[Game] Kings vs Timberwolves, Wednesday, Dec. 12 - 7PT/10ET

It was a great win. Any victory for the Kings is a big deal. Now we have more of them than we are used to. Before people start up with the crazy talk about playoffs and championships, I think it is important that we realize that we still have a few areas to work on and defense, especially defending the rim is our greatest weakness. I hope we can run GS right out of the gym.

I hope this team can meet your expectations... we would than be undefeated! The sun doesn't show too much on your side of the moon does it? I am just happy to see us being able to find a way to win a game while giving up all those points.
I think the point here is that we may want to try playing defense. That win yesterday was a great win, but it would've been even better if we had actually gotten some stops so that we didn't have to wait until the final 3 minutes before we felt like we were going to win despite scoring as much as we did.

It was a great win. Any victory for the Kings is a big deal. Now we have more of them than we are used to. Before people start up with the crazy talk about playoffs and championships, I think it is important that we realize that we still have a few areas to work on and defense, especially defending the rim is our greatest weakness. I hope we can run GS right out of the gym.
I agree. By the eye test and opponent scoring, it is clear that our defense is still awful, but seems to be improving overall in terms of people knowing where they ought to be. The enduring concern is constant individual breakdowns, particularly our guards getting beat off the dribble. I feel like we are doing a better job defending the 3pt line than we were at the beginning of the year (with a long way to go still!), but I think it's reasonable to believe that we can improve incrementally over the course of the year, and this could really make a difference in terms of our win percentage as we go. On the other side, it was fun to watch our offense last night - I feel like we've reached a real threshold in terms of sharing, where most of the team is both able and willing to find the open man. I was thinking last night that I saw maybe the best offensive court awareness and confidence I'd seen from the Kings in maybe 15 years.

True but 538 predicts them to finish with 35 wins. To hit your 44 number they can’t go 2-8 over their next 10. Which means they will need to play better defense and not rely on shooting 50% from 3.

That being said the last game was sure fun to watch.
What did 538 predict to start the season? Didn't they have us with everyone else at 25? They should go back to what they used to be good at.

. Joerger is very much about building a team over the long haul and there is a process. Yes, he’s prone to play vets first...

AHEM: (clears throat)

AHEM

Loudly Speaking: CAN WE PLEASE STOP SAYING THIS? IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE ANYMORE.

We are literally playing the youngest lineup in the league right now and if I knew how to search it, I would bet we were in the 5-7 youngest range last year too.

Last edited: