[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - Wednesday, April 10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted that as good as Simons and Skal may wind up being, both dudes were incredibly hot tonight. Simons had 37 points on 21 shots while only taking 6 FTs which is next level efficiency for a guard and probably ly unsustainable on a night where he spent most of the second half being guarded by Frank Mason.
I hope that if we have 2 midget PG's next year one of them's name is Tremont Waters, and the other is Yogi Farrell.

Before the end of the season I was confident we’d reach about 45-47 wins next year. Not sure we’ll reach 41 anymore.

I think that depends heavily on their half court system. Just as much as many thought pace would be a difference for last year to this year (and it was), I think pick and roll as the first option play, or at least being used more is the difference between the team going plus/minus 10 games.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, They rested their starters the entire game.
And we were blowing them out when our actually important players were playing.

Now I can see how this would be a huge blow if you were in the "Frank Mason and Troy Williams are viable NBA players!" contingent but I wasn't so things went pretty much as expected once Bogi and Bagley went out.

And also Joerger apparently hasn't figured out how to scheme against a zone, which was probably the biggest reason for the loss.

How are u guys upset, our starters were beating them brutally and we called off the dogs.. thats what happens.. It's not some tactical error, it is completely negligible..
Because getting Swanigan an extra 8 minutes is ****ing stupid when you could energize a fan base for the entire offseason by just putting this game away. It was weird and then it got worse by putting in the deep deep bench. They also didn't even attempt to defend, they literally let POR walk the ball up and get into early offense with no attempt to stop it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm seeing a lot of "good season".

Yea, maybe. Maybe not. 2nd half isn't something to just brush off. I was and might still be on the "good season" stance but this has been an absolutely putrid team for a few months now that has changed my mind a bit.

The youngsters progressed so that's nice.
Great first half.

Very bad second half.

Slight positive. Not nearly as positive as it’s going to be pushed as.

You guys are absolutely ridiculous as always. We played our damn 3rd stringers second half, if starters we're being utilized, we win easily.

Our starting lineup of young potential stars is what is exciting about this franchise. Let's not get our panties in a bunch over meaningless game.

Next season will be the same revolving door of whining when we lose and saying we are a potential dynasty after every win. You look stupid asf.
All that's true, but if ever there was a moral victory notching 40 wins this year would have been it.

12 hours ago I was debating whether to drop a grand to sit behind the team bench tonight with a thank you sign for the team. The only thing that stopped me was I did my taxes last night and I will say I'm a lot saltier about tonight's game than I am about the checks I'll be cutting next week.

eta: I was also weary this is what would happen on the last night of the season, which is the other reason I skipped. I hate being right about this type of crap.

With actually naming names (*coughWCScough*) who would you say are the guys who DGAF?

I know Fox, Buddy, Bagley, and Giles always care, not sure about who beyond that.
Bogi - my man - he spews like a poker player on tilt these games. For one.... the overall surrender is on all of them. No defensive heart. Disgusting complacent guys - can’t believe it.

All that's true, but if ever there was a moral victory notching 40 wins this year would have been it.

12 hours ago I was debating whether to drop a grand to sit behind the team bench tonight with a thank you sign for the team. The only thing that stopped me was I did my taxes last night and I will say I'm a lot saltier about tonight's game than I am about the checks I'll be cutting next week.
Would have loved 40 wins but damn does it really matter lol

Not sure what Vlade’s done to be extended this year. Burks/Shump, questions about Doncic, now possibly Skal

I’m still on board with Joerger though
Skal had a revenge game, he isn't even in the Blazers rotation and Nurkic is out for the season. Ben McLemore lit up the Kings at one point.

I'm seeing a lot of "good season".

Yea, maybe. Maybe not. 2nd half isn't something to just brush off. I was and might still be on the "good season" stance but this has been an absolutely putrid team for a few months now that has changed my mind a bit.

The youngsters progressed so that's nice.
a 12 win uptick is huge progress! it's been a GREAT season, not a good one. This team... is a team, there's an identity here, a blueprint, large amount of it is fleshed out already...

look at the ball movement, if you arent excited about the way the kings move the ball u need to get your pulse checked.

even beyond the record, we got our hands on Harrison Barnes for cheap! We'll see if Swanigan pays dividends next year. Number 2 pick Bagley looks fantastic. Giles made it thru the season without much wear and tear, and he's shown the flashes. Willie is obviously a legit starter in this league, pretty much improved in every statistical category. Fox is the goods, obviously, he showed this year he's the fastest player in the NBA and a legit 20/10 /2stls threat for many years to come. Buddy Bombs were amajor thing this year, he ignited and went supernova this season.

and ya know there's plenty of addition by subtraction to come, with all the positives we've remained extreme flexibility, vlade's done a commendable job remaining patient....

also this season was huge on the balance sheet... .Kings hopefully saved up some warchest for the future having one of the cheapest rosters all season..

when u really think about Zach Randolph being the highest paid player on this team for a bulk of the games, and not playing a minute... we did pretty good... our core group of guys has nothing to hang its heads about.

Last edited:
I like that this will make Joerger uncomfortable. I'd rather have him sweat it and attempt to fix himself than take satisfaction in the team's performance this year.

I would understand if our starters were the ones responsible but at one point we ran a Swan/Troy Williams/BJ Johnson/Frank Mason/Yogi lineup which isn't going to win many games.
Right the question is DJ never played those guys last year when it was in our interest to lose. But this year when we needed the win for a positive feeling going into free agency and next year he sits the guys he never sat last year.

F Dave Joeger.... the front office has wanted to fire him all year. They can’t do it soon enough.

Last edited:
This game won’t be what cost him his job. But it lost him a ton of supporters. Very odd to see such a disconnect between a coach and the fans.

This game alone shouldn't. Also that disconnect happens all the time. Like every other year here, haha. For the first time in a long time the Kings have a lot of talent that does make some sense as a roster. There is no excuse with the talent Vlade put together for this to start heading the other way. I'll say it again, exit interviews and data analysis are really important in the next few days. If Vlade listents to Doug Christie alone that will help. DC has been spot on for a long time about almost everything going on strategically.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It makes them borderline G-league players abusing our 2nd stringers
But they were largely abusing our G-Leaguers and not our second stringers though.

Caleb, Troy, and BJ (whoever the hell that is) all played time in the G-League this season. Frank hasn't for whatever reason even though he should (and he looked bad for most of Summer League). Yogi and Corey both also saw time at the end of the game and while both are benchers and solid guys, they aren't exactly impact game breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.