[Game] Kings v. Nuggets - Monday, Oct. 28 - 7PT

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think it really only makes sense if they trade Bogi, cause I’m not sure what the point of having them both since Bogi has still largely been the primary ball handler while he’s on floor. Otherwise he is just really expensive injury insurance that prohibits the Kings from extending Bogi
Honestly that might be another check in the plus column at this point.

I'm going to choose to take only the positives from this game. This is the only one that had positives.
Well, the first half of the Suns game had positives too. What is going on with the third quarters though?

Is the other team making adjustments that the kings aren't ready for? Fatigue? And please keep them off the offensive glass.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, the first half of the Suns game had positives too. What is going on with the third quarters though?

Is the other team making adjustments that the kings aren't ready for? Fatigue? And please keep them off the offensive glass.
In this case, the Nuggets remembered they were one of the best defensive teams in the league and put the clamps down on our second unit.

the first half of Sun's game seems so long ago. but yeah, that was ok. This was better I think. Third quarter I think has to do with focus. it was focus and energy in previous three, tonight I think it was focus.

Bogdonovic spends all of his game and effort on FIBA. The Kings just support his lifestyle.

I bet we could acquire the majority of team Serbia's roster. We would win more games.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I feel like Yogi would be a better fit off the bench than Cojo, I saw Cojo do alot of directing traffic and not really taking much initiative. Yogi will atleast push the ball and be aggressive and take threes. I'm not even sure why we gave Cojo such a huge contract when we still have Yogi in the first place. Is CoJo really that much of a better player/defender?

I feel like Yogi would be a better fit off the bench than Cojo, I saw Cojo do alot of directing traffic and not really taking much initiative. Yogi will atleast push the ball and be aggressive and take threes. I'm not even sure why we gave Cojo such a huge contract when we still have Yogi in the first place. Is CoJo really that much of a better player/defender?
Nailed it.

I get that he lacks defense, but joseph majorly lacks offense. Pick your poison..
The Kings already did with Joseph. You don't pay him what they are paying him to sit him in favor of someone with almost both feet out the door. If it becomes THE problem then by all means, but Yogi in favor of anyone at this point isn't the difference maker. The Kings are closer (potentially) to finding their identity and that's all that matters now. Once they do that then they can look at fine tuning.

The Kings already did with Joseph. You don't pay him what they are paying him to sit him in favor of someone with almost both feet out the door. If it becomes THE problem then by all means, but Yogi in favor of anyone at this point isn't the difference maker. The Kings are closer (potentially) to finding their identity and that's all that matters now. Once they do that then they can look at fine tuning.
We're far away from fine tuning...

He didn't do it that much tonight but he somewhat gives you a chance on defense in a 3 guard lineup. Last year when Joerger did it with Yogi it was impending doom from the get go.

In this case, the Nuggets remembered they were one of the best defensive teams in the league and put the clamps down on our second unit.
Yeah, I never got the sense the Nuggets ever thought they were going to lose this game. Must be nice to have that swagger and be able to back it up.

They are deep with a strong second unit.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Walton said in the post game that this could be a first step. But he also said (my paraphrase) that this can't be one-off because of how horribly they played against Utah and the fact they were going up against a top team in Denver. They've got to bring it every night.

The Hornets is an important test. Are the Kings going to be the immature team and play down to their competition, or are they going to improve off of tonight's game?

in a way. Kings played much better against a top Western Conference opponent. The showed both effort and cohesiveness that they have not shown until today.
I liked what Walton had to say after the game. He's looking at the bigger picture but was very clear tonights game means only as much as the next one. Could be wrong, but I think from a personality perspective Walton has the perfect demeanor for this current squad.

I saw him take 3. One was with the clock winding down. The other two I think we're basically back to back momentum killers when the kings were in a scoring draught.
ok so he took 2 stupid shots this game, but I get what you are saying. He also did give 6 assist almost all of which were him creating.
he did have a bad shooting night though. both him and Buddy at the same time and its hard to win.