[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Saturday, Jan. 18 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If I owned any tin hats, I might actually be thinking he's sitting because there might be a trade developing...
Agreed. Was going to add on “Probably going to be a throw-in in a trade soon” on my earlier post but didn’t want to open a trade debate can of worms.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did Bagley just take himself out of the game? I’m here in Utah, and that’s what it looked like. Not happy about that...
I don't think so. Grant would have inevitably said something if that were the case. Things are bad enough. I don't think we need to be looking for drama when none exists.

At some point the Kings have to realize this is a horrible team we are worse than the Pelicans/Timberwolves who have been as banged up and less talented. We are only better than the Warriors right now in the West/

The excuses of refs, injuries, needs more time, wait till player X comes back, schedule, coaching have to stop this is 100% on Vlade and the players who ripped off Sacramento money wise.

I've changed my mind on Bagley we need to keep him at all costs for as long as his rookie contract goes, that way we get the most chance to land a #1 pick in the next 3-4 seasons.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At some point the Kings have to realize this is a horrible team we are worse than the Pelicans/Timberwolves who have been as banged up and less talented. We are only better than the Warriors right now in the West/

The excuses of refs, injuries, needs more time, wait till player X comes back, schedule, coaching have to stop this is 100% on Vlade and the players who ripped off Sacramento money wise.

I've changed my mind on Bagley we need to keep him at all costs for as long as his rookie contract goes, that way we get the most chance to land a #1 pick in the next 3-4 seasons.
Please feel free to post this in the Vlade thread. Thanks.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Until they figure it out on defense and play more aggressively, they'll continue to get scored on like tonight and the past several games. When it stops is up to them. Lack of physicallity and lack of communication were the themes of Walton and Bagley in the post-game. At what point do you want to punch back rather than have hugs and kisses after the game?

We are 12 games under 500., how many do we have to reach to think about doing what GSW are? It's got to be close, we also can get some decent value for Bogs/Bjelly and maybe bring in a couple G-league guys/young assets to trail.

I must say, I don't expect much from this team anymore. They play and are coached just like their 15-27 record suggests.

However, now that I'm an East Coaster again and working 60+ hours/week, the handful of games I stay up late to watch, I at least expect consistent effort and a competent game plan.

I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing a team far more confused than under Joerger with a fraction of the confidence they had under Joerger and some of the worst chemistry I've seen on a Kings team in years. Which says a lot.

I grew up with this team in the 90's and even though they were poor at times back then, max effort was always there. There was a fight from the team and city. That all seems a distant past. The losing has gone on so long it's accepted. It's tolerated. Within 5 mins of the gam ending the official twitter account of the team was posting about the McGregor fight. Last game the official instagram page of the team trolled the fan base by asking to post your complaints below, then shut off the ability to comment.

It's like this is all a joke to the organization itself. As someone who's spent tens of thousands supporting the team over the years and making countless round trips from the Bay Area to Arco/Sac for games/rallies, the current regime is the biggest slap in the face to similar fans who stuck with the team thru repeated failures.

well I would do it now, there's no math really cause technically the West 8th spot is still reachable (totally unlikely).
I think this road trip will determine a lot of what happens with this franchise for not only this year, but possibly years to come. And it's almost a everything to lose scenario. Playing decent against the mediocre teams won't gain them much favor but it might give them some time.

They are, but I find it dismaying there were no hard fouls in this game. No altercations. Just raising the white flag. I'd rather go down laying some people out instead of like this.
It's not really who they are. They are a fun, happy go lucky finesse team. Maybe Holmes makes you feel him, but it's not their identity and certainly not the identity of their coach. It wouldn't be authentic but they shouldn't let teams punk them either.

The point is to show some fight. Play like it's not just a job. Play like your honor is on the line. That was a dishonorable performance tonight.
That sounds good, but refs hand out flagrants like candy so it'd just end up with the Kings losing by 30 instead of 25. I thought they actually did a good job of fouling Gobert, and he miraculously made every FT, unreal.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's not really who they are. They are a fun, happy go lucky finesse team. Maybe Holmes makes you feel him, but it's not their identity and certainly not the identity of their coach. It wouldn't be authentic but they shouldn't let teams punk them either.
Well obviously it's not who they are now. But what is is not necessarily what will be. I'd say if you get punched in the face enough you might want to start fighting back. Either that or you better be moving to a different location. The first thing Walton said in the presser was "lack of toughness." He knows what the deal is.

They are, but I find it dismaying there were no hard fouls in this game. No altercations. Just raising the white flag. I'd rather go down laying some people out instead of like this.
I hate to say it, but the lack of intensity and physicality may be a symptom of a larger problem - a loss of faith in the coaching schemes. When people (players, in this case) don’t believe that what they are doing will yield results then they effectively give up and just go through the motions.

Status
Not open for further replies.