[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Saturday, Oct. 26 - 6 PT

It does feel like our players dont enjoy playing with each other. Just sad. Team is without a leader. Fox can lead by example but he hasnt done anything in the league to earn respect. You think Buddy looks up to Fox? Bogi? Barnes? Most of our players act like they are too good for this sh*t and it shows... Even if he wasnt a their favorite human being, Joeger commanded respect. Walton has no ability to do that. Following up a hard ass with a pedigreeless nooblet was a HORRIBLE and obvious miscalculation. We have no authoritative leader, no direction. LA was a directionless dumpsterfire for the last three years. That is us now.

My hope is that they simply do not know how to play together and thus, they are tentative. It gives me some hope that they can straighten it out at least to not put us all to sleep.
I've repeated this a few times, if true, that means the organization failed to prepare; they needed to start practicing much earlier. What was up with Hield scoring 3 pts today - injury?

I've repeated this a few times, if true, that means the organization failed to prepare; they needed to start practicing much earlier. What was up with Hield scoring 3 pts today - injury?
No he hasnt been put in the right spots. Ive played a lot of basketball in my life and all i can pinpoint is that the kings are running a pick and roll unsuccessfully. The poorly set screens are coming early or late, and we arent equipped to run half court sets like that successfully. We have no one who sets good screens. Hence the over dribbling. Having a guy like koufos would mask how bad we look. Luke has been making empty promises in regards to pace.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
With the crap coaching it is too early to call Dedmon a bust. At least he has a pulse /coughariza
You could have the worst coach in the world and that shouldn't cause your starting center to repeatedly throw the ball to the Invisible Man on the court. Dedmond looked like his mind was totally elsewhere tonight. It certainly wasn't on the game.

Its still fairly early, but if they dont pull together soon out of this early nose dive, there will be the proverbial heads rolling, and maybe player trades. They desperately need to win a game to instill some sort of confidence. They cannot go 3-13 to start the season. Losing breeds strife and worse, apathy. Give it another 10 games, and we'll have more semblance of what to expect.

Maybe they haven't given up. Maybe they just have no discernable game plan going into games.
maybe

But any NBA team with some kind of fight in em, would never allow themselves to be blown off of the court this many times in a row. I don’t wish harm on anyone, but at least give a good hard foul.

I wish this team REALLY knew how little we ask of them. Kings fans have never scoffed at hard work and hustle, even after a tough loss. Never.

After 3 games and thinking about it awhile, the Kings are playing a lot like the Lakers under Walton, not very well.
It is hard to see much enthusiasm at times. It is hard to see what the plan is or where the leadership is coming from.
I think the coaching is the greatest disappointment. The players are similar to last year with some supposed upgrades. We all got optimistic.
We forgot how important the coach is and that it takes time.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The game this reminds me of is when the Kings traded Jackson and much of the team went into mourning and they played like crap the following game. Something is going on. You can't have a preseason dress rehearsal game against Utah and play like gangbusters and then turn around and play like crap against the same team without something going on behind the scenes.

maybe

But any NBA team with some kind of fight in em, would never allow themselves to be blown off of the court this many times in a row. I don’t wish harm on anyone, but at least give a good hard foul.

I wish this team REALLY knew how little we ask of them. Kings fans have never scoffed at hard work and hustle, even after a tough loss. Never.
Funny thing is, the one year we all asked a little more of a team, they take this kind of a crap on us all. No one can explain it. Players are upgraded on paper, and we SHOULD have the best team we've had in years. Only thing left to question is coaching, and im a guy who usually thinks blaming coaching is a cop out, but this is the first time on record that I've legitimately questioned coaching..

Its still fairly early, but if they dont pull together soon out of this early nose dive, there will be the proverbial heads rolling, and maybe player trades. They desperately need to win a game to instill some sort of confidence. They cannot go 3-13 to start the season. Losing breeds strife and worse, apathy. Give it another 10 games, and we'll have more semblance of what to expect.
Exactly my thoughts

This can’t continue beyond the Denver game. But knowing this frustrating group, they’ll miraculously defeat the nuggets and get blown out by the Hornets

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
After 3 games and thinking about it awhile, the Kings are playing a lot like the Lakers under Walton, not very well.
It is hard to see much enthusiasm at times. It is hard to see what the plan is or where the leadership is coming from.
I think the coaching is the greatest disappointment. The players are similar to last year with some supposed upgrades. We all got optimistic.
We forgot how important the coach is and that is takes time.
I don't agree that the Lakers didn't play with enthusiasm under Walton. Forget about last year with the LBJ/AD/Magic Johnson fiasco. The prior year's team was young, played very hard, very fast, and played better defense than the Kings under Joerger, imo. I do agree that the Kings were extremely flat tonight. I'm not giving up on Walton yet.