[Game] Kings vs. Celtics, Sunday Nov. 17th, 12:30 PM PT/3:30 PM ET

Missed most of the game, but tuned in just in time to see a Dummy left handed TO. Looks like he made up for it with his 35 points though.

Have read most of the comments and all I gotta say is not having enough minutes for good players is a great problem to have. There may be some transaction costs with the initial integration, but over the long run, the benefits will be golden when Fox n Bags re-enter the equation.

Missed most of the game, but tuned in just in time to see a Dummy left handed TO. Looks like he made up for it with his 35 points though.

Have read most of the comments and all I gotta say is not having enough minutes for good players is a great problem to have. There may be some transaction costs with the initial integration, but over the long run, the benefits will be golden when Fox n Bags re-enter the equation.
The benefits are already golden when both of them are injured.

At this point god himself could not taking playing time away from Holmes, Bagley is eating someone else's playing time or he should not be on the floor.
The problem is bjeli is playing really well too. Grant and Doug mentioned how valuable he was in this win. So if the team is playing like this and we winning most of our games. Does Luke keep things rolling? Bagley and his dad can’t really complain if they slowly work him in as long as we are winning at a 6-1 rate right? (I’m counting that lakers game as a win after that L2M report :p)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Buddy scored 35 points without shooting a single free throw which has got to be some sort of record.
Nah, he's tied for 38th-most points without a free throw attempt. #1? Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went for 48 and 24 without a single free throw attempt in 1973. And seeing as he was doing that in the paint, it's a considerably greater achievement.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Nah, he's tied for 38th-most points without a free throw attempt. #1? Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went for 48 and 24 without a single free throw attempt in 1973. And seeing as he was doing that in the paint, it's a considerably greater achievement.
Not sure I agree with this. When Wilt played there was no 3 second rule. He could camp under the basket and play patty cake with the backboard all game. Buddy actually had to create separation and get his shots over the entire defense. Maybe if he'd taken 40 shots to do it that would be less impressive but he was efficient too. Not that it really matters, it's just rhetorical. But there's a reason why the top scorers in the league are all perimeter players now. The NBA has made it impossible for a big guy to dominate like Wilt did in his day, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Not sure I agree with this. When Wilt played there was no 3 second rule. He could camp under the basket and play patty cake with the backboard all game. Buddy actually had to create separation and get his shots over the entire defense. Maybe if he'd taken 40 shots to do it that would be less impressive but he was efficient too. Not that it really matters, it's just rhetorical. But there's a reason why the top scorers in the league are all perimeter players now. The NBA has made it impossible for a big guy to dominate like Wilt did in his day, and I don't think that's a bad thing.
My point was that he scored 48 points in the paint and didn't get fouled once.

I will confess to being a Laker fan in my youth and that was over when The Kings came to town.
chamberlain, West and Baylor was a team to remember back in those days to me.

After we got our own home town team all the others just for me opponents to watch. But a lot of us got to enjoy seeing some of the greats play against us.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
My point was that he scored 48 points in the paint and didn't get fouled once.
Ah, touche. I hadn't considered that. It'd be interesting to see how a player like James Harden would have fared in that era. On the one hand you would think no 3pt line and stingier foul calls would derail his game since that 's how he scores nearly all of his points. On the other hand, pre-AI would any defender or referee be able to comprehend his dribble moves? Would he be Oscar Robertson or would he be a walking traveling violation?

The problem is bjeli is playing really well too. Grant and Doug mentioned how valuable he was in this win. So if the team is playing like this and we winning most of our games. Does Luke keep things rolling? Bagley and his dad can’t really complain if they slowly work him in as long as we are winning at a 6-1 rate right? (I’m counting that lakers game as a win after that L2M report :p)
Agreed. Yes, that is going to be a dilemma when Bagley gets back healthy. I would think that Luke will work Bagley back into to the starting lineup slowly, if the Kings are still rolling at that time.

Considering that CoJo is not spreading the floor with any 3 point shooting and the Kings are still playing well, Luke may want to wait until Fox, another able 3 point shooter, is back healthy and ready to take over some of Bjeli's 3 point shooting attempts, before inserting Bagley back into the starting line up. I would keep Richaun Holmes in as the starting center.

It may come down to Fox and Bagley returning to the starting lineup in tandem, to off set the floor spreading loss of Bjeli being taken out of the starting lineup.

I'm not sure where the threshold is. But if Buddy had scored 20 points and then threw the game away at the end with a brain-fart turnover, he'd be toast. But 35 points? Well, then, the turnover is just a turnover. And besides, Holmes was not going to let us lose this one.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That left one-handed pass by Buddy to a spectator in the stands was very reminiscent of WCS's left one-handed turnover that cost the Kings a game last year. I hate one handed passes with a passion, especially from players that are challenged with their passing to begin with. I hate it even more when there is a history of one-handed passes from a player like Buddy Hield and you can see this kind of thing coming from a 100 miles away. Just another "bad habit" for Walton to address. If Walton's philosophy is to groom this team to succeed in the playoffs the one handed pass by Buddy Hield has to be banned to hell.

I will confess to being a Laker fan in my youth and that was over when The Kings came to town.
chamberlain, West and Baylor was a team to remember back in those days to me.

After we got our own home town team all the others just for me opponents to watch. But a lot of us got to enjoy seeing some of the greats play against us.
I was too. If you lived in California in the 80s, you were. The Warriors were a joke. Showtime Lakers was must watch basketball. It was also a far cry from the whining foul machine of the Shaq-Kobe era. But the SECOND the Kings showed up that was over. But Magic Johnson is still probably my favorite player of all time. He existed as a superstar on a team with way more star power than the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, and they never had ego problems. Much of that is due to his leadership. Just played the game on a whole other level mentally. Didn't even have to worry about "clashing egos" for a second on Magic's teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was too. If you lived in California in the 80s, you were. The Warriors were a joke. Showtime Lakers was must watch basketball. It was also a far cry from the whining foul machine of the Shaq-Kobe era. But the SECOND the Kings showed up that was over. But Magic Johnson is still probably my favorite player of all time. He existed as a superstar on a team with way more star power than the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, and they never had ego problems. Much of that is due to his leadership. Just played the game on a whole other level mentally. Didn't even have to worry about "clashing egos" for a second on Magic's teams.
Au contraire. I was a Celtics fan from 1965 until the Kings came to Sacramento. :p