[Game] Kings v. Thunder - Wednesday, Dec. 11 - 7PT, 10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I think he can. Bagley pulled out a couple switches tonight that we didn't see last year. He got some bs called against him but if he picks up how to not let his man get behind him on lobs he's got the tools. Holmes clearly has been taught very well when it comes to defensive IQ.
I noticed that too, and as someone who is VERY INTRIGUED about Luke's impact on Bagley's defense, I think it's a good sign.

He flashed decent man defense at times last season, and blocked more shots per game than he did in college. The desire is there, he just needs a good teacher.

Take these 1-pt wins to the bank.....1 pt or 10 doesn't matter. Would like to see more bench used - Giles, James, Dedmon, even. Distribute out minutes to keep players fresh and guard against injuries.

No kidding. Buddy handling the ball at the end is sure to cause heart problems. You just never know which way.
I was hard on him a couple of games ago, but credit Buddy for not coughing up the ball in a major defensive assault in those last couple minutes. His play has been much improved the last couple of games, even when his shot isnt falling.

Started watching this game late. At some point League Pass just kicked me out when the game ended in real time. We were down by 10 I believe and it was not looking good 4th quarter. I was about to just look up the score but I decided to wait for the replay to be posted so that I can see the last 10 minutes. Glad I did :). Holmes was everywhere! Cold-blooded by Bogdan to side step and bury the high pressure shot. Buddy with the handles to escape the trap twice! I just want a nice and easy game at this point though. Hopefully we get one against NY.

What a great win! Especially for the 1st home game after a roadie. It wasn’t well played offensively, but it was a great result.

Momentum swing of the game was Richaun Holmes block on Dennis Schröder‘s layup attempt with 4:45 remaining and the KINGS trailing 86-79.

Buddy Hield hits a transition three 8 seconds later and instead of an 88-79 deficit, it was 86-82.

Then next possession Holmes makes the hustle loose ball play and drives length of the court for the dunk.

All of it occurred during an all-important 14-0 run.

Then Holmes caps it with his defense at the end.

What a game!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Started watching this game late. At some point League Pass just kicked me out when the game ended in real time. We were down by 10 I believe and it was not looking good 4th quarter. I was about to just look up the score but I decided to wait for the replay to be posted so that I can see the last 10 minutes. Glad I did :). Holmes was everywhere! Cold-blooded by Bogdan to side step and bury the high pressure shot. Buddy with the handles to escape the trap twice! I just want a nice and easy game at this point though. Hopefully we get one against NY.
You and me both. I want a blowout for NY for the simple reason that Joseph and Bogs can play fewer minutes, get more rest, and heal up. They need it.

I was hard on him a couple of games ago, but credit Buddy for not coughing up the ball in a major defensive assault in those last couple minutes. His play has been much improved the last couple of games, even when his shot isnt falling.
True, but he was really fortunate the officials missed the obvious 8 second violation that they then correctly called on OKC a bit later.

That was another Buddy IQ moment that fortunately didn’t end up hurting the team.

Buddy did panic all KINGS fan with his dribbling on their final possession, but ended up finding Bogie who made the huge 3 so all is good!

Holmes is showing that he might be one of those most versatile defenders in the league. Dude is starting to look like the center version of Shawn Marion.
He’s unbelievable. I’m still questioning what I’ve been seeing from him all season on that end — whether it’s really real!

When’s the last time the team has had a big that plays defense and hustles like he does? When was the last time they had a defender like Joseph? When was the last time they had two guys together like that???

Last edited:
Holmes is such a beast. Showing and sticking on those guards. My only reservation on losing Willie was the hope that one day he would consistently do what Richaun just did on Chris Paul. Holmes also hounded Donavan Michell on a final shot when the Kings won their first game.
Seriously, if he keeps this up all season — how can he not be 1st team all-defense?

Hell, I say he should be in the running for DPOY if he keeps this up and the KINGS end their postseason drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.