what was the last movie you watched?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
A space movie would have to be really bad for me not to like it but there is lots of eye candy as far as space and then Brad Pitt is terrific.
You are absolutely correct in the above. :)

The movie is deliberately paced, with some action sequences that do not dominate the movie. Brad Pitt is very good here.

There are some plot holes, but this movie is largely character-driven so they don't take away as much from the performances or drama of the film.

Overall it was decent. Not great, but I also am not upset that I went to see it in the theater.

You are absolutely correct in the above. :)

The movie is deliberately paced, with some action sequences that do not dominate the movie. Brad Pitt is very good here.

There are some plot holes, but this movie is largely character-driven so they don't take away as much from the performances or drama of the film.

Overall it was decent. Not great, but I also am not upset that I went to see it in the theater.
Did both of you like Gravity? A lot of people I knew hated it, but I loved it. Saw it on IMAX 3D and it was the most spectacular movie going experience ever . Sounds like this may be similar in the way my friends are trashing it

Did both of you like Gravity? A lot of people I knew hated it, but I loved it. Saw it on IMAX 3D and it was the most spectacular movie going experience ever . Sounds like this may be similar in the way my friends are trashing it
I did like Gravity quite a bit. Besides all the elements of space, great acting by the leads in both films.

Just watched Joker this morning. Made to be as realistic as possible, in other words, Joker didnt fall into a vat of acid.

man, this movie is dark indeed as some reviews said. Mental illness dominated the movie, Joaquin Phoenix May just win an award for this. There was some security at the theater contributing to the aura surrounding the film. There was a few audience members at the theater chuckling or laughing just briefly in the wrong spots making the experience a tad unsettling. As soon as the movie was over I got out as I had visions of something bad possibly happening. im not one to let my imagination run away like that.....no joke.

Finally, I loved the movie. Lots of Batman and Joker takes on the characters and I like them all with Christopher Nolan’s trilogy my favorite. But this was a fresh take. I do recommend it.

I've tried 3 different times to watch Gravity. I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't grab me.
I'm guessing you missed it in the theater? That's a movie that works really well on a big screen but at home it can be hard to get into. Especially if you missed out on the theater experience the first time 'round and so have no residual memory of that experience to push you through. I bought the Blu Ray but I'm not really sure why because I haven't watched it since I bought it but I also agree with Hoovtrain that it was one of the best movie watching experiences I've had in a theater. It basically felt like I was falling and gasping for breath for 90 minutes straight!

I guess if you do want to give it another go, you could try to recreate the theater experience as much as possible. Find somebody with a big screen and a loud sound system, watch it with a group, make yourself a big bowl of popcorn, turn of your phones so nobody will be distracted, and commit to sticking it out all the way through. You'd still be missing out on the 3D but it's more of a thrill ride than a traditional narrative so I think you have to give yourself over to it to a certain extent to really get what the appeal is. Then again, if you've already tried 3 times it might be best just to give it a pass. :)

I'm guessing you missed it in the theater? That's a movie that works really well on a big screen but at home it can be hard to get into. Especially if you missed out on the theater experience the first time 'round and so have no residual memory of that experience to push you through. I bought the Blu Ray but I'm not really sure why because I haven't watched it since I bought it but I also agree with Hoovtrain that it was one of the best movie watching experiences I've had in a theater. It basically felt like I was falling and gasping for breath for 90 minutes straight!

I guess if you do want to give it another go, you could try to recreate the theater experience as much as possible. Find somebody with a big screen and a loud sound system, watch it with a group, make yourself a big bowl of popcorn, turn of your phones so nobody will be distracted, and commit to sticking it out all the way through. You'd still be missing out on the 3D but it's more of a thrill ride than a traditional narrative so I think you have to give yourself over to it to a certain extent to really get what the appeal is. Then again, if you've already tried 3 times it might be best just to give it a pass. :)
that would be a movie I hope they rerelease into the theatre at some point, I generally am not a huge fan of 3D , but that was spectacular . You hit the nail on the head On how it felt to watch it

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

The nearest movie theater is well over an hour away. The last film I actually saw on a movie screen was ... hrm ... err... let's just say it's been at least 5 years or more.

I own a copy of the film so I might, at one point, give it another try. My new generator (thanks to PG&E's bungling) allows me to run pretty much my whole house so next time they pull the plug I might pull it out and watch it.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
oh and watch breaking bad immediately Warhawk ;)
Hey, I'm still trying to get caught up on Blacklist and The Expanse. Plus I have all my normal TV shows firing up to stay on top of. And I'd like to get to Game of Thrones at some point. Oh, and the Man in High Castle if I can get into it.

Quit being so demanding. :p

Alien: Covenant,

It's basically a sequel too Prometheus. I came across an explanation of a story arc that exists between Alien,Predator, and Bladerunner, so, having already seen Prometheus, I decided to watch Covenant. The story arc of the 3 franchises is pretty great.

It's basically a sequel too Prometheus. I came across an explanation of a story arc that exists between Alien,Predator, and Bladerunner, so, having already seen Prometheus, I decided to watch Covenant. The story arc of the 3 franchises is pretty great.
I sure hope that there is another Alien movie after Covenant.......its set up for the next one but I’m not sure Ridley Scott is going to make another one.

I loved it. Also thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus