Following 2019 draftees!!!

I thought Fernando was awesome in that loss. He looks like a possible lotto pick to me. IDK how many C's there are better than him in this field. 77% ft shooter too, complete player.

Holy cow, his family genetics is just unfortunate and horrible. You can't make this stuff up. His older sister Cierra has had 5 ACL tears, with the first one coming in 8th grade. She was forced to medically retire(although I think she attempted a comeback). His other older sister Bri ALSO suffered a torn ACL. Michael's spine and back injury is also very severe. Now Jontay suffers 2 ACLs within 6 months?

I feel so bad for them. They're also vegetarians which I wonder whether or not it plays a role in any of this.

I think Porter would be worth a gamble in the 2nd round, but you're talking about 2 years before he even steps foot on an NBA court.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Those shots he took towards the end of the game was just... rough. Nathan Hoover should've touched the ball, he was red hot today. Ahh, you live and die by Fletcher Magee. I feel bad to see his last game go out the way it did.. but making it to the 2nd round of the tournament is a very good accomplishment.
Yeah, I felt sorry for him as well, but he found out that it's a different story when your guarded by taller more athletic players. But hey, he had his few minutes of fame. Of course he'd like to forget today. As you said, they made into the 2nd rd. They have nothing to be ashamed of.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Holy cow, his family genetics is just unfortunate and horrible. You can't make this stuff up. His older sister Cierra has had 5 ACL tears, with the first one coming in 8th grade. She was forced to medically retire(although I think she attempted a comeback). His other older sister Bri ALSO suffered a torn ACL. Michael's spine and back injury is also very severe. Now Jontay suffers 2 ACLs within 6 months?

I feel so bad for them. They're also vegetarians which I wonder whether or not it plays a role in any of this.

I think Porter would be worth a gamble in the 2nd round, but you're talking about 2 years before he even steps foot on an NBA court.
I mean, we have so many second round picks that we might as well

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

the entire Porter family or just the sister and Jontay?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Dam shame about Porter. What a bummer to spend a year healing you knee and then be right back to square one. I do agree though that if he's sitting there when we make our 2nd pick in the 2nd rd, grab him and hope he makes a full recovery. First thing I would do is take him to a good steak house.

Brandon Clarke was a monster yesterday, and to be honest, he's been dam good all season long. Would love to have him on the Kings. Especially after watching Willie sleep walk his way through the game yesterday. Someone drug test him, please!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
isn't Kyrie vegan as well?
Could be, but not sure on that one. Walton made the whole veggi diet thing famous, but for the wrong reasons. It seems to have more negative effects on big men, which would make sense because their carrying more weight. I'm sure a grass eater would tell me it's all nonsense.

Incredible finish to Duke/UCF! Zion and RJ came up big at the end. Heartbreaking for UCF though.
I thought that RJ got away with a dennis rodman stlye pushoff on the OREB before the game winner, i refuse to beleive the UCF bigman would get pushed that far under the rim under his own volition and the over-head angle was conclusive.

great game tho

from a draft watching standpoint tho... gotta think this game hurts Tre Jones... He can't shoot... they were guarding him like Ben Simmons out there, taunting him all game to shoot, and then with 3 minutes they re leaving him WIIIIDe open in the corners, and he pulled the trigger on one and it went sailing over the rim.... I want NOTHING to do with Tre Jones lol... U cant convince me that Tyus isn't WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better..

to me, trading for Tyus sounds like 100x better plan than drafting Tre. He's not really suitable here in Sacramento tho i'm not worried we draft him in the slightest. It's almost hard for me to believe he's gonna declare, it's not like his FT shooting is decent either, he's a non-shooter....

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Nassir Little having a big impact on both ends. I really like him as a fit for our team at SF. Shame he's going to be long gone before we pick.
Nassir would have had a better year if he had played on a team like Kentucky. N. Carolina is a role playing type team. Everyone has their role and they play a high low game a lot. Doesn't suit Nassir's strengths. He would have been better on a run and gun type team. The good thing though is that he's learning how to play a more diversified game, so he may end up being a better player. His only cost for the lesson is draft position.

UVA started diakite over Salt, which is long overdue, and Huff appears to be getting more mins.

Diakite is skinny but he sure is long and athletic, and he's got a midrange shot.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, so far I've only lost four teams in my bracket. And my overall bracket, final 8 and final 4 are still in tack. If I haven't mentioned it, I have Gonzaga winning the whole thing. I had them winning it two years ago and they got cheated out of it by the ref's getting every big man on their team in foul trouble. In case your wondering, I picked Villanova to win it last season.... So far so good.......

Well, so far I've only lost four teams in my bracket. And my overall bracket, final 8 and final 4 are still in tack. If I haven't mentioned it, I have Gonzaga winning the whole thing. I had them winning it two years ago and they got cheated out of it by the ref's getting every big man on their team in foul trouble. In case your wondering, I picked Villanova to win it last season.... So far so good.......
So frustrating man, and De'Aaron got jobbed by the refs vs UNC too, both ways, he was getting hammered and it was no-calls then ticky tack fouls on him...

I have 2 brackets this year one with Gonzaga winning the other UVA, both are looking healthy right now.

Good luck!

Can't wait to see what Brandon Clarke is gonna do next... I wanna log a prediction that his measurements at the combine are gonna be close to Marquese Chriss's from a few years back. He keeps -playing like this he might not even need to show up to the combine tho LOL.

Bit off-topic but this 6'7" 3-star SG Michigan has incoming next year looks like he could be pretty good. Cole Bajema.

Freshman Aaron Henry on MSU is having some kind of crazy breakout performance on a very big stage... He's very explosive and looks like about 6'6" with long arms.

Last edited:
How do you like Ponds? I watched some of his games a year ago, but I don't remember what I thought about him lol
I'ma believer. His handle is very good, he's got the ball on a string, and he's also a very good shooter. Was always vehement that the Warriors backup PG Quinn Cook was an NBA player (tho it took way longer than it should've) and I think Ponds could be headed for that type of role.

When he beat Marvin's Duke squad, that was pretty crazy, then he walloped Villanova, the eventual national champs next..

Ponds is worth taking a flier on IMO, for the Kings. He is a most excellent offensive player, also he's another lefty.. I think he could end up more efficient than Yogi or Frank -- who seem to have the green light when in the game, which is what Shamorie is gonna need to get on the floor.

He's not a true PG but he has a good feel for the game, gets a lot of smart steals and stuff like that, he anticipates well.

There are some minor traces of Isaiah Thomas to his game IMO

Ponds to the Kings, is like a hired gun or a mercenary. This wouldnt really be the development type of pick, it'd be a gamble to inject more firepower into next years team. Frank Mason only shot 21% from 3 this season, always hated that pick, gimmie Monte Morris anyday of the week. Yogi only shot 36% from 3 tho, Ponds could easily eclipse that, his offensive skill beyond the 3pt line is more advanced than Yogi's too, he's crafty while Yogi is more of the straightforward 'im gonna try to beat you to the spot' on the strength of his burst alone.

If Vlade has made it a priority, or a deal-breaker, that the PG's must be super-fast end-to-end, then Ponds is not the guy. I'm not sure how necessary that all is tho TBH, It's not like Yogi or Frank's speed really changed any games this season, and if they did, it certainly didnt outweigh the games where they came in and laid a bunch of bricks and we lost..

I thionk the Kings are pretty much set, so backup PG would be an obvious spot to try and upgrade, im not sure they are gonna put all their eggs in the basket of a 2nd rd pick tho -------- that was the plan with Frank Mason and it backfired... no?

Last edited:
I really, really like Dejon Jerrau Sophomore guard at Houston. He didnt get more than 12 or 15 minutes last night vs UK, i swear that kid is the best prospect on the team tho. He's 6'5" and slippery and decently long and athletic, plus he can shoot it.... Legit combo guards skills too.