Buddy and Bogdan’s extension?

Teams rarely open up with their best offer when negotiating (unless it's a superstar). My guess is that they will meet in the middle unless Hield's camp won't budge.
I hope so. My only point is if an extension DOESN'T get done, then it's a failure of understanding his market if we thought he could be had for only 90 mil.

Damn at the 40 second mark of this, he went after the Kings being a small market and basically called them out for never attracting any top FA targets.

That’s uncalled for imo. This is gonna get ugly if he keeps talking and it’s gonna ruin the progress that the Kings have made towards being a playoff caliber team.

This isn’t worth $20M, Divac is better off just paying him that.

Damn at the 40 second mark of this, he went after the Kings being a small market and basically called them out for never attracting any top FA targets.

That’s uncalled for imo. This is gonna get ugly if he keeps talking and it’s gonna ruin the progress that the Kings have made towards being a playoff caliber team.

This isn’t worth $20M, Divac is better off just paying him that.
How about no, we should overpay him cause he thinks nobody will come here great move his ass than. He’s replaceable we’re not talking about Fox or even Bagley here

How about no, we should overpay him cause he thinks nobody will come here great move his ass than. He’s replaceable we’re not talking about Fox or even Bagley here
Exactly 20 million goes a long way i don't care what he think he's worth 90 million is plenty enough, again it was dumb to pay Barnes and that was the move that pretty much set us back a long way but no need to compound.

Other than Fox (Bagley jury out would not trade him atm) everyone else is expendable.

Last edited:
Exactly 20 million goes a long way i don't care what he think he's worth 90 million is plenty enough, again it was dumb to pay Barnes and that was the move that pretty much set us back a long way but no need to compound.

Other than Fox (Bagley jury out would not trade him atm) everyone else is expendable.
And this ladies and gentlemen, is how we end up never making the playoffs.

Are we going to throw a fit every time someone touches a nerve?

Because he's right. This is a backwater, loser franchise whose only path to relevancy is through homegrowing talent like we've been doing. Big name FAs don't sign here; everyone knows that. While everyone was begging to throw a 4 year max at Vucevic or whatever, they frontloaded Barnes' contract and went after 2-3 years deals with partial guarantees to seemingly be able to fit everyone into their plans.

You all better be prepared to hear something like this from Bagley in two years, who very much can be a diva. But maybe we're better off with some ho-hum role players and busts that won't be upstarts, for old time's sake.

This is also agent talk, btw.

The Kings seem to have their priorities wrong. They were busy splurging on the bells and whistles (Ariza) while trying to skimp on the necessities (Buddy).

You have to secure the foundation first and that starts with keeping Buddy. He is the most consistent player and the best offensive option on the team. It doesn't make any sense for the Kings to lowball him with a 4 year, 90 mil contract when they just handed out a 4 year, 85 mil contract to Barnes. If this is how they are undervaluing a core player, what chance do they have of retaining Fox or Bagley without a solid foundation? Further, a guy like Buddy, with his gravity, provides improved spacing for Fox and Bagley to be more efficient. The fit is there, the chemistry is there - why do you want to mess that up?

This is why the Kings are not a Championship Franchise. nickel and dimeing drama. Willie could tell the difference when he went to the Warriors. geez.
WCS could tell the difference? Is it because of the big deal he got with the W's? Oh, wait he got ................
Look at Bonzi Wells, DMC, IT and even Rudy Gay. The grass is not always greener and injuries happen.
Look no further at Steph Curry taking less on his first post rookie deal to allow the W's to build what they built. I know Buddy's older than Curry when he signed that deal, but Buddy and His Agent need to make the smart move and IMO that is a negotiation that leaves the Kings able to keep a good team around Buddy so he gets all those good looks at the hoop.

Buddy is not $50M better than Bogdan.

That said, split the difference at $101M and call it a day. If Buddy won't budge, trade him for young returning assets. Gary Harris + MPJ from Denver or Jaylen Brown + a future first from the Celts.
You are in for a rude awakening if you think Bogi is going to take an $13 mil per year contract.

I personally don't like Buddy's statement at all. If you really want to be here in the coming years and if you're committed to staying, you don't go out and talk like that.

I mean, does he thinks Vlade and the Kings are just going to give him 20 million more because he gave the public statement and put the pressure on them? I don't think it works that way.

You are in for a rude awakening if you think Bogi is going to take an $13 mil per year contract.
Please see my comments here (page 7 of this thread):

Yesterday at 8:07 AM

Hoovtrain said: the report, and from his mouth, is That he’s weighing the offer...not that he won’t sign it

KB02: Yea, "but he's not going to sign it" is my opinion. He would've done so already. He has all of the facts. Knows the community, knows the team, knows...I don't see it, barring an injury.

The Kings are smart. Sequencing the offers. Using Bogi's offer as an anchor for Buddy's value. We'll see.

Report Edit Delete

Please see my comments here (page 7 of this thread):

Yesterday at 8:07 AM

Hoovtrain said: the report, and from his mouth, is That he’s weighing the offer...not that he won’t sign it

KB02: Yea, "but he's not going to sign it" is my opinion. He would've done so already. He has all of the facts. Knows the community, knows the team, knows...I don't see it, barring an injury.

The Kings are smart. Sequencing the offers. Using Bogi's offer as an anchor for Buddy's value. We'll see.

Report Edit Delete
So, no point in using a PR offer as a basis for comparison.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is like asking a happy couple that just renewed their wedding vows if they could trade their spouse for your spouse and kid.
Beal is one of the most underrated players in the league stuck on a rebuilding/horrific Wizards team that won't be relevant again until he's probably past his prime. In your analogy, the Wizards would be an abusive alcoholic husband who owes the Russian mob several million dollars in gambling debt and Beal would be like the best friend girl from a Judd Apatow movie who is kinda cute but then takes off her glasses halfway though the film to reveal she's a supermodel.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I personally don't like Buddy's statement at all. If you really want to be here in the coming years and if you're committed to staying, you don't go out and talk like that.

I mean, does he thinks Vlade and the Kings are just going to give him 20 million more because he gave the public statement and put the pressure on them? I don't think it works that way.
You mean the best way to get a raise isn't to badmouth your boss at the company Christmas party then puke all over his pants?

Given the nature of restricted free agency, the team still holds most of the leverage, so Buddy is trying to use what he can. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume the team just brushes this off and doesn’t blink. Jason Jones’s piece today at the Athletic talks about how players/agents around the league are wary of this FO after they promised Cousins the Supermax and then turned around and traded him. Perception matters. And I think Vlade is attuned to that.

Buddy with the Bonzi move. He wont get that next year in RFA. GMs will be cautious with the uncertainty of the cap with revenues potentially blundering. China stopping all nba sales would drop the cap about $10 mil. Then add in people in the US upset and boycotting. Keep in mind the cap was projected to go up and teams set contracts accordingly. Many would beome over the cap and tax payers.

WCS could tell the difference? Is it because of the big deal he got with the W's? Oh, wait he got ................
Look at Bonzi Wells, DMC, IT and even Rudy Gay. The grass is not always greener and injuries happen.
Look no further at Steph Curry taking less on his first post rookie deal to allow the W's to build what they built. I know Buddy's older than Curry when he signed that deal, but Buddy and His Agent need to make the smart move and IMO that is a negotiation that leaves the Kings able to keep a good team around Buddy so he gets all those good looks at the hoop.
A smart move for Buddy and his agent is to sign the biggest deal. A smart move for the Kings was to get a deal done without this petty small time time franchise negotiation in the media heading into a very important season with a new head coach.