More Trade Idea Nonsense

• Thread starter Orlando Pinstriped Post
  • Start date
O

Orlando Pinstriped Post

They are getting back a far better version (offensively) in Ross and have the defensive chops around the floor to make up for the loss of Thybulle here. They also land Barnes, who's bad contract takes the place of Horford's, but fits a little better as a wing and helps fill the hole left by Harris leaving. Philly has also been searching for an additional PG to help keep it so Simmons isn't the only playmaker on the roster.

Continue reading...

I would quibble with Barnes and Joseph being considered “bad” contracts, but I don’t dislike the trade. Certainly feels like fair value. Not sure where this would leave Bagley—I guess we try Gordon at 3 as a starter and hope to close games with Bagley at 5 and Gordon at 4. Or, Horford just becomes a really expensive 6th man and we ask for draft compensation to take his contract.

I really, really like Barnes a lot so this is not a trade I’d be thrilled with, but I’d understand if the FO did it. Most other team’s fans come up with ridiculous scenarios for us, but this one is pretty fair.