Espn article on Jeff David

Thanks. Read it. Couldn't pull away.

The spin is dumb. Dude is saying he was trying to compete with his peers (i.e., Vivek, NBA players, Billionaire minority owners). That's demeaning to his real co-workers. It was pure greed, followed by stupidity, and arrogance.

Side note, at least we now know the real reason behind Chris Granger's "resignation" to take on new challenges in Detroit.

Most financial institutions and high tech firms mandate a one to two week stop during the holidays. The stop allows them to catch issues, such as frauds like this. Kings should've had such a policy then and likely do now.

Last edited:
Thanks. Read it. Couldn't pull away.

The spin is dumb. Dude is saying he was trying to compete with his peers (i.e., Vivek, NBA players, Billionaire minority owners). That's demeaning to his real co-workers. It was pure greed, followed by stupidity, and arrogance.

Side note, at least we now know the real reason behind Chris Granger's "resignation" to take on new challenges in Detroit.

Most financial institutions and high tech firms mandate a one to two week stop during the holidays. The stop allows them to catch issues, such as frauds like this. Kings should've had such a policy then and likely do now.
Granger left a year before David was arrested.

As I recall David Stern sent Jeff David to Sacramento to help with the transition years, new ownership and new arena. He must have been highly thought of in NBA circles.
Good story, almost a great con job, but man what a messed up greedy dude. 360 grand annual salary sounds like a good pay day to me.

With all that time to think in jail, ill bet what's gotta be maddening to him is he could have gotten away with it. Sounds like he got way too cocky.

Granger reportedly resigned because felt his main mission was completed in Sacramento and wanted to do other things in life. He apparently found new start, new home for his family in Detroit as Group President, Sports and Entertainment, at Ilitch Holdings. From June 19, 2017:

The Sacramento Bee's Ailene Voisin shared a statement from Granger explaining his decision:
"I just feel it's time. I'm not leaving for another job. There is nothing imminent. But I want to do something else, to be challenged in a position working with multiple sports, maybe the Olympics, something with a bigger platform. With the arena, this job will be about selling corporate sponsorships, and I just think there's one more big move in me. Plus, my girls are entering middle school, so this seems like the right time."