Bogdanovic reportedly unhappy as a bench player

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He's playing like a guy who thinks he's better than everybody else, who is entitled to dribble, dribble, dribble, to his heart's content at the expense of the team. Maybe if he would play like a legit 2 guard who cuts and moves he would enhance his negotiating position.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
When you watch Bogdanovic when he plays for Serbia and when he plays for the Kings, his roles are completely different. To be honest, he is not being properly utilized in the way he can be where he is the primary ball handler for the second unit, when he should be the one running off screens and creating for himself, not others. That's why you brought in a Cory Joseph, to run point. His displeasure is not surprising, he is a skilled player and with the Kings just handing out to hefty contract extensions to Hield and Barnes, the writings are on the wall that Bogdanovic might not be with the Kings long term.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I’m ready to trade him based on his strangely subpar NBA play, the likely inability to resign him, and potential unhappiness being forever a 6th man (because he ain’t starting here)

I like the guy but he needs to be moved.

He plays out of his mind against sub par competition in the summer and always comes back to earth when playing in the nba.

People are talking about putting a huge contract on him?!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think tonight's game is going to be very telling. Are we going to see Bogs as a dribble, dribble, dribble pg, or are we going to see him as a 2-guard? If we continue to see him as a pg, or as a guard who acts like he's a pg, I will be very displeased.

I think If we have a coaching situation where each player is doing what they feel like and has the choice of dribble dribble dribbling or cutting and moving, then we have a bigger problem. The coach should call the plays and the roles. Anyone who does not attempt to execute what the coach has planned should be benched.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think If we have a coaching situation where each player is doing what they feel like and has the choice of dribble dribble dribbling or cutting and moving, then we have a bigger problem. The coach should call the plays and the roles. Anyone who does not attempt to execute what the coach has planned should be benched.
We had the same situation with a different coach last year. Walton needs to lay down the law now so we don't see the same act we saw last year. One thing for sure, either Corey, Ferrell, or Fox should bring the ball up the floor. Even better, if they can they should pass the ball up the floor. That's the very least that should happen in tonight's game. What would be optimum is to see Bogs as a 2G who cuts, moves, and screens and then uses his dribble off the action of others. He's proven he's not the type of guard that can consistently be the initiator against elite competition. What is so frustrating is to see his talent wasted on this team. If healthy, he can shoot with the best of 'em, including Buddy, AND he has a higher BBIQ than Buddy and is arguably a better defender. Instead, we continually see him try to do something he's not good at.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
People are talking about putting a huge contract on him?!
Yeaaaah, see? There's just not enough room in this town for my buddy Buddy and this "Big Man" Bogdan, see? So if any one o' youse guys wants to see to it that Big Man slips on some concrete loafers and sleeps with the fishes tonight, there might be somethin' innit for you, see?

We had the same situation with a different coach last year. Walton needs to lay down the law now so we don't see the same act we saw last year. One thing for sure, either Corey, Ferrell, or Fox should bring the ball up the floor. Even better, if they can they should pass the ball up the floor. That's the very least that should happen in tonight's game. What would be optimum is to see Bogs as a 2G who cuts, moves, and screens and then uses his dribble off the action of others. He's proven he's not the type of guard that can consistently be the initiator against elite competition. What is so frustrating is to see his talent wasted on this team. If healthy, he can shoot with the best of 'em, including Buddy, AND he has a higher BBIQ than Buddy and is arguably a better defender. Instead, we continually see him try to do something he's not good at.
my concern is that other than Fox, the other guards have not been able to effectively run the half court offense. Yogi was also looking better playing more as a scoring guard than a creator. So lets see how Corey looks at the point. But at the end of the day, Bogdan might be the best we have in that role after Fox.

I haven’t read the article and I’m assuming it’s pure speculation. But man, the start of this season just keeps getting better. I can’t remember a year where I was filled with such excitement heading into game 1, but feeling so defeated going into game 2.
Its from a podcast Brian Windhorst did 8 days ago when he and Tim MacMahon discussed stuff they heard. And then someone wrote an article about it today.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
my concern is that other than Fox, the other guards have not been able to effectively run the half court offense. Yogi was also looking better playing more as a scoring guard than a creator. So lets see how Corey looks at the point. But at the end of the day, Bogdan might be the best we have in that role after Fox.
I don't think you have to have the offense be centered around the point guard. Even the Warriors with Curry have someone else bring the ball up the floor and get the offense started. The Clipps also don't have a great pg to initiate the offense. The Kings just need to get the ball past the half court line asap and get the offense going, not have a guard do a dribble, dribble, dribble act that centers around himself.

I don't think you have to have the offense be centered around the point guard. Even the Warriors with Curry have someone else bring the ball up the floor and get the offense started. The Clipps also don't have a great pg to initiate the offense. The Kings just need to get the ball past the half court line asap and get the offense going, not have a guard do a dribble, dribble, dribble act that centers around himself.
We will see if there are adjustments for tonight.

So, basically a bunch of B.S.! They have no direct source, but just speculating.

The national media really has no knowledge of the Kings or its players.
yeah, I doubt what was said at that podcast had anything to do with sourced info, its just conjecture that is plausible. That's not to say that its not true, just that its probably a guess.

bogdan should take a shooter role. his ability to create should be used only situationally, when concrete attack brings up that as a logical perfect thing to be done. he would be more effective and less TO. Same situation is with Bjelica. Focus on shooting, defense and offensive rebounds. But it is logical thing to assume he can't be paid in Kings more than 50-60something 4 years, maybe 36 two years to expire before bagley's contract. There are 2 situations I can imagine: Kings play him less this year to keep his price down on free market, especially if PO becomes out of reach, or play him more and see what he can finally do and see what kind of contract he deserves. Playing him less means Kings have more trust in him, playing more, they see him exchangeable

BSPN nonsense! " I’m sure I’ve heard some of the same rumblings as you of, hey, if they’re locked into Hield and Barnes – Bogdanovic, he might not be thrilled with being a sixth man there." Its not like Bogie is talking to the media like Buddy

Bogie might still take the extension offer during the year? or test RFA at end of the year?

There can be plenty of minutes at the 1,2 or 3

I think a 3 man rotation of the 3 B's can work fine Buddy.Bogie,Barnes can always create enough minutes for Bogie
and Barnes can always slide to the 4.

He got a good non-scale rookie contract, and he can still get 12.85mil on the extension, still a very good contract
If he ends up on a 16M contr with us in RFA match , that's no chicken feed either. Why would he want to sour the FO on himself.

Also in RFA, Vlade can negotiate a larger contract than the 51M extension offer. Can you say "Incentives"?

Be a Kings team player, and Vlade will reward you.

Honestly, the best thing for him would also be the best thing for the Kings. Start him in a small unit with Barnes for an extended period and see how it shakes out. I mean, it really wouldn't serve the Kings well to re-sign him to what he'll likely command just for him to be a bench player that plays 24 mpg anyway.