KANGZ are dead, long live the Kardiac Kings!

Screwy. I have been calling them the Cardiac Kings since my Dad coined the term back in '89.

Fyi, my Dad is a doctor so it goes without saying....

Double fyi, LaSalle Thompson was my neighbor back then and Harold Pressley ended up buying the house from Tank. So the term has definitely been bandied around for a while.

I for one would like to see that monicker laid to rest, but it seems that some still have a Kangz attitude both here and in the public perception of the Kings. I think it’s time to move on from it, let the team be a normal team. Teams make mistakes, all teams mess up sometimes. When/if the Kings make a mistake it does not mean they have reverted to being “the Kangz”. I hate that phrase and attitude.

The term could also be co-opted. Your team gets buried under a barrage of threes? Kangz! You get run out of the gym by Fox and company? Kangz! You lose a close one to the clutch play of the STJY? Kangz! Who did it to you? Kangz! What happened to you? You got Kangzed!
Just loosing some stray thoughts into the ether to quote @Padrino ...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Does this mean I can’t whine and complain and threaten to turn off the TV every time we have a bad quarter? That’d I’d actually have to watch the entire game of this sport and team I claim to love?!

Dang it.
Of course you can whine and complain and threaten to turn off the TV. You can stomp your feet and, if you want to emulate, you can even threaten to go outside and kick the massive Ponderosa Pine in the front yard. (Note of warning: Don't actually kick the sucker. You could break a toe!)

The big difference is being threatening and doing. We'll still see the bad quarter - and even the occasional bad game. But we've got something back we had lost for a very long time. We've got faith and we've got a team full of players who don't know how to quit.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The term could also be co-opted. Your team gets buried under a barrage of threes? Kangz! You get run out of the gym by Fox and company? Kangz! You lose a close one to the clutch play of the STJY? Kangz! Who did it to you? Kangz! What happened to you? You got Kangzed!
Just loosing some stray thoughts into the ether to quote @Padrino ...
I personally opt to bury it forever for the simple reason it was derogatory and demeaning. It was used as a term of ridicule. Our guys deserve much, much better. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hello..always been here looking at post. Not much of a contributor but I just love what has been going on with this team.

My only criticism is WCS needs to be more aggressive game in and game out if he wants the big payday..

other than that,...

GO KINGS!
Wow. So glad to see you post a comment. You date back to the time of the big crash. :)

It's a great time to be a Kings fan!!