Coach Yogurt v. Bagley's dad (split/merge)

I don’t know if any of you watched the Wire, but there was a scene where Marlo and his crew are in jail. He finds out that Omar is speaking his name on the streets and he just loses it. He couldn’t stand the thought of anyone tarnishing his name. “That’s my name!!!!” Clearly Jr takes the Bagley name VERY seriously even when someone accidentally gets it wrong.

You think the Yogurt comment is reference to the Marvin Gaye slip of the tongue?

I mean how many famous Marvins are there?

Gaye
Harrison
Martian

and probably most famously, Marvin Berry, cousin of the Great Chuck Berry who brought him Rock n Roll through a paradox.

You think the Yogurt comment is reference to the Marvin Gaye slip of the tongue?

I mean how many famous Marvins are there?

Gaye
Harrison
Martian

and probably most famously, Marvin Berry, cousin of the Great Chuck Berry who brought him Rock n Roll through a paradox.
I’m late to the thread but the initial coach yogurt comment was made by the announcer from the Brooklyn Nets when they introduce the coach. The Kings instagram actually repost this

I have no idea what all of this means....
Ya, it's pretty confusing, but when Marty McFly unwittingly drove 88 mile per hour in Doc's modified Delorean he transported back in time to 1955. During this time he met many people who are in his life during 1985. Somehow he accepts an offer to accompany his mom to a dance as his date, where she tries to kiss him. It's very awkward. In the mean time he aligns it where his father punches out Biff (the antagonist) in the movie and wins his mothers love back. During the melee Marvin Berry cuts his hand and he needs his parents to kiss and fall in love at the dance or he will disappear. So he gets on stage in Marvins absence and plays Johnny B. Good, a famous song by Chuck Berry. Marvin calls Chuck during the song being played to tell him about it, thus creating a paradox. It's your classic chicken or egg philosophical question.

Wait, what were we talking about?

I don’t know if any of you watched the Wire, but there was a scene where Marlo and his crew are in jail. He finds out that Omar is speaking his name on the streets and he just loses it. He couldn’t stand the thought of anyone tarnishing his name. “That’s my name!!!!” Clearly Jr takes the Bagley name VERY seriously even when someone accidentally gets it wrong.
Favourite show of all time

....and oh my god, Bagley's dad just took ANOTHER shot at Joerger. He has taken plenty at him, but this one is just bad.

This makes it very hard for anyone to deny that Bagley's post about Coach K wasn't a deliberately aimed at Joerger.
I think I know who's behind the drama with Williams and a minority owner or so... dad's goons been goin to work.

These kids and their parents. Geez its like little league. did fox parents act like this last year? heck Demarcus Cousins didn't start in 20 games and we know how he is. He didn't even act like this.
Lavar Ball has pretty much disappeared 1.5 years into his son's NBA career. Think Lebron and Magic put down the law on him.

Bagley 2.0 will be ghost by this time next year too.

There's a reason why player's parents rarely become a long term thing. Kids have more say very quickly when they become the main breadwinner.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
These kids and their parents. Geez its like little league. did fox parents act like this last year? heck Demarcus Cousins didn't start in 20 games and we know how he is. He didn't even act like this.
Mama Fox is incredibly supportive of her son, but I'm pretty sure she has never done anything like what Papa Bagley (or Daddy Ball) have done. People around here talk about being embarrassed about various things done by players. Well, what PB has done embarrasses me - not only for the Kings but for Marvin. You would think good old Dad would let his son prove himself without having to rely on daddy sticking up for him in some imaginary slight scenario. Joerger has IMHO done a credible job of bringing MBIII into the fold, allowing him to earn his time AND prove his worth.

Mama Fox is incredibly supportive of her son, but I'm pretty sure she has never done anything like what Papa Bagley (or Daddy Ball) have done. People around here talk about being embarrassed about various things done by players. Well, what PB has done embarrasses me - not only for the Kings but for Marvin. You would think good old Dad would let his son prove himself without having to rely on daddy sticking up for him in some imaginary slight scenario. Joerger has IMHO done a credible job of bringing MBIII into the fold, allowing him to earn his time AND prove his worth.
Bagley could put a stop to it by talking to his Dad, but I think he agrees with him. What's ironic is that everything about him as a draft prospect indicated he wanted to be here and would do whatever it takes, however he could. He seemed perfectly willing to be play whatever role was needed.
I hope that he starts. He may be justified in his opinions. But the jabbing through social media- we don't play that here in Sac, we aren't LA. The community will turn on him if he isn't careful. It's too early to tell if that's who he is and I still like him as a person, but please don't express entitlement on social media Marvelous One!

gunks

Hall of Famer
You gotta hope Marvin matures, he's really young so I take all the dumb stuff he says with a massive grain of salt, and obviously when you're an ultra-competitive number 2 pick who's thus far dominated every level of the game, you're gonna be chomping at the bit to show your stuff...

But!

His dad needs to STFU and disappear. How are you gonna complain after your son gets the start and puts up 20 shots? Idiot.

Makes one appreciate Big Cuz even more!

Every player has their negatives. Cuz may have a negative demeanor on court, especially when not getting calls, but he never acted up off court. And he and his family never acted out like we're seeing more and more today.

It's all about what a fan chooses to tolerate and not tolerate. We're all different.

Bagley could put a stop to it by talking to his Dad, but I think he agrees with him. What's ironic is that everything about him as a draft prospect indicated he wanted to be here and would do whatever it takes, however he could. He seemed perfectly willing to be play whatever role was needed.
I hope that he starts. He may be justified in his opinions. But the jabbing through social media- we don't play that here in Sac, we aren't LA. The community will turn on him if he isn't careful. It's too early to tell if that's who he is and I still like him as a person, but please don't express entitlement on social media Marvelous One!
Who knows if it's that easy. We sometimes forget these are 20 year old kids first learning how to live under their own roof. I'm in my 40's but still extremely passive aggressive towards my dad...the ill will a conflict will cause just isn't worth it for me. I choose to turn a blind eye to some things he does/says that I disagree with for the sake of a little bit of harmony. Of course for Marvin, his dad likely has a much bigger and direct impact on his life and public perception so he probably should put his foot down; however, maybe he generally feels the same way about confrontation. Ignoring blossoming rap career for the moment, he generally seems like an introverted guy who lets his play do the talking for the most part. Could be he just doesn't want to deal with his dad.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Either that, or like I suspect Lonzo Ball feels a lot of a time, there is the 'He's my dad so he must be right" mentality at play. One good thing? I seriously suspect Bagley will get some valuable counseling from guys like Vlade, Doug, Shumpert, Bogdan, etc. who can educate him in the ways of being a successful teammate.