Last Roster Spot

dude12

Hall of Famer
I saw on twitter that Walton or Vlade, I wish I had saved the tweet now, made a reference that there could be a surprise for the last spot on the roster but they wouldn’t say who. Seems like we could all speculate as that’s what we like to do. Is it one of these guys:

Wenyen Gabriel
Justin James
Kyle Guy
Someone who got waived from another team
Iman Shumpert
any of the deep camp guys like Lyndon, Ulis, etc
Carmelo Anthony..... not

dude12

Hall of Famer
In response to my own post...I think it’s Wenyen or Justin James. I think they like James and what he can bring but he needs to play down in Stockton.....Gabriel is Going to be the guy I think

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So...this is the final roster as of today:

Trevor Ariza
Marvin Bagley III
Harrison Barnes
Nemanja Bjelica
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Dewayne Dedmon
Yogi Ferrell
De'Aaron Fox
Wenyen Gabriel
Harry Giles III
Kyle Guy
Buddy Hield
Richaun Holmes
Justin James
Cory Joseph
Tyler Lydon
Caleb Swanigan

I can see from how Vlade operated in the past that he sees Lydon to understudy Belly.

I just don't see Lydon as a threat to make any kind of impact this year, and no danger of getting claimed. So he could've been a Stockton keep, as they are overloaded with bigs again. If they keep Lydon and Swanigan, the Kings could have 5 rotation quality bigs in front of them, plus Ariza and Barnes who play small ball 4. Even Gabriel can log minutes on his 2 way contract. '

Maybe it's small potatoes, but the end of roster construction hopefully isn't complete.