Bagley will start soon

Looking back at it now, I apologize for derailing the thread. I was in the heat of the moment and posted his dad's comments which took away from Bagley's very good first NBA start. Thread has gone all types of weird...so I hope to put it back in place.

I saw a nice right handed hook by Bagley in that video! ;)

Listen, the Kings haven't had a finisher like Bagley since DMC was traded.

In those situations where the Kings need a bucket to stop the other team's momentum, we now have a weapon in Bagley. I just hope the guards realize it and stop launching 3's every time down the court, when a nice high percentage 2 point shot will do.

GO KINGS!!!

Our recent games? Now this is fatuous stuff - selecting our recent (loss) games instead of the breadth of the season up to this point. The Kings have hovered around .500 for the season up to this point. Is .500 bad? No, it isn't. It is by definition neither good nor bad - it's right down the middle.
Your inability to understand specific points is very frustrating. You said it yourself - .500 is right down the middle. That doesn't mean we played "right down the middle" every single game. It's a mix of good and bad. And the last month or so, perhaps 6 weeks, we've been more bad than good. Or at least worse than we were to start the season. I doubt you would even disagree with that, so I have no idea why you're arguing the point. Hell there's even a thread in Kings Rap right now for that very reason, questioning if our style of play is sustainable. What I'm saying is not controversial. I never said we were bad on the season as you seem to be implying. We were discussing your argument that we're significantly better than the Mavs because of our seed position, and you willfully ignored our close records. 2.5 games is very little and can be turned around in a week. Like I said, I think we're better than the Mavs, but it's mighty rich for a Kings fan to be so arrogant in their self-assurance of superiority.

Apparently, some want to use the "bad" .500 record to dismiss Bagley's and Giles' performance, saying their statistics reflect "empty" stats of a losing team. It's a fool's errand.
Cool, go argue with those people, because I did nothing of the sort. Your inability to distinguish different points/posters/arguments, and your propensity to lump everybody that you disagree with into the same category, is not making your arguments any better.

Last edited:
Not only getting 22 and 11 on 50% shooting with a lot of mistakes.

But also against one of the Top 5 teams in the world. Oh and a 19 year old in his first start.

This kid will sleep walk to a 20 and 10 every night and it appears this fact is almost invisible to so many people and maybe even his coach.
I don't think Joerger is blind to it at all. He's bringing him along slowly. We've been much better at developing our young talent since he's been our coach. I get that it's frustrating for fans, but I trust Joerger. Marvin's gonna be a beast, especially about three years from now.

Doncic is a disease. And he’s distorting people’s perspective on this great young kid that is ours.

And it’s getting worse. It’s honestly pretty funny to watch real time since I don’t have any real stake in the game. Human psychology is fascinating
That's a pretty inflammatory post, but I doubt it'll be called out by any mods, because they likely agree with it. Human psychology certainly is fascinating, but probably not for the reasons you imagine. It's possible to be a fan of both Bagley and Doncic without tearing the other down. The main problem with this forum at the moment is that anyone graciously deemed to be a "Doncic fanboy" is automatically labelled as a Bagley-hater. I've seen very little Bagley hate, most people can see that he's incredibly talented too. But then any criticism or analysis that's not positive is assumed to be for nefarious reasons.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This has gone on long enough if you ask me. And if you really want to know why, I think all of the moderators need to take a look in the mirror. Are you here to control the narrative or are you here to keep the peace? The last time I tried to make this point my comments were deleted and nothing changed so I don't have much faith that a second attempt will be any different but I've been a member here for long enough that I feel at least one more attempt is warranted before I give up entirely. I think you're missing something in all of this which is that you can't decide a conversation is not going to take place without arbitrarily skewing every other conversation in one direction or the other. The sniping is hardly one-sided and if you really want it to stop (and I hope that we all do) you're going to have to do a lot better than quarantining comments into separate categories and issuing warnings to people who creep into the neutral zone. That's not a free exchange of ideas any more it's something equivalent to a war state.

As a lifelong Kings fan who's only ever rooted for one NBA team, the idea that you or Vlade Divac or Grant Napear or anyone else is going to take a stand and tell me I need to go root for a different team is beyond insulting. Can you imagine the GM of the Trailblazers telling Portland fans they should go root for OKC if they really wish he'd drafted Kevin Durant instead? For as much as Vlade's ability to unite people is given lip-service, he's done very much the opposite in his tenure in the Sacramento front office. He failed to find common ground between George Karl and the entire team and the result was the players blatantly quitting on the coach to an extent that I've never seen before and really the beginning of the end for DeMarcus as a part of this team. He's failed to find common ground between Brandon Williams and Dave Joerger and we still haven't seen how far down the rabbit hole that schism is going to go. And then he's got the nerve to call out the fans in an interview as if any of this is our fault.

You mentioned that the Dallas/Doncic fascination is unfathomable to you. We've got a 19 year old kid having maybe the best rookie season of the last 30 years and you're surprised that people on a basketball fan forum might want to talk about that? Why do you assume this is all about resentment over the draft? I've been disappointed with 90% of the Kings drafts I've personally witnessed. That disappointment eventually fades in time but it's barely been 6 months. I bet if Cleveland had passed on Lebron James in the 2003 draft there probably would have been a lot of Cavs fans wanting to talk about that throughout the following season. Are we not allowed to lament a draft pick while still rooting for the team as presently constituted? I thought that's what we've been doing here for years already. And considering how much NBA fans and analysts have loved to talk about Kobe and Shaq and Lebron throughout their careers, you better prepare yourself now because you're probably going to be hearing the name Luka Doncic an awful lot for the next 10-20 years. Have you considered the possibility that it might be better for the fans to get this all out now rather than sweeping it under the rug and reacting to the name with a Pavlovian shiver every time someone brings it up?

At no point in the last 15 years have I felt like I was not allowed to state my opinion here which is why I've stuck around for so long, through what must be some of the worst managerial incompetence any fan-base has been forced to endure. It was not fun being a Kings fan for most of the last decade but it was interesting at least. And in any case we had each other to commiserate with. And I do consider you and so many others here to be my friends so I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or stir up something just for the heck of it. With that in mind. I'm going to state this as delicately as I can: if this is the new direction of this message board -- if any attempt to counter vitriol with measured analysis is going to be branded as seditious and unwelcome then there's really nothing else to be said. This forum will have out-lived it's usefulness as a venue for rational discussion. Yeah I'm mad about the draft. But I'm twice as mad at anyone telling me I'm not allowed to be mad about it or rather that I should take those feelings elsewhere because this is a place only for like-minded Kings fans who fully embrace the Bagley Future we're all lucky to be a part of. It all feels weirdly jingoistic not just in the way the symbolism of the NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY is invoked as this bastion of unimpeachable decency but also in the way that attempts to express a contrary opinion are clearly held to a different standard.

Maybe you're right and the vast majority of the fanbase is crying out for a place where they can discuss ALMOST all things Kings without the threat of comments which might upset the status quo. I agree that forcing every discussion in one particular direction is blatant trolling and who has the time or the patience to deal with that? Those posters should be warned. Maybe they already have been. I don't agree though that the mission of this particular board has been to protect people from discussing potentially inflammatory topics. We've disagreed on an awful lot over the years and we're never going to agree on everything. The only thing different about this situation is that the standard of discourse seems to have settled into a place of thinly-veiled sniping and stayed there. And apparently that extends now to the coaches, some of the players, relatives of said players, and the General Manager. Yikes! I think everyone involved should probably take a moment to reflect on who they want to be and see if maybe they're being a tad close-minded about things? This whole community things functions a lot better when we're actually listening to each other rather than looking for a better comeback.
I never said nor did I mean to imply some of the things you have said. What I did try to convey is that too many threads are being derailed because of the underlying conflict over the non-selection of Luka Doncic.

Did I say it in the best possible way? Maybe not. I'm not perfect. I spoke from the heart as a FAN and a moderator. Moderating a sports message board is not an exact science. It is often a thankless task, but one that has kept Kingsfans.com around when other boards (unmoderated) have long since gone by the wayside. Trying to keep the peace without intentionally having a negative impact on the ongoing discussions is a lot like herding cats. We mods have to consider both what is actually posted on the forum and what is said in private messages to one or more of us. We don't take action on particular posters without careful consideration. We want to allow as many posters as possible to feel comfortable posting here, without fear of being unnecessarily attacked or belittled. We also want posters to be themselves as much as possible, both the gregarious and the more laid back. It's a very narrow and flimsy fence we try to straddle. We do have board rules as a guide - maybe people should take a moment to review them. We are not trying to stifle good discussion. We all yearn to return to the time when this board was jumping with lively conversation about a really, really, really good team. We're well on our way.

Your post is full of insight and, although I don't agree with all of it, it is something I hope everyone will read and consider. Have I personally at times been overly-strict? Yep, I'm sure I have. I am human after all - and no matter how hard I may try, my emotions and personal beliefs may sometimes affect my judgment. I have been doing this for a very long time, though, and I'm usually able to separate mod POV from personal fan POV.

Bottom line in all of this? You made a good point:

This whole community things functions a lot better when we're actually listening to each other rather than looking for a better comeback.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I agree with @KingsFanSince85 . I've always enjoyed your posts, even when I don't agree. If I'm thinking of trolls or people who are behaving "trollish", you don't come to mind. Much of this post seems pointed in some people's particular direction, so I won't touch it as it's not my business.

I will say that it is the history of this forum to complain about draft picks and that's not a big deal. But it's also very reasonable to expect this forum to slant in favor of the Kings and the players they drafted. No matter how hard some pull the other way there is always going to be resistance. Those pulling are going to be in the minority and should expect push back.
Push back I expect. Any sports-related discussion is going to involve that on some level. It's different when the push back also involves moderators closing topics, moving posts, and trying to control the conversation. There are other topics we don't discuss on this board because they always lead to arguments and they aren't Kings related. This whole Doncic thing is Kings related though. Yes there are some emotions involved and fingers being pointed but I don't think we're going to eliminate that by stopping the conversation. It's a conversation that needs to play out organically by allowing people to vent and bounce off each other and be heard. Then when the emotions subside it will return to being a discussion about basketball again. If individual posters are crossing the line then deal with those posts, don't forbid us from talking about it.

To be clear, what I think has "gone on long enough" are all the stupid insinuations and finger pointing from everyone. It's childish and below the standard of conversation we've been able to maintain here for so long. If you have a point to make you can make it without turning your comments into a polemic. I understand why the moderators feel like they need to execute a heavy hand, I'm just trying to point out that that strategy has proven to be counter-productive. I truly believe they are just trying to do their best to control an ugly situation. The only thing I'm personally offended by is anyone telling me I'm not a Kings fan because I enjoy watching other basketball players from time to time. That's not exactly what's happened but some of the comments have come damn close. I don't think anyone was pointing a finger at me specifically but I don't think it's fair to accuse anyone in that manner. Let the Doncic fans have their say. Let the Bagley fans have their say. Let the truth win out. We're all Kings fans in the end. I think that's getting lost in the shuffle here.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Your inability to understand specific points is very frustrating. You said it yourself - .500 is right down the middle. That doesn't mean we played "right down the middle" every single game. It's a mix of good and bad. And the last month or so, perhaps 6 weeks, we've been more bad than good. Or at least worse than we were to start the season. I doubt you would even disagree with that, so I have no idea why you're arguing the point. Hell there's even a thread in Kings Rap right now for that very reason, questioning if our style of play is sustainable. What I'm saying is not controversial. I never said we were bad on the season as you seem to be implying. We were discussing your argument that we're significantly better than the Mavs because of our seed position, and you willfully ignored our close records. 2.5 games is very little and can be turned around in a week. Like I said, I think we're better than the Mavs, but it's mighty rich for a Kings fan to be so arrogant in their self-assurance of superiority.

Cool, go argue with those people, because I did nothing of the sort. Your inability to distinguish different points/posters/arguments, and your propensity to lump everybody that you disagree with into the same category, is not making your arguments any better.
Why don't you start at the beginning of the thread and work your way through. Then you'll be able to disentangle it all. I'm not going to do it for you. Hint: this isn't a thread that's entitled, "Mavs suck."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Push back I expect. Any sports-related discussion is going to involve that on some level. It's different when the push back also involves moderators closing topics, moving posts, and trying to control the conversation. There are other topics we don't discuss on this board because they always lead to arguments and they aren't Kings related. This whole Doncic thing is Kings related though. Yes there are some emotions involved and fingers being pointed but I don't think we're going to eliminate that by stopping the conversation. It's a conversation that needs to play out organically by allowing people to vent and bounce off each other and be heard. Then when the emotions subside it will return to being a discussion about basketball again. If individual posters are crossing the line then deal with those posts, don't forbid us from talking about it.
Posts are moved to keep discussions of like topics in like threads. When a sub-topic develops within a game thread, especially after the game is over, it can easily be overlooked. Moving some posts allows discussion to continue in a thread easily identified by those who might come late to the discussion. This is true for other threads that start out as one thing but evolve into something totally different.

Threads are closed for a variety of reasons. Most times, the topics being discussed continue in other threads anyway.

Moderating a sports board isn't an exact science. There are a lot of times when people could easily moderate themselves and prevent the whole situation from getting out of hand. All too often, however, people post things with the full and certain knowledge they will probably get reprimanded for it or have at least portions of their posts deleted but they post them anyway.

We mods aren't here to stop conversations or limit discussion. We're all a lot happier when there are lots of people here discussing a lot of stuff. It's a lot more fun. Remember, we're all Kings fans (Slim not withstanding at this point) and fans of the game of basketball. We want to share our love of the game and all things Kings. We really don't enjoy having to be the bad guy at times but we are not going to let this board go the way of KingsTalk (for example).

If people could work with us, at least once in a while, it would make our jobs a lot easier.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I never said nor did I mean to imply some of the things you have said. What I did try to convey is that too many threads are being derailed because of the underlying conflict over the non-selection of Luka Doncic.

Did I say it in the best possible way? Maybe not. I'm not perfect. I spoke from the heart as a FAN and a moderator. Moderating a sports message board is not an exact science. It is often a thankless task, but one that has kept Kingsfans.com around when other boards (unmoderated) have long since gone by the wayside. Trying to keep the peace without intentionally having a negative impact on the ongoing discussions is a lot like herding cats. We mods have to consider both what is actually posted on the forum and what is said in private messages to one or more of us. We don't take action on particular posters without careful consideration. We want to allow as many posters as possible to feel comfortable posting here, without fear of being unnecessarily attacked or belittled. We also want posters to be themselves as much as possible, both the gregarious and the more laid back. It's a very narrow and flimsy fence we try to straddle. We do have board rules as a guide - maybe people should take a moment to review them. We are not trying to stifle good discussion. We all yearn to return to the time when this board was jumping with lively conversation about a really, really, really good team. We're well on our way.

Your post is full of insight and, although I don't agree with all of it, it is something I hope everyone will read and consider. Have I personally at times been overly-strict? Yep, I'm sure I have. I am human after all - and no matter how hard I may try, my emotions and personal beliefs may sometimes affect my judgment. I have been doing this for a very long time, though, and I'm usually able to separate mod POV from personal fan POV.

Bottom line in all of this? You made a good point:
We're cool. :) There's a lot more to be excited about as a Kings fan right now than there is to be angry about. I've been trying to find a way into the conversation for awhile without having my opinion dismissed outright because I was vocally against drafting Bagley last year. The barbs have been flying so fast though that simply trying to have the conversation gets you lumped into one side or the other. I'm just hoping that we can call for a ceasefire and advance the conversation past the "I told you so" phase.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did you check who started talking about Doncic on this thread?
I help you, post #31, the first on second page. Then #32.
So I tried to ask if it was the case to discuss about Doncic here as well.
#35 and #38 again.
All of them from one side.

True. I wasn't that impressed with Bagley performance and Doncic has nothing to do with it.

I am the one. Better ask users who wrote posts #31 #32 #35 #38.
Fair points all. Hopefully we can all just take a deep breath and celebrate all the good things that are happening.

GO KINGS!!

Posts are moved to keep discussions of like topics in like threads. When a sub-topic develops within a game thread, especially after the game is over, it can easily be overlooked. Moving some posts allows discussion to continue in a thread easily identified by those who might come late to the discussion. This is true for other threads that start out as one thing but evolve into something totally different.

Threads are closed for a variety of reasons. Most times, the topics being discussed continue in other threads anyway.

Moderating a sports board isn't an exact science. There are a lot of times when people could easily moderate themselves and prevent the whole situation from getting out of hand. All too often, however, people post things with the full and certain knowledge they will probably get reprimanded for it or have at least portions of their posts deleted but they post them anyway.

We mods aren't here to stop conversations or limit discussion. We're all a lot happier when there are lots of people here discussing a lot of stuff. It's a lot more fun. Remember, we're all Kings fans (Slim not withstanding at this point) and fans of the game of basketball. We want to share our love of the game and all things Kings. We really don't enjoy having to be the bad guy at times but we are not going to let this board go the way of KingsTalk (for example).

If people could work with us, at least once in a while, it would make our jobs a lot easier.
Just a quick note, if you as a moderator say that threads being derailed into Luka vs Bagley discussion is a problem, then I dont think it helps that you as a moderator click like on the very first post on this thread that started it to derailing into Luka vs Bagley conversation.

I understand that moderating is not easy and often a thankless job but that was just a one observation

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just a quick note, if you as a moderator say that threads being derailed into Luka vs Bagley discussion is a problem, then I dont think it helps that you as a moderator click like on the very first post on this thread that started it to derailing into Luka vs Bagley conversation.
I'm also a fan and I'm also human. But whatever... I'm really sorry if you've missed the whole point of my last few posts.

Why don't you start at the beginning of the thread and work your way through. Then you'll be able to disentangle it all. I'm not going to do it for you. Hint: this isn't a thread that's entitled, "Mavs suck."
I've read it from the start. You and I were specifically discussing that point. Nothing else to it. No point moving the goalposts now.

Let's move on.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Bagley will easily be a 20/22 and 10-12 guy as soon as he has a starting role. He'll be close to or better than Doncic as an overall player, and he's far better for our needs.
Bagley should easily be a 20-10 type of player for the majority of his career. He did that as a Freshman at Duke after all. Probably more like 25 and 12 once he bulks up for a couple years. The uphill battle he's going to have to climb is that we're now 20 years removed from the last time front court players dominated the MVP conversation in the NBA. Anthony Davis is putting up insane numbers this season (29.3pts, 13.3rebs, 4.4asts, 1.7 stls, 2.6blks) and he can't even lead his team to a .500 record. It's a different time now where any team that is not volume shooting 3s is not winning, period. And James Harden, leading the league with 13.3 3PA per game, is going to be your back-to-back league MVP. It's a reality we all have to reckon with.

In the context of this team though, I can see why Coach Joerger has handled the roster the way he has. Bjelica and Cauley-Stein opened the season on fire and if we're going to stick with Cauley-Stein in the middle, we need someone at the PF spot who can space the floor. 5 years ago it was a luxury but it has become a necessity. Moving Bagley to the 5 makes sense or replacing Cauley-Stein with a big man who can shoot (Marc Gasol??) and keeping Bagley at the PF spot could work. Or if Bjelica is slumping maybe it's irrelevant. In any case, I wouldn't look at Minutes Played or Starts as an indictment of Bagley. He's acquitted himself very well for a rookie so far. Coach Joerger brought the young guys along slowly last year too and we're already seeing the dividends from that. After that Toronto game I personally think Bagley should be given a chance to stick in the starting lineup but I also think Coach Joerger, for all his detractors, has been doing a solid job of developing these guy and should be trusted to carry out his plans without interference.

Bagley should easily be a 20-10 type of player for the majority of his career. He did that as a Freshman at Duke after all. Probably more like 25 and 12 once he bulks up for a couple years. The uphill battle he's going to have to climb is that we're now 20 years removed from the last time front court players dominated the MVP conversation in the NBA. Anthony Davis is putting up insane numbers this season (29.3pts, 13.3rebs, 4.4asts, 1.7 stls, 2.6blks) and he can't even lead his team to a .500 record. It's a different time now where any team that is not volume shooting 3s is not winning, period. And James Harden, leading the league with 13.3 3PA per game, is going to be your back-to-back league MVP. It's a reality we all have to reckon with.

In the context of this team though, I can see why Coach Joerger has handled the roster the way he has. Bjelica and Cauley-Stein opened the season on fire and if we're going to stick with Cauley-Stein in the middle, we need someone at the PF spot who can space the floor. 5 years ago it was a luxury but it has become a necessity. Moving Bagley to the 5 makes sense or replacing Cauley-Stein with a big man who can shoot (Marc Gasol??) and keeping Bagley at the PF spot could work. Or if Bjelica is slumping maybe it's irrelevant. In any case, I wouldn't look at Minutes Played or Starts as an indictment of Bagley. He's acquitted himself very well for a rookie so far. Coach Joerger brought the young guys along slowly last year too and we're already seeing the dividends from that. After that Toronto game I personally think Bagley should be given a chance to stick in the starting lineup but I also think Coach Joerger, for all his detractors, has been doing a solid job of developing these guy and should be trusted to carry out his plans without interference.
Interestingly enough, Jonathan Tjarks suggested paring Bagley with Marc Gasol back in December 2017: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...6790032/marvin-bagley-2018-nba-draft-position

In the context of this team though, I can see why Coach Joerger has handled the roster the way he has. Bjelica and Cauley-Stein opened the season on fire and if we're going to stick with Cauley-Stein in the middle, we need someone at the PF spot who can space the floor. 5 years ago it was a luxury but it has become a necessity. Moving Bagley to the 5 makes sense or replacing Cauley-Stein with a big man who can shoot (Marc Gasol??) and keeping Bagley at the PF spot could work. Or if Bjelica is slumping maybe it's irrelevant. In any case, I wouldn't look at Minutes Played or Starts as an indictment of Bagley.
I was thinking about that when I read Gasol is available. Not sure Kings should do it, but that is an interesting possibility.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Interestingly enough, Jonathan Tjarks suggested paring Bagley with Marc Gasol back in December 2017: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...6790032/marvin-bagley-2018-nba-draft-position
Nice find! I missed this article when it was originally published but I think everything he says about Bagley here still applies. There's no question he's elite at what he does. It's just that every other trend in the NBA is moving in the opposite direction. Bigs are expected to be screen setters, rebounders, and shot blockers and otherwise stay out of the way. Or failing that, they need to be a legit threat from deep and shoot more than 1 or 2 of them a game. It'll be interesting to see what the Kings decide to do going forward. Having Buddy out there doing his best Steph Curry impression helps a lot though. Having a reliable 3pt threat at SF would help too. I don't see how we can play both Bagley and Cauley-Stein big minutes though in the future unless one of them becomes a knock down outside shooter.

EDIT: I like the Gasol fit because he also helps our defense and already has a relationship with Coach Joerger. There's no draft pick waiting at the end of the tunnel this year and we're 2 games out of a playoff spot -- this is the time to make something happen. I wouldn't sacrifice a core player, but we've got tons of expiring contracts to offer and cap space so we can save them a lot of money and help them tank. Maybe throw in somebody who is buried in the rotation like Skal or Frank Mason. I wouldn't mind picking up Nic Batum's huge contract as well if Charlotte throws in a lottery protected pick.

Last edited:
"If you want to win basketball games, shooting 50% from the field on all 2 point shots will lose you nearly every game."

If this didn't mean 3 point shots, then you weren't clear.

If all you wanted to say was he needs to shoot a higher percentage or shoot more free throws in order to increase his TS%, it was long winded way of saying it.
I was perfectly clear in my "long winded" response. You know enough about basketball to know exactly what I was talking about and exactly how a player can up their TS%. You're just mad that I refuted your quote about how shooting 50% from the field can be a bad thing in certain situations.

Going to the game tomorrow and sitting in the section behind the Kings bench. Im really interested in seeing how Bagley performs against Jackson. That will have some say in his case for starting sooner.

Bagley will easily be a 20/22 and 10-12 guy as soon as he has a starting role. He'll be close to or better than Doncic as an overall player, and he's far better for our needs.

He Will never. I mean never impact the game like Doncic. Doncic has HOF written all over him. He's years ahead of Bagley already and it's not close. Have you bothered to watch a single Mavs game this year?
I have watched at least 30 on my League pass. The guy is going to be one of the All Time greats! Don't be surprised when Free agents flock to Dallas in the off season. Put some talent around Doncic, Dallas will be back to 50 plus wins next year. I would not be surprised one iota.

1. Bagley is a front court player. This is not 1998. 1-3 are the most important positions on the court. Power forwards and Centers That cannot shoot, pass, and have unicorn skill sets are fewer and fewer in the NBA.
With the exception of Steven Adams and Rudy Gobert. Those aforementioned players and their teams both have a Top 10 defense.

2. Far better for the Kings needs? I would surmise 99 percent of basketball experts, coaches, and personnel will disagree with you. Doncic would have put the Kings in the playoffs this year and fast tracked the team to the championship within a couple years.

Sure, Bagley can become a 20-10 guy the rest of the year. I am not saying he won't be a good player. Maybe, an All Star at some point. But, Big men don't win championships. If you need a reference point, just look at the last 10 years of championships.

I was perfectly clear in my "long winded" response. You know enough about basketball to know exactly what I was talking about and exactly how a player can up their TS%. You're just mad that I refuted your quote about how shooting 50% from the field can be a bad thing in certain situations.
Nothing was refuted. The topic was changed from FG% to TS% and I indulged.

50% from the field is still good.

Are we really still quibbling about a single game where he was at 1.1 PPS instead of 1.3? He had a few possessions under the basket where he was stripped or blocked going up, where if his timing had been right he probably would have had a dunk or drawn a foul. Two plays go the right way and he's back on track. I have some concerns about Bagley's fit in the current NBA, but scoring efficiency is NOT one of them.

He Will never. I mean never impact the game like Doncic. Doncic has HOF written all over him. He's years ahead of Bagley already and it's not close. Have you bothered to watch a single Mavs game this year?
I have watched at least 30 on my League pass. The guy is going to be one of the All Time greats! Don't be surprised when Free agents flock to Dallas in the off season. Put some talent around Doncic, Dallas will be back to 50 plus wins next year. I would not be surprised one iota.

1. Bagley is a front court player. This is not 1998. 1-3 are the most important positions on the court. Power forwards and Centers That cannot shoot, pass, and have unicorn skill sets are fewer and fewer in the NBA.
With the exception of Steven Adams and Rudy Gobert. Those aforementioned players and their teams both have a Top 10 defense.

2. Far better for the Kings needs? I would surmise 99 percent of basketball experts, coaches, and personnel will disagree with you. Doncic would have put the Kings in the playoffs this year and fast tracked the team to the championship within a couple years.

Sure, Bagley can become a 20-10 guy the rest of the year. I am not saying he won't be a good player. Maybe, an All Star at some point. But, Big men don't win championships. If you need a reference point, just look at the last 10 years of championships.
This is unnecessary dude, the thread was just getting back to normal. I presume you're responding to either Blob or Hammer. I can't see, but you should use the ignore function, it makes life easier. Also I think your post deals in way too many absolutes, nothing is guaranteed.