[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Dec. 14 - 7PT/10ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm wired and exhausted. That was a playoff game. I had forgotten what it feels like emotionally in a game like that.

Cocktail then hopefully I can sleep, lol.
I did something I haven't done in quite a while. I treated myself to a small glass of Firenog. :)

I am so very proud of this young team. I'm also proud of the Kings fans at G1C who didn't allow the GSW fans to come across on the broadcast.

I did something I haven't done in quite a while. I treated myself to a small glass of Firenog. :)

I am so very proud of this young team. I'm also proud of the Kings fans at G1C who didn't allow the GSW fans to come across on the broadcast.
I'm kinda pissed I didn't grab this game in my season ticket draft. I could've, it went surprisingly later. Oh well, was fun at home too.

Nobody wins by wearing out a team that has real talent. The problem is how the minutes are distributed. 36 mpg is a bottom line for a real starter and the Kings have 5 legit ones now. At the end of this one it was like it always seems to boil down to, Bogdan, Buddy, or Fox have to play an extreme amount of consecutive minutes. This seat of his pants rotation management has to be a little less common from here on. In looking at the play by play, Bogdan entered the game at the 6-7 mark of the 3rd and played the entire rest of the game! Buddy came in with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and played the whole 4th on top of that. He's saving them up in the first half by not playing them very much but I've never seen this before. And this year I've see similar management in more than a few games.
The pace of that game was blistering. You can’t compare to games and minutes where teams play a more normal pace.

Warriors don’t have a bench. We do. We needed to make it count more than we did.
You’ve been consistently on this Giles thing forever. He’s not good, now. He shouldn’t be playing in a nip and tuck game where we need every last bit of momentum. Yogi playing 15 minutes when he’s not on his game is fine too, or more than enough for me.

The bench was played fine for missing Bagley and Iman for me. Teams play their best players IMO

So many here criticizing the coach. Hind site is 20/20. If we would have won the game, coach would be praised for saving fox for the end. Or if he kept fox in and he fouled out the next play, this board would be beating the coach down for that. Yes I'd rather we won, but 2 closer games against the champs is better than 2 blowouts losses. And it's only the beginning, we getting better. Now we just gotta stay healthy :confused:

So many here criticizing the coach. Hind site is 20/20. If we would have won the game, coach would be praised for saving fox for the end. Or if he kept fox in and he fouled out the next play, this board would be beating the coach down for that. Yes I'd rather we won, but 2 closer games against the champs is better than 2 blowouts losses. And it's only the beginning, we getting better. Now we just gotta stay healthy :confused:
I didn't think Coach did anything to cost them the game. The players stopped moving w/o the ball and relying in ISO. That's almost always bad news for this team. That's not Coach Joerger's fault. I mean, when Klay hit the 3 to put GSW by 1 I thought he might call a TO to set up a good play .. but then I realized they only had 1 TO left. So I understand why he let them play it out.

Below is the 1:02 stretch that I believe determined the outcome of the game after they got out to the 10 point lead w/ 4:23 to go.

The Warriors missed 4 consecutive shots. But the KINGS didn't capitalize. They missed an open 3 followed by an unforced turnover followed by not securing the defensive rebound. If they find a way grab a rebound and score on any of those 3 possessions, I think they hold on for the W.

4:05 Kevin Durant misses driving layup 113 - 123
4:03 Kevon Looney offensive rebound 113 - 123
4:00 Klay Thompson misses 23-foot three point jumper 113 - 123
3:57 Bogdan Bogdanovic defensive rebound 113 - 123
3:50 De'Aaron Fox misses 25-foot three point jumper 113 - 123
3:46 Draymond Green defensive rebound 113 - 123
3:33 Kevin Durant misses 27-foot three point jumper 113 - 123
3:30 De'Aaron Fox defensive rebound 113 - 123
3:17 De'Aaron Fox bad pass (Stephen Curry steals) 113 - 123
3:15 De'Aaron Fox personal take foul 113 - 123
3:15 Yogi Ferrell enters the game for De'Aaron Fox 113 - 123
3:09 Justin Jackson personal foul 113 - 123
3:03 Stephen Curry misses 25-foot three point jumper 113 - 123
3:03 Kevin Durant offensive rebound 113 - 123
3:03 Willie Cauley-Stein shooting foul 113 - 123

Wow this one hurt. Bad.

We easily could have had this W but for a few unnecessary TOs down the stretch. Second time this season we could have beat the Warriors only to shoot ourselves in the foot. Just have to remind myself that we're young. But damn it still hurts to let that one get away.

A tough loss. The Kings played with confidence until they got the lead. Then they went from playing fast to trying to use up the clock and got shaky. It is a hard transition for them to make. GS makes few mistakes. The Kings caused some good turnovers.

We gave up too many offensive boards. The defense gave up 76 points in the first half. We have up 80 in the second half against Minn. 2 nights before. Against Minn we hit 50% from the 3. Last night we didn't.

Last night there was a lot of hanging around after the game and hugging the opponents. This is new, but I am not sure how I feel about it. GS repects the Kings for the first time in a long time. Not the team I want to pal around with.

The Kings made a few costly mistakes against the veteran champs. I am proud of them for fighting hard and not giving up.

130-125 GSW

I LOVE THIS TEAM>

And now? I'm leaving because I do not trust myself to deal with some of the ridiculous comments I'm sure are about to be made.
Kind of sad isn't it. I don’t comment during the game primarily because being on the east coast I DVR them and watch the next day. But even during games I watch live I learned a long time ago to not say much during the heat of the moment so I don’t vent ignorant or almost hysterical stuff that I go back and read later and see how I embarrassed myself. Someone told me a long time ago better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool rather than open your mouth and confirm it.

The team is really playing their hearts out, way exceeding expectations of most, if not all, on here. Joerger (and Vlade) have done a fantastic job. Many on here wanted them fired at the start of the season or at least had them on the hot seat. Even after the terrific start to the season they refused to give them the credit they deserved for developing the team over the last two seasons, having a plan and sticking to it, saying instead that Joerger had finally "seen the light" and started coaching the way they had been calling for all along. The arrogance on here at times knows no bounds. Maybe the Kings owners will fire Vlade and Joerger and reach down here and hire a couple of these experts.

The arm chair second guessing coach on here after this game is ridiculous. This team is still a work in progress and there are still many teaching moments to be taken advantage of. Joerger likes to use that phrase “teaching moments” and I think that is exactly what he is doing. This young inexperienced team went toe-to-toe with the world champions who brought their A game and the young Kings didn’t blink until the very end. An older more experienced team would not have blinked and pulled it off. Another one of those lessons that need to sink in and you can bet that they are letting it sink in today. They will remember the way they lost this game for a long time. Time to learn from it, file it away, and move on.

Kings played playoff basketball. Deserved to win for 45 min. No Bbiq in the last 3 min.

I don’t think the next 2 against the Dubs will be as close.
If Cousins, Livingston and Iggy are healthy.
I imagine the Dubs May look to pick up another shooter before the deadline
If Cousins is even half the player, that’s a nightmare matchup for anyone.
Dubs will have a legit inside and outside game.

Dubs are winning. But, no longer dominating like they have in the past. But, I don’t think their top worried. Cousins will bring a whole other dynamic to their team.

Warriors don’t have a bench. We do. We needed to make it count more than we did.
So your answer is to play our bench more minutes against Durant, Curry and Thompson? You do realize coach Kerr is not obligated to keep his bench in the game when our bench is on the floor, right? It’s a superstar league and their time on the floor dictates most everything. Regardless, it’s not like we played our starters 40+ minutes. Sorry, but this critique of coach is really pretty silly.

Fox came back in with what, maybe 2 minutes left? The whole team was rattled down the stretch, including fox. They got timid and the warriors played championship D. Woulda coulda shoulda with the coaching decision. I can understand disagreeing, but to claim it’s some indefensible decision by coach is over the top in my mind.
Consider me over the top than

Its almost like they needed their best players in the game to scratch and claw back from a double digit deficit against the world champs, and they ran out of gas. They were also down two of their top 6 guys down the stretch with injuries. You do what you have to to get back in the game and go from there. Maybe I’m just a glass half full kind of guy, but I personally want to give coach props for pulling the strings needed to keep us in the game.

But the fact is this wasn't anything particularly new. I've pointed it out in previous game threads as well. This is an issue with finding a consistent rest pattern while also emphasizing the minute totals of your best players. Part of this is taking Buddy out after like 4 minutes of game time. It's bizarre any way you slice it.

The pace of that game was blistering. You can’t compare to games and minutes where teams play a more normal pace.

Yeah, you can because the issue beyond fatigue is rhythm. The management lacks that and I think we see swings in productivity and consistency as a result. Beyond not running the Kings best play for multiple possessions at at time which is pick and roll.