The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take one minute and imagine the Kings scrappy crew of role players and surround them around Luka’s absurd talent.

They’d be up there with the Lakers.

And that’s why it hurts so gosh darn much. Sure, the Kings are fighting for a bottom seed. Yay.... They should be fighting for something far more.
Yeah I kept thinking image in the Mavs had Holmes instead of Powell.......

Take one minute and imagine the Kings scrappy crew of role players and surround them around Luka’s absurd talent.

They’d be up there with the Lakers.

And that’s why it hurts so gosh darn much. Sure, the Kings are fighting for a bottom seed. Yay.... They should be fighting for something far more.
They will, this season.

I think a significant difference with other high-volume scorers is that Luka is putting up these triple doubles while shooting 48%. That's crazy efficiency. The only thing he can improve on offense is his 3pt shooting (32.8%) which I have no doubt he will.
Agreed and that's the thing he does still have room to improve. His 3 Point Percentage really isn't good at all for somebody who takes so many. Part of that is because he takes a lot of bad shots. Some of that is just because he has to (lack of anyone else on team who can create) and some of that is just flat out poor shot selection on his part. He takes some shots like Steph/Klay do where he really has no business taking them, although it seems like in crunch time he makes more than his fair share.

He could easily improve his 3-Point % from 37% to 40% with better shot selection and more consistent form. He could also add a midrange jumper (doesn't have much of one now) to use in situations when they put smaller guys on him. He has enough height/size that he should be able to kill smaller defenders in the mid-range game.

So while he's mostly a near finished product, there is absolutely still areas he can improve.

Sounds like the dumbass Mavs will waste Luka’s prime years chasing free agents like they did with Dirk. Now they’re focusing on getting Giannis in 2021 like no just build your team you idiot, probably why they didn’t go after Brogdan like 90% of the world thought they would

People have talked about on-off numbers, and I have to say that the Mavs look really awful with him off court at the moment. Miami's just slaughtering them.

Dallas is about to completely fall apart.
Luka hurt his ankle. Left in the 1st. This is gonna get ugly for Dallas if he is out for an extended period.
People have talked about on-off numbers, and I have to say that the Mavs look really awful with him off court at the moment. Miami's just slaughtering them.
Lakers and Milwaukee wouldn’t fall apart which mean Luka is mvp this year if everyone held up but that’s non of my business

SLAB

Hall of Famer
:(

Dang, other than the dark cloud of “IT SHOULD BE ME/US!” hanging over Luka I was legitimately enjoying seeing this 20 year old kid do what no 20 year old kid has ever done before.

Here’s to a quick recovery.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
:(

Dang, other than the dark cloud of “IT SHOULD BE ME/US!” hanging over Luka I was legitimately enjoying seeing this 20 year old kid do what no 20 year old kid has ever done before.

Here’s to a quick recovery.
Look at it this way, dear SLAB. It''s a good thing the Kings didn't draft him. With the curse that still seemingly hangs over the Kings, this sprained ankle might have been so much worse. It actually might have fallen off his leg and rolled across the court.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
IIRC Mark Cuban is usually pretty conservative about bringing his stars back from injury. Watching that clip, his ankle bent completely down and touched the court. Not sure how much damage that does, but it had to hurt like hell. Now it's up to the rest of the Mavs to step up and hold down the fort until Luka can return.

IIRC Mark Cuban is usually pretty conservative about bringing his stars back from injury. Watching that clip, his ankle bent completely down and touched the court. Not sure how much damage that does, but it had to hurt like hell. Now it's up to the rest of the Mavs to step up and hold down the fort until Luka can return.
The Luka injury is unfortunate for them and him, and while I’d never wish injury on another team for our gain...the likelihood of them coming down to earth a bit after such a hot start just got higher and that’s gotta be good for us if we can take advantage of the easier upcoming schedule but the real Kings/Kangz will prevail we shall see.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
OTOH, this *could* be a blessing in disguise as it will force the Mavs to see if KP can return anywhere close to his old form. If he rediscovers himself with the upped usage, watch out.

(Idk if he’ll get there. He looks really bad whenever I watch them.)

Problem is Porzingis couldn’t score in the post on 90% of us on this board
Actually pre knee blowout he had a pretty good post game, face up game, could go either direction and had an incredible arsenal of moves. People forget how good he was. A legit All Star who could score from anywhere on the floor.

Now whether it'll take time to gain strength/confidence back to play as in the linked vid, or whether part of the problem is Carlise's use of him is yet to be determined.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Actually pre knee blowout he had a pretty good post game, face up game, could go either direction and had an incredible arsenal of moves. People forget how good he was. A legit All Star who could score from anywhere on the floor.

Now whether it'll take time to gain strength/confidence back to play as in the linked vid, or whether part of the problem is Carlise's use of him is yet to be determined.

Isn't there a third alternative? The sad truth that he might be one of those who never does come back to what he was pre-injury?

Oh gotcha. My mistake.
However I do worry about ankle sprains. I’ve had a couple really bad sprains and they have never been the same. I hope it’s different for world class athletes like Fox and Luka

Status
Not open for further replies.