Luka Doncic (the 'LET'S RE-LITIGATE THE PICK UNTO PERPETUITY~!' thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was always going to be causalities. Glad we avoided it by drafting Bagley. Doncic and Fox may have coexisted somehow but glad we dont have to worry about all of that. Bagley and Fox are legit
Fox and smith are nothing alike word is it’s carslie who hates smith for his low IQ and turnovers

There was always going to be causalities. Glad we avoided it by drafting Bagley. Doncic and Fox may have coexisted somehow but glad we dont have to worry about all of that. Bagley and Fox are legit
If Fox and Doncic were on the same team even if we got both of their A+ games we'd be discussing what to do with Buddy or Bogs right now and we'd probably be forced into a huge overpay on WCS.

That's the wonder here and what we have been done buy building a "team". Lately teams have been trying to replicate the "big 3" and they've retroactively been trying to establish that with past champions when in reality most of those teams had one alphas with a few all stars in the supporting cast. We're seeing teams that are acquiring multiple alphas blow up, and when it happens to Philly (which it already has) I am going to be in stitches.

If Fox and Doncic were on the same team even if we got both of their A+ games we'd be discussing what to do with Buddy or Bogs right now and we'd probably be forced into a huge overpay on WCS.

That's the wonder here and what we have been done buy building a "team". Lately teams have been trying to replicate the "big 3" and they've retroactively been trying to establish that with past champions when in reality most of those teams had one alphas with a few all stars in the supporting cast. We're seeing teams that are acquiring multiple alphas blow up, and when it happens to Philly (which it already has) I am going to be in stitches.
I think Fox-Buddy-Bog-Luka-WCS lineup works perfectly fine. That’s 3 elite shooters, 2 elite playmakers would be extremely hard to defend. Bogie would be coming off the bench tho

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think Fox-Buddy-Bog-Luka-WCS lineup works perfectly fine. That’s 3 elite shooters, 2 elite playmakers would be extremely hard to defend. Bogie would be coming off the bench tho
The way I see it is how many young guys can you have on a team trying to be an alpha? Actually think it could be a problem....but that is just a hypothetical. Fox is the guy for Sac. Doncic is the guy for Dallas. And before dismissing that they could make it happen together, I watched the end of the one Dallas game where they used Doncic as a pawn and the last shot went to someone else, a miss or turnover and Doncic was not a happy guy.

I think the best case scenario for both Bagley and Doncic is right where they are at. Doncic is the face of that franchise and Bagley is a perfect fit in Sac with Fox.

And before dismissing that they could make it happen together, I watched the end of the one Dallas game where they used Doncic as a pawn and the last shot went to someone else, a miss or turnover and Doncic was not a happy guy..
Yeah he stopped short of going ballistic but he wasn't happy he didnt get the last shot. Doncic commands the ball, sure he can play off it but it would take some working out. Working out that we dont have to do because Bagley fits perfectly and complements our franchise cornerstone Fox.

I have been a huge Doncic fan. I absolutley love the kid. He will be a superstar.

That being said, after reading and listening to whats going on with the mavs and DSJ, IMO, the kings dodged a serious bullet by not drafting Doncic. Doncic needs the ball and so does Fox. This team would not be what it is today and its future would be in doubt had they drafted Doncic. I can't even imagine what kind of personnel moves would have had to be made to get all the players on the same page and to get the most out of that roster. Doncic probably doesn't develop here and Fox's breakout doesn't materializes like it has. And who knows where buddy's game is because of how much Doncic demands the ball.

The way I see it is how many young guys can you have on a team trying to be an alpha? Actually think it could be a problem....but that is just a hypothetical. Fox is the guy for Sac. Doncic is the guy for Dallas. And before dismissing that they could make it happen together, I watched the end of the one Dallas game where they used Doncic as a pawn and the last shot went to someone else, a miss or turnover and Doncic was not a happy guy.

I think the best case scenario for both Bagley and Doncic is right where they are at. Doncic is the face of that franchise and Bagley is a perfect fit in Sac with Fox.
It went to DSJ if I recall who did not get a shot off before the buzzer (with ample time when he caught the ball). That was the stupidest part of it all.

That being said, after reading and listening to whats going on with the mavs and DSJ, IMO, the kings dodged a serious bullet by not drafting Doncic. Doncic needs the ball and so does Fox. This team would not be what it is today and its future would be in doubt had they drafted Doncic. I can't even imagine what kind of personnel moves would have had to be made to get all the players on the same page and to get the most out of that roster. Doncic probably doesn't develop here and Fox's breakout doesn't materializes like it has. And who knows where buddy's game is because of how much Doncic demands the ball.
That type of thinking has been shot down in here and everywhere else time and time again. If you want to be a championship caliber team, you probably need two great ball handling offensive creators. First of all there are multiple examples on how well that type of personel has worked: Lebron&Kyrie, Steph&KD, Harden&Paul ect.

First of all DSJ with his lack of basketball iq, constant nagging injuries and questonable additude is half the player that Fox is. When it comes to DSJ, the issue is more that Carlisle doesnt like him that much (low basketball iq ect.) and apparently he has some additude/off the court problems. Having Doncic didnt create those problems, or if Doncic becoming the alpha dog was part of the problem for DSJ, he was never going to be a winner either way unless he was ready to be more of a team player.

Doncic isnt perfect and isnt a seamless fit to every team. As I wrote about him pre draft, a team that drafts him would benefit a lot from having a sizeable well defending sf/pf that could guard the best opposing wing. Hes most effective with the ball on his hands BUT since he is a good shooter, he can play off the ball and there are numerous ways on how a team can utilize having two good creators on the floor at the same time. For example, Cavs used to murder opponents in the 4th quarter by simply running Kyrie-Lebron pick n roll. You switch, you're in trouble. You go under, you're in trouble. You go over, you're in trouble. And thats just a one example, there are unlimited ways to utilize two ball handling studs on your offense. When it comes to guys like Buddy and Bogdan, raw numbers would go down but efficiency would go up. With good coaching if you have a dominant creator handling the ball while you have your other creator with Buddy Hield setting screens to each other and cutting ect, your offense would only get better.

Another good example on why its beneficial to have two great ball handling creators, is staggering them so that one is on the court at all times. In general, a good ball handling creator is the most valuable and most difference making of player you can have. Assuming you play your creator 35min a game, you are left with 13minutes without him. Having another guy like that playing those minutes (and vice versa) allows you to have an extremely productive player creating your offense for the whole 48minutes.

That type of thinking has been shot down in here and everywhere else time and time again. If you want to be a championship caliber team, you probably need two great ball handling offensive creators. First of all there are multiple examples on how well that type of personel has worked: Lebron&Kyrie, Steph&KD, Harden&Paul ect.

First of all DSJ with his lack of basketball iq, constant nagging injuries and questonable additude is half the player that Fox is. When it comes to DSJ, the issue is more that Carlisle doesnt like him that much (low basketball iq ect.) and apparently he has some additude/off the court problems. Having Doncic didnt create those problems, or if Doncic becoming the alpha dog was part of the problem for DSJ, he was never going to be a winner either way unless he was ready to be more of a team player.

Doncic isnt perfect and isnt a seamless fit to every team. As I wrote about him pre draft, a team that drafts him would benefit a lot from having a sizeable well defending sf/pf that could guard the best opposing wing. Hes most effective with the ball on his hands BUT since he is a good shooter, he can play off the ball and there are numerous ways on how a team can utilize having two good creators on the floor at the same time. For example, Cavs used to murder opponents in the 4th quarter by simply running Kyrie-Lebron pick n roll. You switch, you're in trouble. You go under, you're in trouble. You go over, you're in trouble. And thats just a one example, there are unlimited ways to utilize two ball handling studs on your offense. When it comes to guys like Buddy and Bogdan, raw numbers would go down but efficiency would go up. With good coaching if you have a dominant creator handling the ball while you have your other creator with Buddy Hield setting screens to each other and cutting ect, your offense would only get better.

Another good example on why its beneficial to have two great ball handling creators, is staggering them so that one is on the court at all times. In general, a good ball handling creator is the most valuable and most difference making of player you can have. Assuming you play your creator 35min a game, you are left with 13minutes without him. Having another guy like that playing those minutes (and vice versa) allows you to have an extremely productive player creating your offense for the whole 48minutes.
It’s crazy I think we still need to explain why more ball handlers and creators is a good thing

That having been said, there's a difference between having multiple ball handlers/creators and having multiple guys who want to be The Guy™. And I don't think there's any question that both Doncic and Fox want to be The Guy™, so who's going to be the one willing to take a back seat, if they're both in Sacramento?
That’s something we worry about later if the team is winning I doubt two unselfish guys complain.

Also Luka wasn’t the main in euro league (Llull) and Slovenia (Dragic) sharing the spotlight wouldn’t be new

Watched the Dallas San Antonio game. The story of the game will be Luka scoring 25 plus points for consecutive games. What won’t be talked about is San Antonio winning the game by iso ing Luka on one side of the floor while the 4 other guys clear out on the other side. His offense is great, his defense is a sieve.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That’s something we worry about later if the team is winning I doubt two unselfish guys complain.
Counterpoint: I'd argue that, if anything, that doesn't typically work, unless the team has already proven itself a winner, or if the players in question had all separately had the experience of "not quite" getting there. At least, that's how things tend to go in the NBA; I can't speak to Euro League.

Watched the Dallas San Antonio game. The story of the game will be Luka scoring 25 plus points for consecutive games. What won’t be talked about is San Antonio winning the game by iso ing Luka on one side of the floor while the 4 other guys clear out on the other side. His offense is great, his defense is a sieve.
It was Derozan scores on him easily than Luka gave a assist to Wes next play. The very next play after that DD hit another bucket on Wes.

Counterpoint: I'd argue that, if anything, that doesn't typically work, unless the team has already proven itself a winner, or if the players in question had all separately had the experience of "not quite" getting there. At least, that's how things tend to go in the NBA; I can't speak to Euro League.
I just feel both being high character high IQ guys that be no problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.