Following 2019 draftees!!!

5 turnovers for Kris Wilkes in this first half vs Oregon... Kings game can't start fast enough, this is ugly.

the kid who's now thrust into the starting C role at Oregon was actually a Junior in HS last season, but if you looked at him you'd never know it. Francis Okoroh. He's a mauler. Interesting to watch..

Was looking forward to Bol Bol vs Moses Brown all season, I've caught a few of their matchups..

Malik Williams appears to have taken over the starting C spot for Louisville. Defenitely a situation worth monitoring.

6'5 Josh Reaves continues to look great everytime I catch a Penn State game. He's got legit defensive potential and looks servicable on offense. Gotta be one of the best seniors in the nation.

Illinois is overmatched but Ayo Dosunmu just had a great performance vs Michigan. 2 big blocks at the rim and he hit his 3's.

If he stays and they land Kofi Cockburn next season, which is the latest rumor, they will be much better.

UCLA scored 9 points in the final minute for a miraculous comeback. Chris Smith grabs an offensive rebound for a putback on a missed FT when he was standing out on the perimeter with .7 seconds to tie it.... unreal..

Prince Ali (yes it is he) with huge game for UCLA... thats crazy, I caught the first half and they had so many turnovers it was embarassing.. they worked oregon on the boards. the Ducks probably made a tactical error only playing Okoroh 11 minutes, those lineups they are running out there are small-ball ones...

Kevin Porter Jr is back for USC, BEnnie Boatwright just dropped 37 for them in an OT loss to Oregon St.

also Tyler Bey with a career high 26 points for Colorado. Something worth keeping an eye on for the Kings for sure.

D'Shawn Schwartz seems to be playing better too. His year is comign though, it's not this one.

I would take a flyer on Louis King with our 2nd round pick. I don't know if he declares, but he's still got a lot of potential despite his underwhelming year so far.

IU's gonna lose but this gotta be Romeo Langford's best performance of the season.

Bruno Fernando is destroying indiana's frontline all by himself.

I really don't understand why IU has Clifton Moore in the doghouse.. They looked like they desperately needed him in this game...

One of the crazy things about the UCLA situation that goes unsaid is ex UCLA coach Ben Howland has put together one of the very best 8-man rotations in the nation down at Mississippi State. That team is more dangerous than people realize. Ranked 14th but I swear their better than that..

Steven Enoch is eating UNC's bigs alive. this is a demolition. Easily the worst Coby White's played all year.

Enoch is 32/38 from the FT stripe on the season! thats damn impressive for a kid that size and level of athleticism.

How UVA is ranked 4th is beyond my comprehension, my eyes see the best team in the nation...

Jay Huff is a potential sleeper off their bench, he's 7'1 can shoot 3's and can dunk from the FT line.

Mifondu Kambengele who's related to Moutumbo thru his mother just changed the game for FSU vs Duke in the first half.. He's got an interesting skillset for the NBA and could be a match with the Kings.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
A player that I've seen play about a dozen times this year already, and a player that will likely be available when the Kings pick in the 2nd round is Bruno Fernando, the 6'10", 240 lb Center/PF from Maryland. If the Kings are looking for a future replacement for Willie, Fernando is a player that brings athleticism, great length (7'4" wingspan), and a good developing skill set. He's mostly a post player with decent footwork and a nice touch around the basket. He seldom takes a shot away from the basket, but when he does it's usually in the 12 to 15 foot range. He is currently shooting 40% from the three, but considering he's only taken 5 three's all season, it's too small a sampling to get excited about.

That said, he's a pretty good free throw shooter at 73%. and his jumpshot looks decent, so there is future potential there. But his calling card right now is rebounding (he's averaging 10.3 boards a game), running the floor and blocking shots( 2.2 per game). He's a very good post defender, and isn't a slouch out on the perimeter in isolation either, showing good lateral quickness. He's also a very good passer, although he tries the impossible at times. Did I mention he comes with an NBA body as well.. This season he's averaging 14.8 ppg while shooting 68.5% overall.

He's a hard worker and a fierce competitor who won't back down from anyone. He's not quite ready to be a per minutes rotational player, but there's a lot to like about him and he definitely has a future in the NBA. Here's a little video.

Last edited:
A player that I've seen play about a dozen times this year already, and a player that will likely be available when the Kings pick in the 2nd round is Bruno Fernando, the 6'10", 240 lb Center/PF from Maryland. If the Kings are looking for a future replacement for Willie, Fernando is a player that brings athleticism, great length (7'4" wingspan), and a good developing skill set. He's mostly a post player with decent footwork and a nice touch around the basket. He seldom takes a shot away from the basket, but when he does it's usually in the 12 to 15 foot range. He is currently shooting 40% from the three, but considering he's only taken 5 three's all season, it's too small a sampling to get excited about.

That said, he's a pretty good free throw shooter at 73%. and his jumpshot looks decent, so there is future potential there. But his calling card right now is rebounding (he's averaging 10.3 boards a game), running the floor and blocking shots( 2.2 per game). He's a very good post defender, and isn't a slouch out on the perimeter in isolation either, showing good lateral quickness. He's also a very good passer, although he tries the impossible at times. Did I mention he comes with an NBA body as well.. This season he's averaging 14.8 ppg while shooting 68.5% overall.

He's a hard worker and a fierce competitor who won't back down from anyone. He's not quite ready to be a per minutes rotational player, but there's a lot to like about him and he definitely has a future in the NBA. Here's a little video.

all for taking a flier on Fernando, the Kings have a roster spot for a bruiser big and he qualifies. Followed his story since he was committed to SMU and ranked 3-stars by some services. He's got nice anticipation defensively and can lift off the ground quickly for blocks. He's come a long way since then too, which bodes well moving forward, has added a ton of strength in just a few years.

I haven't caught nearly as many Maryland games this year as the past 2 when I was checking in on Huerter (who dropped 29 last night for the Hawks!). Are you detecting any early signs of life from Aaron Wiggins?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
all for taking a flier on Fernando, the Kings have a roster spot for a bruiser big and he qualifies. Followed his story since he was committed to SMU and ranked 3-stars by some services. He's got nice anticipation defensively and can lift off the ground quickly for blocks. He's come a long way since then too, which bodes well moving forward, has added a ton of strength in just a few years.

I haven't caught nearly as many Maryland games this year as the past 2 when I was checking in on Huerter (who dropped 29 last night for the Hawks!). Are you detecting any early signs of life from Aaron Wiggins?
I tend to watch games that has players I'm interested in. It limits the amount of players I can see with regularity, but I feel I get a better perspective on the one's that I do watch. The old memory isn't what it used to be, so I need to keep feeding in the info, lest I forget.o_O I hate to even talk about Huerter who was one of my favorite players last season, and a player I prayed would be available for the Kings in the 2nd rd. I thought he had star material in him. There wasn't much he couldn't do. Very skilled player with very good, almost sneaky athleticism. Great BBIQ as well.

Kuzma is another one I had my eye on the year before, and the stinking Lakers wisely took him before we could get our hands on him. Oh well...:(

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Killian Tillie is back!

14pts 6rebs 3ast 3blks in 19 minutes vs San Fransisco last night.
If Gonzaga gets all its pieces in place and all the cylinders firing, watch out come tournament time. What a great year Tennessee is having. Can't wait for tournament time to see who wears the choke collar this season.

USC head coach Andy Enfield has suspended freshman point guard Kevin Porter Jr. indefinitely for an unspecified conduct issue.

“We’ll reevaluate his future with the program this week,” Enfield told the L.A. Times.

“It’s very disappointing. We need all our players to be healthy and available. The last thing you want to do as a head coach is suspend any of your players, but when there’s conduct issues, we have no choice.”

I tend to watch games that has players I'm interested in. It limits the amount of players I can see with regularity, but I feel I get a better perspective on the one's that I do watch. The old memory isn't what it used to be, so I need to keep feeding in the info, lest I forget.o_O I hate to even talk about Huerter who was one of my favorite players last season, and a player I prayed would be available for the Kings in the 2nd rd. I thought he had star material in him. There wasn't much he couldn't do. Very skilled player with very good, almost sneaky athleticism. Great BBIQ as well.

Kuzma is another one I had my eye on the year before, and the stinking Lakers wisely took him before we could get our hands on him. Oh well...:(
Huerter had 29 points the other night for the Hawks! he's really settling in. Huge fan of both him and Kuzma back at Utah.

One thing i do as a bit of a cheat-sheat for recruiting info is pay attention to Team USA's youth squads, and that's where I first heard about Huerter.

Beatrwriter Tony Jones is a guy who I first heard Kuzma was a pro from on twitter. I'm still suprised at as how well he's transitioned and shot it. I was a big fan of those Utah teams in general though, I thought they were possibly the best on the west coast.

Dejan Vasiljevic 6'2 Junior Guard on Miami is under the radar. Unothodox release but an excellent shooter nonetheless. Not in the best spot to showcase. He's got Serbian roots, plays for Australia youth teams, lived in Canada. He slightly reminds me of Matthew Dellavedova.
I watched him and Jack White I think 3 years ago go up against Jalen Brown and Tyron Wallace (Cal?) playing for the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) in preseason and they held there own (White looked like a beast at the time/the best Australian wing I seen since jumpin Joe Ingles) despite the rest of the team not being able to compete. Have either got any realistic shot currently of being NBA guys/Euro pro's cause at the worst they will be NBL players.

I watched him and Jack White I think 3 years ago go up against Jalen Brown and Tyron Wallace (Cal?) playing for the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) in preseason and they held there own (White looked like a beast at the time/the best Australian wing I seen since jumpin Joe Ingles) despite the rest of the team not being able to compete. Have either got any realistic shot currently of being NBA guys/Euro pro's cause at the worst they will be NBL players.
I think the answer with both ultimately is yes, maybe not drafted but they'll get looks for sure. I'd actually love to see both on the Kings SL / preseason roster.

The fit for Vas at Miami is far from perfect too, they have too many guards. He's an NBA level 3pt marksman tho for sure, despite the unothodox form. He actually reminds me of Dellavedova, he's got a sneaky strong build for sure, tough kid.

Louisville Sophomore Jordan Nwora drops a career high 32 vs BC. 10 boards, 4ast, 1stl, 1blk...
This kid is big and he's skilled and hes got a soft shooting touch... his stock is gonna explode soon enough..

Last edited:
Ayo Dosunmu 3/4 from 3........ I mean... I hate to say it like this, but he is not this good of a 3pt-shooter.... If this continues though it could be huge..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If Ignas Brazdeikis were to fall to the Kings in the 30's that could be an interesting fit.

6'7" SF, he's tough too.

Another lefty.
Personally, I think Brazdeikis goes in the 1st rd, but hey, who knows. Your right, he's a tough kid who plays with intensity. He's currently averaging 15.6 ppg while shooting 48.7% overall and 38.5% from the three. I'm all about efficiency. Would love for the Kings to get him in the 2nd rd. Another player having a great year is Ty Jerome from Virginia. He's definitely going in the 1st rd. Who doesn't need a 6'5" player that can play the point, while shooting over 40% from the three. He laid 12 assists on a good Virginia Tech team a couple of days ago.

Personally, I think Brazdeikis goes in the 1st rd, but hey, who knows. Your right, he's a tough kid who plays with intensity. He's currently averaging 15.6 ppg while shooting 48.7% overall and 38.5% from the three. I'm all about efficiency. Would love for the Kings to get him in the 2nd rd. Another player having a great year is Ty Jerome from Virginia. He's definitely going in the 1st rd. Who doesn't need a 6'5" player that can play the point, while shooting over 40% from the three. He laid 12 assists on a good Virginia Tech team a couple of days ago.

Agreed! I actually just re-adjusted my mock and have Iggy 31st.

Ty Jerome i have in the first rd as well. He's surgical. CAN'T WAIT for UVA vs Duke.

Draftexpress has their big board with Daniel Gafford at #25. Am I the only one who feels like that's too low? I really liked John Collins out of Wake Forest and I can't help but be reminded of him every time I see Gafford. High energy bouncy big with good hands and a knack for scoring. Collins had a better motor with a promising shooting touch on offense, but I think Gafford has better defensive instincts.

Here's their big board:
http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable