge of initiating national policy don't appear to be at all sympathetic to their protests.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well, nothing is going to change until the people with the money and power agitate lawmakers to make change. You know who has money and power to agitate lawmakers, at least at the local level? Sports team owners. Ideally, the players hope that, by withholding their talent, the owners will use their power to instigate systematic change.
I completely understand the logic behind it from the players perspective. But honestly, I don't think that will put them over the top.

Well, nothing is going to change until the people with the money and power agitate lawmakers to make change. You know who has money and power to agitate lawmakers, at least at the local level? Sports team owners. Ideally, the players hope that, by withholding their talent, the owners will use their power to instigate systematic change., at the local level

On a national level, I wouldn't expect their actions to have any effect, at least not any time in the next five months, at the earliest, because the people currently in charge of initiating national policy don't appear to be at all sympathetic to their protests.
At the earliest? I don't expect much to change regardless of the outcome in a few months.

But we can both can agree on one thing. The local level. The solution will not be one size fits all. Different localities have different challenges. And may need different approaches depending on the circumstances on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.