Reviewing Bagley v Luka

One question...how is that litigate, relitigate and worship Doncic thread going???
The funny thing is, as the season wears on, Bagley is improving by leaps and bounds every game. All the while, Doncic has seemed to hit a wall and has been regressing as of late.

Doncic 3 point percentage has dropped to a very mediocre 33.0%. A concern for many draftniks, because he shot only 31% from 3 in euroleague.

Y’all gonna turn this into a Luka bash smh let’s stay on point we’d look really bad from a non-bias’s view, extremely bad
No, no, no sir. Can't have it both ways. If #77 had put up 35/10/10 tonight with Bagley having a subpar game -- you know we'd have had to read about it (that could still happen on Tues. for all we know). Furthermore, all season long -- especially the first 2 months of the season -- any time #77 had a stellar game while MB3 was not playing as much we had to read the same crap. So when the shoe is on the other foot, Bagley supporters should have a right to gloat about it too.

No, no, no sir. Can't have it both ways. If #77 had put up 35/10/10 tonight with Bagley having a subpar game -- you know we'd have had to read about it (that could still happen on Tues. for all we know). Furthermore, all season long -- especially the first 2 months of the season -- any time #77 had a stellar game while MB3 was not playing as much we had to read the same crap. So when the shoe is on the other foot, Bagley supporters should have a right to gloat about it too.
It just looks plain stupid when #77 is having a historic rookie season to gloat and bash, we just look foolish as a fan base doing that.

Bagley will be nice Luka will be nice let’s keep him out this thread he has his own let’s go bash that scrub there. This is for our young guys

Y’all gonna turn this into a Luka bash smh let’s stay on point we’d look really bad from a non-bias’s view, extremely bad
I dont care what "we" look like to a non biased fan lmao. This is KINGS FANS. If you are implying that there might/are fans of other teams lurking here so we should act a certain way to please them then you are off your rocker skillet!

Go Kings!!!

I wanted Bags over Luka before the draft.

It's gonna motivate the young guys that much more in the offseason.
Comment #1
I admit I was on the other side of the fence. I even asked once if Bagley can do anything besides dunk. Well I was wrong. He is very talented.

Comment #2
I've been thinking the same lately. Fox and Hield took major improvement strides this year and we don't want them to lose that drive.

It just looks plain stupid when #77 is having a historic rookie season to gloat and bash, we just look foolish as a fan base doing that.

Bagley will be nice Luka will be nice let’s keep him out this thread he has his own let’s go bash that scrub there. This is for our young guys
Nobody is bashing Luka.
Just pointing out the facts that it was predicted that Mr. Muffin and his dough body would peak and that has happed. He has a lot of weight beneath those shoulders. Now its caught up to him and he cant get over that wall.

Also, once people stop going for that pump fake, he is neutralized as effectively as wheeling a snack shack to the side of the court.

Nobody is bashing Luka.
Just pointing out the facts that it was predicted that Mr. Muffin and his dough body would peak and that has happed. He has a lot of weight beneath those shoulders. Now its caught up to him and he cant get over that wall.

Also, once people stop going for that pump fake, he is neutralized as effectively as wheeling a snack shack to the side of the court.
I'm sure this take will age well......

No question Luka has recently hit a wall this season while Bagley has been ascending. Bagley has also had the luxury of playing much less minutes, taking some time off for both his injuries, and he doesn't have to carry his entire team. It's really not surprising that Luka isn't playing well right now. He has almost no help and he looks exhausted. To assume he won't work on his body in the offseason though is just asinine. Guaranteed he won't be that "doughy" looking next season.

Marvin is peaking at the right time and does look like a future all-star. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Anthony Davis but even if he's only 90% as good you pair him with Fox, Giles, and Hield and that should be more than enough.

This is a very strong draft class. Trey Young is starting to look very good. At the end of the season multiple teams including the Kings, Mavericks, and Hawks will be very happy with their picks.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I dont care what "we" look like to a non biased fan lmao. This is KINGS FANS. If you are implying that there might/are fans of other teams lurking here so we should act a certain way to please them then you are off your rocker skillet!

Go Kings!!!
No, Joshoua has been around here for quite a while, and he knows as do I that there's a tendency for threads to go completely off topic. It happens all the time and to be honest, it can be a bit irritating. I mean there is a reason a thread is started. I think Joshoua was trying to head the diversion off at the pass. That doesn't mean he disagrees with what was said, or that he has some secret agenda concerning lurking trolls. No need to throw down the gauntlet.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ahem.

MAYBE I was wrong. Bagley has won me over like I never imagined he could.

Luka’s still a beast though. One bad game doesn’t change that. They’re 1A/1B at this point.
Luka vrs Bag's is a discussion that should take place two or three years from now. The NBA is all about adjustments. Those players that are capable of adjusting, become the stars of the league. Just my opinion, but so far, Bagley is adjusting quickly to what the other teams are doing to defend him. I think Luka has run into a bit of a wall. The league figures out what you like to do, and they take that away, or at least make it more difficult to do. If you can't adjust, you stagnant.

Like I said, lets see where they are three years from now, and then we'll have a clearer picture of who they are as a player.

Luka vrs Bag's is a discussion that should take place two or three years from now. The NBA is all about adjustments. Those players that are capable of adjusting, become the stars of the league. Just my opinion, but so far, Bagley is adjusting quickly to what the other teams are doing to defend him. I think Luka has run into a bit of a wall. The league figures out what you like to do, and they take that away, or at least make it more difficult to do. If you can't adjust, you stagnant.

Like I said, lets see where they are three years from now, and then we'll have a clearer picture of who they are as a player.
I agree about Bagleys development. Dude does things in-game now that in November he couldnt do. His step back jumper is looking quite nice! He has also obviously worked on his catch and shoot 3s. Dude has a whole arsenal just waiting to be developed. I'm really excited to see him develop!!

Coming into next season I think he is going to just FEAST from anywhere on the court.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, Joshoua has been around here for quite a while, and he knows as do I that there's a tendency for threads to go completely off topic. It happens all the time and to be honest, it can be a bit irritating. I mean there is a reason a thread is started. I think Joshoua was trying to head the diversion off at the pass. That doesn't mean he disagrees with what was said, or that he has some secret agenda concerning lurking trolls. No need to throw down the gauntlet.
Sorry, bajaden, but I disagree. He was trying to counter the comments about his guy.

Regardless? I'm gonna split out the Luka-Bagley stuff. Once again, we aren't going to pollute a whole lot of threads with that argument.

I wish I knew how to cobble together a clip of Luka's bricks, turnovers, and matador defensive sequences just for the fun of it. I'll pay somebody $10 for it if they know how.

Of course Doncic is a great player. But it was awesome and fun to kick his ass last night and I don't think Kings fans should have any mixed feelings enjoying that.

I don't really get this thread. He had a bad game, and still ended up with a double-double. That's what stars do. Their bad nights are good nights for mediocre players.

Go Kings!!!
Well I can tell you that as the season has gone along, non Kings are starting to come around that Bagley was the right pick....and that’s a fact (non Kings fans saying these things, not me)

No, not really at all. In fact If there is any bias, it’s on the side folks who still think they should have drafted Doncic
I don't think that's a bias, I think that is a valid opinion. If the Kings had Luka at the 3, Bogdon coming off the bench with Giles starting and signing an all-star calibre center this offseason, can any body really say that this team isn't at least as good if not better?

PG: Fox/Yogi
SG: Buddy/Bogi
SF: Luka/Barnes
PF: Giles/Beli
C: WCS/Kosta (replace with Vucevic, Valanciunas, DJ, etc)

A Luka, Giles, Vucevic frontline is insane as far as skills and passing ability.

I don't think that's a bias, I think that is a valid opinion. If the Kings had Luka at the 3, Bogdon coming off the bench with Giles starting and signing an all-star calibre center this offseason, can any body really say that this team isn't at least as good if not better?

PG: Fox/Yogi
SG: Buddy/Bogi
SF: Luka/Barnes
PF: Giles/Beli
C: WCS/Kosta (replace with Vucevic, Valanciunas, DJ, etc)

A Luka, Giles, Vucevic frontline is insane as far as skills and passing ability.
Well yes it’s opinion as well and everyone is entitled to theirs. But if someone is still banging that drum, it tells me that their opinion is in fact driven by their own personal bias.
And no, In my opinion that team is not better...it’s worse. Imo of course :)

Sorry, bajaden, but I disagree. He was trying to counter the comments about his guy.

Regardless? I'm gonna split out the Luka-Bagley stuff. Once again, we aren't going to pollute a whole lot of threads with that argument.
Na I was trying to keep Luka out of that thread so we could focus on Bagley/Fox/Giles

But if you wanna talk her we can, I’ll join in on bashing a kid who is averaging 20-7-5 while getting double teamed every game. It’s great that Bagley is doing good and I’m over that we passed on Luka. But let’s relax on it when the team he’s playing on is starting Dirk-Kleber- Powell. Hell Jalen Braunson is there 2nd best player let’s knock Lebron while we’re at it than.

I don't really get this thread. He had a bad game, and still ended up with a double-double. That's what stars do. Their bad nights are good nights for mediocre players.
Shenanigans. It’s fairly easy to put up 10 points when shooting it 19 times. Only have to hit 5 of them (less if you get to the line a few times).

Any NBA scrub could score 10 on 19 shots. No credit for doing that.

The rebounds were good. But nothing else he did last night screamed ‘star’ performance. It wasn’t a good night even for a mediocre player. BTW, Did you watch his defense? That aspect counts too.

It was one game, I get it. And he’s has a lot more good than bad (offensively). But let’s not exaggerate last night’s performance. It was pretty bad.