Coach Yogurt v. Bagley's dad (split/merge)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who knows if it's that easy. We sometimes forget these are 20 year old kids first learning how to live under their own roof. I'm in my 40's but still extremely passive aggressive towards my dad...the ill will a conflict will cause just isn't worth it for me. I choose to turn a blind eye to some things he does/says that I disagree with for the sake of a little bit of harmony. Of course for Marvin, his dad likely has a much bigger and direct impact on his life and public perception so he probably should put his foot down; however, maybe he generally feels the same way about confrontation. Ignoring blossoming rap career for the moment, he generally seems like an introverted guy who lets his play do the talking for the most part. Could be he just doesn't want to deal with his dad.
Hrm. Apparently you type faster than I do. ;) That's pretty much what I was saying, but obviously the father-son dynamic is probably better expressed by a son.

If we want to be sophmorish I could call his father Gagley or some such thing. Nice to know some people where born yesterday and have issues letting everyone know as much.

It's not so easy to go to a parent and tell them to quit meddling in your affairs. They are the reason why he's making millions to play a game he loves so I understand that you can't just go up to your dad, your #1 fan, and be like hey dad knock it off with all the support you're giving me because you're going about it the wrong way. Depending on what kind of person Marvin's dad is, it could completely break his heart because he's going to hear his son say "Dad, I don't need you" when he's been his biggest supporter.

This situations happens all the time in all facets of life, not just basketball. I completely understand it.

It's not so easy to go to a parent and tell them to quit meddling in your affairs. They are the reason why he's making millions to play a game he loves so I understand that you can't just go up to your dad, your #1 fan, and be like hey dad knock it off with all the support you're giving me because you're going about it the wrong way. Depending on what kind of person Marvin's dad is, it could completely break his heart because he's going to hear his son say "Dad, I don't need you" when he's been his biggest supporter.

This situations happens all the time in all facets of life, not just basketball. I completely understand it.
Dad I love you but you're acting like Lavar and it's impacting my relationships with teammates, fans and coaches. Shut the up, cool? LOOVE YA!!"