How would you spend the Kings $35 million cap space this summer?

Entity

Hall of Famer
What's Warren's injury again? I would be interested for the right deal. Would add some good depth.
He had an ankle injury. Nothing broken. Missed last 33 games. I’m thinking he just didn’t want to injure it worse playing for nothing. But 12 mil a year for next 3 years. Be a great back up SF. With starting abilities in case of injuries. 3&D guy for sure. I’ve wanted him for a few years. But if you get him you center is not gonna be a 20 mil guy

Entity

Hall of Famer
On second thought TJ hasn’t played more than 60 but twice in 5 years. Never over 66. Missing 20-40 games a year? Nah I will pass

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's very possible that the Kings and the Lakers are going to be competing for some of the same FAs. Corey Joseph is an example. The Lakers need a ball handler other than James, one that can shoot outside and play defense. Joseph would be perfect for them. He also would be perfect for the Kings, but in a sub role. And then there is the center position. With no center other than Wagner, the Lakers will be looking for a starting center, which puts the Lakers and the Kings as direct competitors. If the Kings can manage to sign one or two guys that the Lakers want, it could be a twofer for the Kings because it will hinder the Lakers. But it could also be bad for the Kings if the Lakers can sign one or two guys that the Kings want. The Lakers need to add two starters and probably four legit subs to fill out their roster. The Kings don't need as many new players and can pay more per player. The Kings have the $, but the Lakers will hold out the promise to free agents that they can get a ring, but need to play for next to nothing. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
about 6 minutes ago
Oklahoma City has increased its efforts this afternoon to shed salary along with the No. 21 pick en route to dodging luxury tax, league sources say. Steven Adams, Andre Roberson, Dennis Schroeder all very available at the moment.

I still think getting Schroeder for Yogi costs 12.35m cap space and 21st pick gets us a Backup PG and a Backup SF wing in Draft

20m Barnes,12m this deal and still have money for a starting C

Why give a 2nd away to Knicks for Frank when we can get PG and a 1st rd from OKC

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...The Lakers need to add two starters and probably four legit subs to fill out their roster. The Kings don't need as many new players and can pay more per player. The Kings have the $, but the Lakers will hold out the promise to free agents that they can get a ring, but need to play for next to nothing. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.
I don't think that's a promise the Lakers are in a position to make. They barely have enough players to put a team on the court. As everyone in sports watches the ongoing trainwreck that is the Lakers, I suspect agents are gonna be taking a long hard look at other options for their prized players.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I don't think that's a promise the Lakers are in a position to make. They barely have enough players to put a team on the court. As everyone in sports watches the ongoing trainwreck that is the Lakers, I suspect agents are gonna be taking a long hard look at other options for their prized players.
exactly right. Golden state started 5 All Stars and had a pretty decent bench. few injuries and no championship. LA currently has 2 all stars and thats pretty much it

If I was a draft prospect I would also think twice about working out for them. Yes it's the Lakers, but you better have your bags packed if they pick you, cuz they can and will trade you in a blink of an eye.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
about 6 minutes ago
Oklahoma City has increased its efforts this afternoon to shed salary along with the No. 21 pick en route to dodging luxury tax, league sources say. Steven Adams, Andre Roberson, Dennis Schroeder all very available at the moment.

I still think getting Schroeder for Yogi costs 12.35m cap space and 21st pick gets us a Backup PG and a Backup SF wing in Draft

Why give a 2nd away to Knicks for Frank when we can get PG and a 1st rd from OKC
Schroder would be a awesome back up to have, he is a streaky player though. He can shoot you in a game and very well out of it too, his shot selection is questionable.

about 6 minutes ago

OKC really interest me as a trade partner. Each one of Adams/Schroeder/Roberson could contribute to varying degrees for us next season depending on what we send back, and we would get the 21st pick to go along with it. Nice haul for eating a contract that won't really kill us.

OKC really interest me as a trade partner. Each one of Adams/Schroeder/Roberson could contribute to varying degrees for us next season depending on what we send back, and we would get the 21st pick to go along with it. Nice haul for eating a contract that won't really kill us.
yeah, i think we could be really good partners with them too, especially since we can S&T them WCS for Adams as a replacement. Adams only 2 years left on his deal is absolutely perfect for our contract situation and Giles and Bagley get a defensive mentor. I'd take PPat on too if they wanted for them to shed more cap.

Something like:

WCS (10-12 mil)+47 for Adams+Ppat+21

about 6 minutes ago

Vlade should be all over this. Adams would be awesome.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree with you. However, this may be a situation that the perception is the reality, and with media going whole-hog on the Lakers they may get some players that are willing to play for much less. If I'm a competitor of the Lakers I'm talking about LBJ's age, Anthony Davis's injury history, and that it's an "impossible dream" to get six legit players signed for such little money. I also mention as an aside that Cousins made a deal with the Warriors totally expecting to get a ring under circumstances much more favorable than the Lakers' circumstances and now he's one year older, no ring, and no big money.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree with you. However, this may be a situation that the perception is the reality, and with media going whole-hog on the Lakers they may get some players that are willing to play for much less. If I'm a competitor of the Lakers I'm talking about LBJ's age, Anthony Davis's injury history, and that it's an "impossible dream" to get six legit players signed for such little money. I also mention as an aside that Cousins made a deal with the Warriors totally expecting to get a ring under circumstances much more favorable than the Lakers' circumstances and now he's one year older, no ring, and no big money.
I was with you right up until the point you made about Cousins...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
How so? Cousins to me seems like a cautionary tale for any FA that wants to play on the cheap for a so-called championship contender.
For the simple reason Cousins wasn't ring chasing IMO. He went to a team for a year when a lot of GMs wouldn't touch him because of the questions regarding his ability to return to full strength. I don't think his situation was in any way similar to guys who are healthy and obviously just looking for the jewelry.

Having said that, I do agree that some FAs will need to look long and hard at the potential of the Lakers (even with LBJ and AD) to get past a lot of strong Western teams. Maybe it's just me, but I refuse to believe those two will be the magic bullets. The Lakers FO will find a way to really muck it up - even more than they already have.

Suns traded Tj Warren to Pacers for cap space. Could possibly mean that Bojan Bogdanovic is more available and if Suns are trying to create cap space then maybe Oubre is more available too.