2019 NBA All-Star Weekend Events (merged)

Do you watch all of the All-Star Weekend events?

• Total voters
Alright well ESPN just replayed highlights from the rising stars game and...I wouldn't even call that basketball.

It was basically a skills competition. Players "defending" the paint by slowly trotting and letting the opposing player drive by for big time dunks.

Dumb.
I can’t watch these games just like the pro bowl but at least in football the risk of injury is high.

They've been the same for a long time now, not sure why anyone would be surprised. I thought it was more entertaining than the last couple of years just by virtue of having so much talent on the floor this year. But yeah, not really competitive.

The actual All-Star game is what usually disappoints me now. It used to be competitive about 10+ years ago. Players actually wanted to win. I'll more than likely just watch the highlights the next day.

At least we have something to watch tonight. I think Buddy has a great chance of winning the three point contest and if Fox doesn't get stuck on the three pointer, he should be a favourite for the Skills Challenge given his speed. Not that they mean a lot, but it might give the guys a boost of confidence going into the second half of the season.

Anyone who thinks that last year's All-Star game was not competitive, couldn't have actually watched it.
I'm pretty sure I actually didn't watch it. At least I don't remember watching it. So you got me there.

I won't be able to watch it live this year either, due to work the next morning. Haven't decided whether I'll watch the full game the next day or just the highlights.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I refuse to watch the games. The lack of anything resembling actual basketball just turns me off. And the stupid dunk contest rules they have now make that boring. I like the 3 point competition, or at least I will until they find a way to screw that up, too. Skills competition is OK as well, or at least it was the last time I watched. Might watch those two things today just because Kings are participating.

2 pts? Would I have been on De’aaron for his aggressiveness even here? Lol. But good to see the assists.

I definitely got Buddy here in this 3 pt contest. Ice in his veins, as we see nightly

I refuse to watch the games. The lack of anything resembling actual basketball just turns me off. And the stupid dunk contest rules they have now make that boring. I like the 3 point competition, or at least I will until they find a way to screw that up, too. Skills competition is OK as well, or at least it was the last time I watched. Might watch those two things today just because Kings are participating.
I mostly agree with all of this. Last years All Star game was actually a lot more competitive than it had been of late.

The dunk contest is my least favorite. It just got too gimicky for me.

C'mon Fox show em your skills.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah and Jokic double-dribbled before his three (although he was eliminated anyway). It's not really a skills competition. It's just something kind of fun/goofy to put on for the fans. It could definitely be improved though.
They nerfed the course, as it is: they used to have to hit a bounce pass, and a chest pass.

Is this one of the stronger three-point lineups in memory? Seems to be pretty stacked this year with all the genuinely best shooters in it (excluding Klay/Bertans). Gonna be tough for Buddy to win it but he can definitely do it if he doesn't under-perform.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That was actually pretty cool. I continue to stand by the belief that no sports league in North America (maybe not the world) does a better job of recognizing/honoring their legends than the NBA.